Community /
Pen Pals Forum
Quick links
About Us
Get Started
Talk to an expert therapist
Hello! My name is Melissa and I am a licensed psychologist, providing mental...
Talk to Melissa Now
Create a New Thread
Gif
Photo
Link
📢 Exciting News: Introducing the Pen Pals Community!
by CheeryMango
Last post
March 26th
March 26th
...See more
We're thrilled to announce the launch of our newest community addition: Pen Pals! 🌐
Why Pen Pals?
Over time, we've observed a delightful surge in threads where users aim to stay in touch outside our chat rooms, whether due to aging up or simply desiring a dedicated space for connections. In response to this, we're introducing the Pen Pals Community to provide an exclusive platform for these valuable interactions.
Key Features:
1. 🤝 Stay Connected: Connect with fellow members beyond the chat rooms.
2. 🏡 Dedicated Space: A centralized hub for threads aimed at maintaining connections.
3. 🔄 Thread Relocations: Threads used for communication in other communities will be relocated here.
How This Impacts You:
1. Existing Threads: Threads used for communication will be relocated to the Pen Pals Community for a seamless transition.
2. New Threads: Going forward, please create all communication threads within the Pen Pals Community.
Enhancement to Communication Threads:
When creating these threads, please include in the title and body the usernames of those the thread is intended for. This personal touch ensures a clear connection.
📌 Example:
Title: "Chat with @Username1 and @Username2 – Memories and Updates!"
Body: "Hey @Username1 and @Username2, let's keep the conversation going in this thread!"
Additionally, you can request others to avoid commenting in your thread space if needed.
Why the Change?
- Centralized Conversations: Concentrating all communication threads in one space for better organization.
- Personalized Touch: Including usernames ensures that your message reaches the right individuals.
🦺⚠️ Safety Reminders for the Pen Pals Community
by tommy
Last post
July 9th, 2025
July 9th, 2025
...See more
Hello Pen Pals community!
We are so glad that you’re using pen pals to speak with each other and make deeper connections. That being said, there have been a few cases where communication in pen pals threads has broken forum guidelines [https://www.7cups.com/forum/7cupsleadership/SafetyGuidelines_1374/ExpandedForumGuidelinesMasterpost_167937/] and become unsupportive.
As a reminder, all communication in the forum (and in the pen pal’s community) must adhere to our forum guidelines, especially:
“Confidential information shared in a one-on-one or group chat is not allowed. This includes negative reviews of listeners or group mods. Example: if someone can identify who you are referring to, it is probably not a good idea to post it.” [https://www.7cups.com/forum/7cupsleadership/SafetyGuidelines_1374/ForumGuidelinesExpanded4Confidentiality_170949/]
There have been several cases of individuals moving to the pen pal’s forum to discuss things that have occurred in a group support room, or to avoid the moderator stopping them from discussing certain comments. This is not allowed and must be avoided. What this rule includes:
❌ Bypassing moderation:
• Discussing moderated or removed comments from group chats
• Attempting to circumvent moderation by shifting the conversation to the pen pals community. In that similar vein, using the forum space as a workaround to discuss sensitive topics that would normally be stopped in chats
❌ Offsite behavior:
• Sharing or hinting at external social media handles, group chat apps, or ways to connect off-platform
❌ Targeting or talking about others:
• Venting about other members, moderators, and listeners, either directly or through coded language
• Referencing other members’ behaviour in a way that invites judgment or criticism
❌ Exclusion and clique behaviour:
• Using inside jokes, codes, or language that excludes others from joining the conversation
• Discouraging new members from posting or participating
• Creating exclusionary or secretive threads that alienate other members
❌ Violation of privacy:
• Copy and pasting or summarising conversations from group chats or private chats
• Referring to things said by other members in private or semi-private spaces without permission
Additionally, the pen pal’s space is meant to foster a sense of wider community. Therefore, all communications should remain supportive and welcoming to everyone. We encourage everyone to remain inclusive and to avoid alienating other users through coded or exclusionary language. We understand that many of you come here to create a space to talk 1-1 or in a small group, which is fine however should still be appropriate for the forum and accessible by all for inclusivity and moderation purposes.
If you're ever unsure about what’s okay to share, or feel like you need to talk about something more sensitive, we encourage you to connect with a verified listener in 1-1 chat or post in an appropriate, moderated support room. When in doubt, you can also reach out to a forum moderator for guidance.
See something concerning? You can always flag a post or reach out directly to a forum/community moderator. You are also more than welcome to reach out to our forum ambassador/admin, tommy [https://www.7cups.com/@tommy] or CheeryMango [https://www.7cups.com/@cheerymango].
We look forward to everyone moving forward with these guidelines in mind!
7 Cups Forum Community
New Member
by Bell1520
Last post
Sunday
Sunday
...See more
Hey everyone!
