Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav
Community /

Pen Pals Forum

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
CheeryMango profile picture
📢 Exciting News: Introducing the Pen Pals Community!
by CheeryMango
Last post
March 26th
...See more We're thrilled to announce the launch of our newest community addition: Pen Pals! 🌐 Why Pen Pals? Over time, we've observed a delightful surge in threads where users aim to stay in touch outside our chat rooms, whether due to aging up or simply desiring a dedicated space for connections. In response to this, we're introducing the Pen Pals Community to provide an exclusive platform for these valuable interactions. Key Features: 1. 🤝 Stay Connected: Connect with fellow members beyond the chat rooms. 2. 🏡 Dedicated Space: A centralized hub for threads aimed at maintaining connections. 3. 🔄 Thread Relocations: Threads used for communication in other communities will be relocated here. How This Impacts You: 1. Existing Threads: Threads used for communication will be relocated to the Pen Pals Community for a seamless transition. 2. New Threads: Going forward, please create all communication threads within the Pen Pals Community. Enhancement to Communication Threads: When creating these threads, please include in the title and body the usernames of those the thread is intended for. This personal touch ensures a clear connection. 📌 Example: Title: "Chat with @Username1 and @Username2 – Memories and Updates!" Body: "Hey @Username1 and @Username2, let's keep the conversation going in this thread!" Additionally, you can request others to avoid commenting in your thread space if needed. Why the Change? - Centralized Conversations: Concentrating all communication threads in one space for better organization. - Personalized Touch: Including usernames ensures that your message reaches the right individuals.
tommy profile picture
🦺⚠️ Safety Reminders for the Pen Pals Community
by tommy
Last post
July 9th, 2025
...See more Hello Pen Pals community!  We are so glad that you’re using pen pals to speak with each other and make deeper connections. That being said, there have been a few cases where communication in pen pals threads has broken forum guidelines [https://www.7cups.com/forum/7cupsleadership/SafetyGuidelines_1374/ExpandedForumGuidelinesMasterpost_167937/] and become unsupportive.  As a reminder, all communication in the forum (and in the pen pal’s community) must adhere to our forum guidelines, especially: “Confidential information shared in a one-on-one or group chat is not allowed. This includes negative reviews of listeners or group mods. Example: if someone can identify who you are referring to, it is probably not a good idea to post it.”  [https://www.7cups.com/forum/7cupsleadership/SafetyGuidelines_1374/ForumGuidelinesExpanded4Confidentiality_170949/] There have been several cases of individuals moving to the pen pal’s forum to discuss things that have occurred in a group support room, or to avoid the moderator stopping them from discussing certain comments. This is not allowed and must be avoided. What this rule includes: ❌ Bypassing moderation: • Discussing moderated or removed comments from group chats • Attempting to circumvent moderation by shifting the conversation to the pen pals community. In that similar vein, using the forum space as a workaround to discuss sensitive topics that would normally be stopped in chats ❌ Offsite behavior: • Sharing or hinting at external social media handles, group chat apps, or ways to connect off-platform ❌ Targeting or talking about others: • Venting about other members, moderators, and listeners, either directly or through coded language • Referencing other members’ behaviour in a way that invites judgment or criticism ❌ Exclusion and clique behaviour: • Using inside jokes, codes, or language that excludes others from joining the conversation • Discouraging new members from posting or participating • Creating exclusionary or secretive threads that alienate other members ❌ Violation of privacy: • Copy and pasting or summarising conversations from group chats or private chats • Referring to things said by other members in private or semi-private spaces without permission Additionally, the pen pal’s space is meant to foster a sense of wider community. Therefore, all communications should remain supportive and welcoming to everyone. We encourage everyone to remain inclusive and to avoid alienating other users through coded or exclusionary language. We understand that many of you come here to create a space to talk 1-1 or in a small group, which is fine however should still be appropriate for the forum and accessible by all for inclusivity and moderation purposes. If you're ever unsure about what’s okay to share, or feel like you need to talk about something more sensitive, we encourage you to connect with a verified listener in 1-1 chat or post in an appropriate, moderated support room. When in doubt, you can also reach out to a forum moderator for guidance. See something concerning? You can always flag a post or reach out directly to a forum/community moderator. You are also more than welcome to reach out to our forum ambassador/admin, tommy [https://www.7cups.com/@tommy] or CheeryMango [https://www.7cups.com/@cheerymango]. We look forward to everyone moving forward with these guidelines in mind! 7 Cups Forum Community
yourlocalIKEA profile picture
Yapping mode activated corner
by yourlocalIKEA
Last post
9 hours ago
...See more @IzzyGamer Please don't lurk if you aren't me or Izazzy... We literally haven't yapped in ages! For sure I missed ur presence in chatrooms, and I haven't been on cups till recently, so hopefully we can chat more :D
yourlocalIKEA profile picture
Laces and Kale
by yourlocalIKEA
Last post
13 hours ago
...See more @Macylou82 Now we can chat more often ^^ feel like i either see u a lot or not at all Please dont lurk if ur not me or laces!
