🦇Searching for friends and advice as a 20yr old lesbian.🦇
Hey, I hope whoever is reading this is well and has eaten today. Remember to drink water too. Hydration is important. ❤️ I'm opening this thread in hopes of finding friends, or maybe even a partner if it leads to that. I am a 20yr old openly lesbian woman. I'm in college, but I do remote at home for personal reasons. Here's a little about me:
Name: Max or Salem (Salem is my alias. It's what I go by mostly)
Age: 20
Pronouns: She/Them
I love video games. I'll play any genre except for sports. (If I wanted to play sports, I'd do it in real life.) Music is my lifeline. ❤️ There's no genre I won't listen to. I'm the "I'll listen to anything" type of person. My MP3 player is packed with mixed artists and genres. Death metal, video game soundtracks, and SZA, to name a few.
I'm a writer, so this is my equation. Writing + my brain = ✨curse✨. I'm always thinking of new scenarios, writing, or daydreaming about stories that don't exist yet. *Emphasis on yet.*
I'm a collector. So I collect pins (I put these on my bags), keychains, figures, Funko Pops, Legos (currently obsessed with the Animal Crossing series), books, plushies, posters, and much more. I've recently been looking into vinyl records and physical media like VHS tapes, CDs, DVDs, etc.
🕸️🕷️Vibes and Energy🕷️🕸️
Be ready for deep conversations, banter, and unfiltered realness. I'm blunt, I joke around, and I need people who can handle that. I have ADHD. I'm an overthinker. I don't do dry texters. If our conversation is as dead as a PS2 save file that didn't load, we're gonna have to reevaluate some things. BUT if you take time to get used to someone so you dry text in advance. I understand, and I'm here for it. It's 2025; we have to communicate at our big age. But I'm here to listen. ❤️ I have a zero-tolerance policy for ***. I'm a night owl. If you text me at 3-4 AM, I'll probably answer within 5-10 minutes--unless you've screwed me over, in which case? You don't exist. Tim Burton, aliens, musicals, the macabre, random energy, and chaotic thoughts at 3 AM? That's the kind of weird I love. ❤️
But even if you don't apply to some of these things, that's okay. I'm open and willing to meet new people.
- Max (PS. I cuss a little.)
I need a girlfriend too but you’re not my type, sorry.
@Maxislesbian I love your music taste. It seems varied. I listen to a lot of different stuff too. I like R&B, soul, jazz, rock, metal, classical, alternative, pop.
I play guitar and piano.
Do you publish/post your writing stuff somewhere? I'd love to read.
@girlflungoutofspace Hey, thanks for the comment. Your music taste sounds just as varied and layered as mine. We might have an overlap and contrast, which I like. I'm always curious about what people listen to when no one's watching. Those are the playlists that say the most about a person.
Guitar and Piano? That's amazing! I've always admired people who can make something out of silence. Have you made any songs?
As for my writing, I don't really post anywhere public. Most of it lives in scattered files, notebooks, and a few midnight Word Docs. If I do ever end up posting anything, it'll be on Ao3. Maybe.
P.S. Your username? Kind of legendary. Made me do a double take.
@Maxislesbian Thank you for noticing about the username. I know the right people will get it lol.
Yes, I write songs. But as your writing, they're mostly in scattered files, notebooks and voice memos. If I ever upload them anywhere, I think it would be on Soundcloud. At the moment, I'm not writing anything because my mental health isn't the best and I lack inspiration. Maybe it will come back when I feel better.
I'd love to read your writing someday.
@girlflungoutofspace I completely get that. When the words disappear, it’s like they slip into another room and close the door. But I’ve learned they always find their way back, even if it takes time. There’s something powerful about scattered notebooks and half-finished voice memos anyway. It feels like proof that something inside you is still moving, even in silence, even in things unfinished. There is no rush to greatness. Just take care of your mind first, love. Inspiration doesn’t need deadlines; it needs gentleness. And when the time feels right, I’d love to hear what your voice turns into. The ghosts in my files are always shifting too. Maybe someday, we’ll let them meet.
Looking forward to it.
I’m lesbian but biologically male AND a teen, so, uh, not gonna work, though you seem nice… But good wishes on your journey to finding a partner! I can be a friend if you’re willing, and don’t worry, I only bite occasionally.
Have some fun 🤩 on your search!- Jade
@ClosetedTransQueen btw you match like half of my friends in personality and interests.😂
@Maxislesbian I'm always here if you need anyone to talk to, can't promise you anything but I promise to stay
@Maxislesbian welcome to 7 cups! 😊
I’m a lesbian and a listener! Here anytime.
@Maxislesbian
hi Salem you sound totally cool hope to hear from you soon
@Maxislesbian
Hey! I love your name and interests! very similar to what I love too :)) I'm still a very anxious person to meeting new people but i'm always open to meeting new people
@Maxislesbian
dang max you are a very cool lass
i would love to be friends if ya still looking
i am a fellow writer too..mostly poetry and small stories
whats your go to music mine are metal as a metal head and sometimes orchestra but youtube recomendations do be good
and thak you for sharing so much about yourself