I joined 7 cups just yesterday and I'm already exploring all the things it has to offer. I'd love a pen pal, but I'm not actually super sure how all this works so I'd be great to get some info from someone who's been here longer than me! I'm looking forward to chatting with new people and becoming a part of this supportive community. I appreciate your time taken to read this!
hii
by tatumiscool12
Last post
September 9th
September 9th
...See more
hi evb !
my name is tatum , but my friends call me tate or tay !
i use she/he/they prns and prefer she !
pls be patient i have a hard time regulating my emotions sometimes .
Pen pals?
by highPlacesareMything1234
Last post
September 6th
September 6th
...See more
Hiii!
I’m looking for a pen pal that to chat with. Maybe we could be friends?
I am a teen and I love reading!
Anyone interested?
Best wishes
@highPlacesareMything1234 💫🫧✨
hey y'all!
by PicklesANDOcean4ever
Last post
September 1st
September 1st
...See more
Hey y'all!
I'm Jasper (he/him)
I'm 15 almost 16 (I'm so excited ahhhh)
I'm trans and pan
I support LGBTQIA+ rights, abortion rights, disability rights (I'm disabled, symbrachydactyly, look it up if you want), mental health rights, neurodivergent people rights, be a good person rights, all the good stuff lol
my hobbies are: reading, writing songs, playing my guitar, crocheting, Dr pepper overconsumption, true crime, dance moms, bluey, anything gay, warrior cats, drawing, being very cluttered, and over explaining things
I have adhd, depression, anxiety, gender dysphoria, and more
I'm looking for a more lighthearted (limited swearing) pen pal who I can have fun chatting with!
have a wonderful life!!!
we can recover/be stable/get support!!!
Is anyone learning French?
by CANDYSLAYBADDIES
Last post
September 1st
September 1st
...See more
I'm learning on Duolingo but there's only so much it can teach you. is anyone who either speaks French or is learning it willing to chat?
NewFriendDeb
by amusingWalker6864
Last post
August 27th
August 27th
...See more
I am looking for a kind, supportive, and genuine group of peers...friends.
Please read this
by exuberantMango5603
Last post
August 8th
August 8th
...See more
Hi can anyone please reply to this thread so that I can say hi and talk about any general thing or any pen pal related thing.
Looking for a penpal!
by Midnightglow444
Last post
July 2nd
July 2nd
...See more
Hi everyone! I'm new to this community and just looking to create a penpal. Some of my hobbies include: reading, writing, listening to music, and watching movies.
I hope to talk to someone soon! Have a lovely day! <3
anyone wanna be my penpal
by forcefulNickel848
Last post
June 16th
June 16th
...See more
Hi everyone! I’m sam a 18 -year-old living in srilanka🌄. I’m looking to connect with a pen pal to share stories, daily laughs, and perspectives on life.
A little bit about me:
*
Hobbies: I love [playing video games, reading books,, animation].
*
Vibe: I’m a introverted creative person who loves a good playlist and deeply appreciates a thoughtful conversation
A friend?
by lightWest4657
Last post
May 21st
May 21st
...See more
Hi I'm Lian I'm 20, and I love writing
Not just because I have a lot of things to write about lol
But it'd be lovely to write to someone that gets it and writes back to me too
It's a tough world
It's less tough when we talk about yeah?
See you on the other page?🙂
I want a friend. PERIOD.
by thebluegirl11
Last post
May 18th
May 18th
...See more
Hello everyone. I'm not comfortable using my real name yet so call me Blue. I'm a 14 years old girl who is struggling with scholiosis and anxiety. My life is boring AS *** so I wanted someone to chat with. I would be really happy if someone close to my age would choose me as their pen pal. I like reading (but I'm in a reading slump currently), movies, pop music and analyzing people(I'm not a weirdo I promise).
Write me for sure if you watched the movies Dead Poets Society and Breakfast Club, those two are literally my world. Also some of my fandoms are: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Heroes Of Olympus, The Amazing Digital Circus, School Bus Graveyard, Marionetta, Osora, Vanitas no Carte, Moriarty the Patriot, The Song Of Achilles, Anne with an E and MY FAVOURITE BUNGOU STRAY DOGS LITERALLY MY LIFE.
So this is me *feels like a loser currently* text me if you'd want to be my friend.
Yep barely surviving at the point
by secretSailboat2338
Last post
May 17th
May 17th
...See more
Hi I I’m a sixteen year old girl and I’m a huge introvert who lives on the reading novels and writing them. My life is what I would consider boring but I always find myself doing smth which makes no sense but hey that’s life. I’m currently doing my advanced level exams and tht pretty much sucks. My nickname is Tinashe (funny story behind tht btw) and I hope to make some friends like me. Baiiii :)))
Community Leaders
Community Mentor Leader
Community Resources
WIP