i feel a reflexive disgust/resentment when seeing happy wlw, especially wlw relationships (Tw homephobia)
Perhaps this is internalized self-hatred, or some form of it. A lot of us struggle with internalized homophobia. Do you have these thoughts about yourself? Do you live in a bigoted environment? Why do you think they don't deserve happiness?
I had internalized homophobia. Seeing happy people in same-gender relationships didn't make me angry, but made me very sad and anxious. I hated myself for being a lesbian. These feelings went away as I started to read personal stories of LGBTQ+ people, watch documentaries. It de-mystified everything.
I think maybe if you keep interacting with lesbians and bi women, these feelings will change. Keep being empathetic. You deserve happiness, and so do they. You already want to help them when they're upset, that means you are on the right path. Think logically about why certain people don't deserve happiness in your opinion. Keep asking yourself questions, maybe even journal it, to make it more clear. Keep asking why. I assure you, at one point you won't be able to find an answer, because these feelings are irrational. Empathy and logic will help you overcome them.
Stay strong and keep working on it. Life gets much better when you realize happiness shouldn't be reserved for the cisgender and heterosexual people only.
@poots234
You say with "us" so you identify as lesbian or bisexual?
It sounds like you really want to change and want to stop this hate.
How long have you been struggling with this?