Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

share how you feel or about your situation using a song lyric here!

User Profile: theriverissinging
theriverissinging July 13th, 2022

the title says it! sometimes it's hard for us to share how we are feeling and music does it for some of us, something we can simply relate and have a creative outlet to express. everyone can come and share to this thread as many times as needed!

_1657730913.IMG_00461.jpg

[no idea what is this picture in my gallery but so cool lol; image description: a close focus on guitar - person holding it, fingers over strings]

83
User Profile: ally0fc
ally0fc July 15th, 2022

“... And I accept that it is time for a change, but not in places like this with people like these.” -My Year In Lists

“I just sighed, the universe replied ‘Let this pass you by.’” -I Just Sighed, I Just Sighed, Just So You Know


Both by Los Campesinos

User Profile: Mrforgettable
Mrforgettable July 15th, 2022

@theriverissinging

"Just say you won't let go"

James Arthur

User Profile: ourchemicalhearts
ourchemicalhearts July 15th, 2022
If I made you like me, would I even like myself?
Pointin' out all my flaws doesn't help
Why don't you love me?
Don't you love me?
I've changed every part of me
Until the puzzle pieces aren't me at all
I look in the mirror, now I'm just a jigsaw-aw

Jigsaw, Conan Gray
User Profile: Wolfgang97
Wolfgang97 July 15th, 2022

@theriverissinging

The best song I've written (I'm a musician/singer) that adequately managed to capture how I feel about my crush and my life and stuff:

C#m

I've been losing my hold

A E

Give it up slow, feel the hour get cold

C#m

Caught out, tearing up the pages

Asus2 E F#7

Just shout, curses at the graces

C#m A E

No doubt, I don't see an end in sight


C#m Esus2 Badd11

I'm messed up, not what you're needing

C#m Esus2 Badd11

I'm messed up, no longer leading

C#m A

I can't find my innocence

Esus2 B

I'm so pale and nothing makes sense, now

C#m A Esus2

I’m messed up, I missed the feeling


C#m

Practice saying your name

A E

Lay no blame, I'm surprised that you stayed

C#m A

Confess, I don't know where the pain is

E F#7

Obsessed, trying to explain it

C#m A E

Don't guess, only gonna waste your time.


Chorus


Bsus

I don't hear a word you say

A6

Watch you as you walk away

Esus2

Always ending up the same

C#m

I try to speak but I can't find a lie


Chorus



Best song from my favourite artists:

The Gates:


But the specific opening lines hit me:


No I won't lose hope, no I won't lose sight

But heaven is a place I just can't find

Run from the shadows and run to the light

Running from a past I left behind


Haunted by a memory

That I just can't set free

Searching for the man

I used to be

User Profile: cheerfulIceCream
cheerfulIceCream July 15th, 2022

@theriverissinging

Don't call me "kid"

Don't call me "baby"

Look at this godforsaken mess that you made me

You showed me colors

You know I can't see with anyone else


… Don't call me "kid"

Don't call me "baby"

Look at this idiotic fool that you made me

You taught me a secret language

I can't speak with anyone else


I tried to post this with so much coolness but the forum is just 💀, why does it give me 144 font size when I select 9.... and why is the paragraph space so big, 😞

*plans to come back here to post lyrics that express her emotions 🥲*

1 reply
User Profile: theriverissinging
theriverissinging OP July 15th, 2022

@cheerfulIceCream I am here to fix everything 🧍 tried to do something 😔

load more
User Profile: skywardstargaze
skywardstargaze July 15th, 2022

@theriverissinging

There, There by Radiohead

In pitch dark
I go walking in your landscape
Broken branches
Trip me as I speak
Just 'cause you feel it
Doesn't mean it's there
Just 'cause you feel it
Doesn't mean it's there
There's always a siren
Singing you to shipwreck
(Don't reach out, don't reach out
Don't reach out, don't reach out)
Steer away from these rocks
We'd be a walking disaster
(Don't reach out, don't reach out
Don't reach out, don't reach out)
Just 'cause you feel it
Doesn't mean it's there
(Someone on your shoulder
Someone on your shoulder)
Just 'cause you feel it
Doesn't mean it's there
(Someone on your shoulder
Someone on your shoulder)
There there!
Why so green and lonely?
Lonely, lonely?
Heaven sent you to me
To me, to me?
We are accidents waiting
Waiting to happen
We are accidents waiting
Waiting to happen

2 replies
User Profile: skywardstargaze
skywardstargaze July 15th, 2022

Alternatively:

America by Simon and Garfunkel


“Kathy, I’m lost”, I said, though I knew she was sleeping,

”I’m empty and aching and I don’t know why”

Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike,

They’ve all come to look for America.


Even more alternatively:

the entirety of I Am A Rock by Simon and Garfunkel

User Profile: theriverissinging
theriverissinging OP July 15th, 2022

@skywardstargaze ahhh Radiohead 😔

load more
User Profile: lightgirl5418
lightgirl5418 July 15th, 2022

@theriverissinging

2 Places

These days I keep finding myself caught in between
Am I awake or am I walking in my sleep?
Just never know what I'll be feeling today
Happy or sad, yeah, it could go either way
One minute I'll be fine then I don't know how to feel
I'm in between the two, standing still and on the run
Don't know what to do, I'm in two places at once
I feel like the moon tryna stay up for the sun
Heart is so confused 'cause it's two places at once, oh
I'm always spinning back and forth, I'm up and down
My head's all over the place and I'm stuck on the ground
Just look at the birds, they only know how to fly
Up in the clouds, they never worry like I do
One hand holds onto hope, the other's filled with doubt
I'm in between the two, standing still and on the run, yeah
Don't know what to do, I'm in two places at once
I feel like the moon tryna stay up for the sun
Heart is so confused 'cause it's two places at once
Ooo, ooh
The same things that make me smile
Are the same things that make me cry
The same things that comfort me are keeping me up at night, oh
I must be goin' numb, maybe it's all because, oh
I'm feelin' everything, I'm feelin' all at once
I'm in between the two (Standing still and on the run)
Standing still and on the run
(Don't know what to do, I'm in) Two places at once
(I feel like the moon) Tryna stay up for the sun, Ooh-ooh
(Heart is so confused 'cause) It's two places (at once)
My heart is two places at once
Two places at once
User Profile: versatileLake2802
versatileLake2802 July 15th, 2022

@theriverissinging

Queen's bohemian rhapsody "caught in a land slide, no escape from reality."

2 replies
User Profile: FaithfulPrune9638
FaithfulPrune9638 July 15th, 2022

@versatileLake2802

I feel like this one a lot. Especially 'I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me.' Except I am actually a girl.

1 reply
User Profile: versatileLake2802
versatileLake2802 July 16th, 2022

@FaithfulPrune9638 queen literally made a song that every person on this planet can relate to

load more
load more
User Profile: Btrade
Btrade July 15th, 2022

@theriverissinging

Return of The Mack (these lines living rent free in my head thanks to the latest television commercial for Frito Lay)


You lied to me
All those times I said that I loved you
You lied to me
Yes, I tried, yes I tried
You lied to me
Even though you knew I'd die for you
You lied to me
Yes, I cried, yes I cried



You lied to me
'Cause she said she'd never turn on me
You lied to me
But you did, but you did
You lied to me
All this pain you said I'd never feel
You lied to me
But I do, but I do, do, do

User Profile: FaithfulPrune9638
FaithfulPrune9638 July 15th, 2022

@theriverissinging

See, I'm not a gang banger, but my fave song of all time is Gangsta's Paradise. There's one part of the song that always touches me, and that is 'Why are we so blind to see, that the ones we hurt are you and me?'