Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One strategy I use to stay calm during the day is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura March 13th, 2018

One strategy I use to stay calm during the day is.....

281
User Profile: frankOrange1334
frankOrange1334 March 14th, 2018

Remove myself from all distractions and noise, even if just for a little while.

User Profile: Ugarte1989
Ugarte1989 March 14th, 2018

Staying away from negative people and evironments

1 reply
User Profile: Monica27
Monica27 March 15th, 2018

@Ugarte1989 that is so true that's how I feel

load more
User Profile: UndertheSmoke
UndertheSmoke March 14th, 2018

I sing, I like losing myself in the music. Actually, it doesn't matter how bad may i be feeling, I guess singing always gets me over the sad feelings anytime. It's getting hard, though, finding the motivations to do that, or even finding a song itself. if not, I guess I can always go punch a boxing bag.

User Profile: HopefulHeart2405
HopefulHeart2405 March 14th, 2018

I take deep breaths and think of calm and happy things. I also listen to music when I can and draw when I feel stressed or anxious.

User Profile: sunsetsarelife2487
sunsetsarelife2487 March 14th, 2018

try to breath and think of all the good things ive done that day

User Profile: CoAl99
CoAl99 March 15th, 2018

I listen to music a lot. Usually, it has something to do with what I feel. In a sense, music is my release. It just makes me feel nice when I'm not.

1 reply
User Profile: CoAl99
CoAl99 March 15th, 2018

@CoAl99

Oh, also I tend to draw a bit. Basically I distract myself. I remember last year I was taking an exam and I drew while I was taking the test (because it wasn't timed), and I honestly think that that was how I got such a high score on. I also tend to carry pens so I play with the clicker a lot, or walk around the room. Basically it either has something to do with distraction or movement. I remember one time, I had an entire notebook specifically for drawing while I'm in class. Okay, I'm probably rambling at this point, but the point of it is that I often use a lot of movement and little distractions.

load more
User Profile: Natalia0114
Natalia0114 March 15th, 2018

School: I let myself just close my eyes and breath, and just block out everything and everyone

Home: I listen to music and dance or draw.

User Profile: charmingTree7281
charmingTree7281 March 15th, 2018

Imagine myself in

the eye, the calm center of the storm. As everything is swirling around me, I can still feel at peace when I am centered

User Profile: NotQuiteBlue
NotQuiteBlue March 15th, 2018

MANDALAS!

They honestly help me so much.

User Profile: ShadowedFlower
ShadowedFlower March 15th, 2018

Smile. Just smile. Keep on smiling even when it hurts and when you cant hold on any longer go somewhere you can hide and let it out-not to loudly though. Keep it quiet so that no one can hear you...or at least thats what i do because then Ill get asked if Im okay and I dont want others worrying about me. Try a change a music...I listen to classical music at night when I go to bed...the first one most probably isnt really healthy...I just spent 5-10 minutes crying in the bathroom for no god damn apparent reason...and now Im thinking about cutting. I dont cut. Ive never been the type to cut. Im the type that is always smiling. Even when I rejected my childhood friend and then our-his other friend started to hate me because of it. Im sorry..Im just trying to hide my feelings. Im listening to classical music at the moment and its nice background music as I type this. Ive only ever cut maybe 3 times before and the last time was bad..or at least bad for me. A bunch of lines scattered across my hip, varying in size and bloodiness...I had to put gauze over it. I told my aunt I accidentally cut myself with my nails as my nails are long and Ive done it before accidentally. No one ever suspects anything. Im just another lost soul trying to find some type of peace over a little bit of nothing that is me. God... Im so dramatic...I hardly ever come on here...only to write little things not to rant... hope you have a nice day now. See ya later..!💛

2 replies
User Profile: Allie2732
Allie2732 March 15th, 2018

@ShadowedFlower

Hey I'm new here! For me, I researched ways to keep from cutting. The tip that I found works best for me is painting. It can be on your body, where you would cut, or on some paper. Painting what I feel has really helped me. As for anxiety, I practice yoga and meditation, but even if you arent really into meditation, you can just notice the room around you, try to slow down your breathing and think of just one (small or big) thing that you are truly grateful for and that truly makes you happy. :) Thinking of the present moment helps keep away my anxiety attacks.

1 reply
User Profile: RaziTobias
RaziTobias March 15th, 2018

@Allie2732 If you don't have access to paint you can always use markers or pens. That's how I got over cutting. I'd keep pens, sharpies, highlighters and such on me and no one ever bothered me when I doodled on myself. Plus there was something reassuring about being able to look down and see little doodled hearts, flowers, etc on my skin when everything else felt really dark. Journalling is really good too - especially if you don't want people worrying about you. There's the good old paper method, but you can also make private password locked blogs online or even just like videos recording yourself talk that you hide or delete after you've vented.

Just remember that crying is scientifically proven to be good for you, and that it's perfectly normal to not smile all the time. No one is ever happy 24/7. No one. So don't feel ashamed for feeling the need to cry sometimes, and know that there are people here you can talk to if you ever need to vent.

load more
load more