unassumingEyes profile picture
Underneath the Sofa Bed
by unassumingEyes
Last post
17 hours ago
...See more space for @yourlocalikea and @unassumingEyes only. Thank you for not snooping everyone else 🤍 ------------------------- @yourlocalikea 1. In my defence life is chaotic so yes im making this several days after asking  2. I use prepositions when naming stuff dont ask xD 3. Well ofcourse it had to be furniture themed 4. 📣welcome to our penpals!📣
fairmindedJar4926 profile picture
Pen Pals forum for all my friends from teeny land
by fairmindedJar4926
Last post
20 hours ago
...See more Hi All, This forum is for talking to all the people that I wouldn't be able to talk to in the community rooms after I age up this month on 28th. I am Jar 🫙 or  your Secret Alien Agent 🛸from Mars. Hmm I joined Cups last December and it has been helping me a lot ever since. I had some wonderful listeners who cared for me and talked to me when I was feeling very low. Though I did have some creepy encounters with some listeners,  the good ones were worth it. And then in Feb, I discovered that group chats Exist.  When I first entered  the teen community room I met Rome, Cherry, Boba( grapes). And soon after I used to spend all my day on cups , lol. I had so much fun with my listeners and with members in tcr. Sometimes chats get so chaotic and fast. We move from one topic to another like going to Atlantis and playing word games to sharing virtual hugs and even virtual food 🍪🍪! I will miss Tcr a lot.  I learnt what the words brb, tyt, tc, fr, tbh,lmao mean hehe.  It is sad to see some users leaving 7 cups for various reasons, I miss you all and  I hope you are doing okay, wherever you are.  I might not be very active these days, but I will try to reach out to you all  at least once a month.  Thank you all for talking to me, I hope we all can still connect  here on forums even though it might be kinda difficult and different for all of us. I will be waiting for you all on the adult side.  Take care and be safe! Sending lots of hugs to everyone. 🫂🫂🫂 I am sorry if I forgot to tag anyone: @bubblePerson5643 @Theordinarymuse @Mahd12 @DarkerPlaces  @midnightlily00 @Wisteriaaaa @lovelyAiko @Ch3rry98 @Selenophile9109 @Angiewaa @Pickoff @silvercurtains @Blessedfire67 @ZeninMaki @Calmmoon2104  @Miljan  @theboymoana @serenesapphire01 @AD2204 @Luminity125 @H3reAlways @Crimsonqueen14 @SmoothOpertor55 @cheerfulKiwi1776 @wittyApple4830  @emotionalMaple2346 @bobaa13  @SkyeBanfeild @SimpleWriter10 @SageDrift @Twizzly @calmCucumber7857 @chostof @HappyWarmChocolate  @bestGlobe4193 @SkilledChatter @Alffie @selanaluna77  @QuietWillow00 @Starwarsfan1234 @Astronaut666 @drooly @localcryptid644 @Raspberrytart7 @magnanimousberry  @luvArisu @PicklesANDOcean4ever @peachFig5988
stormieandpaws profile picture
hi purpleHemlock3913
by stormieandpaws
Last post
21 hours ago
...See more @purpleHemlock3913  hope this works i know you said you tried thought i would too
Jaeteuk profile picture
A Communication Space for Jaeteuk and bestVase7265 only. (Please do not reply or respond, thank you)
by Jaeteuk
Last post
1 day ago
...See more I hope this can be a start of support for the long-term for the both of us. @bestVase7265
FairyPeanut profile picture
chat with @navyMango8430 @calmLemon7649 and @FairyPeanut
by FairyPeanut
Last post
1 day ago
...See more @navyMango8430 & @calmLemon7649 here is our little space to speak a broken French and hopefully create good memories ₊˚⊹⋆
peachThinker662 profile picture
Twisted Peaches
by peachThinker662
Last post
2 days ago
...See more Hello @mytwistedsoul i hope you don’t mind me reaching out… and if you do… it’s ok.  You just seem so uplifting and fun. Someone I’d vibe with.  Thought we could chat.  Did you write your name in ketchup on that piece of bread?
cyanessence profile picture
@cyanessence graced by @Amanda84
by cyanessence
Last post
3 days ago
...See more @Amanda84 Hello friend! This is our pen pal chat. It means a lot to me that you are willing to spend even more time on me. However, this doesn't have to be big. It doesn't have to be deep and meaningful. It can just be a way to keep in touch, for I too consider you a dear friend. I know life has a lot of demands and not everyone has as much time as I do right now. I am lucky. If I do get wordy, don't feel compelled to write as much. Short responses carry just as much meaning as lengthy ones for me, and sometimes being concise is a way to convey a deeper message than a long message ever could. So, where to begin? What would *you* like to talk about? Anything and everything interest me. I used to know the names of many types of clouds. The only one that stuck is cumulonimbus, a dense, towering, vertical cloud. I like it for its prominence. I wish I knew the names of different types of birds, but the only one that's sticking is masked lapwing. They can be aggressive, but they stick their ground so you can sometimes get pretty close and take nice pictures. My memory is not meant to hold information like the names for all things...
SadMe70 profile picture
@MusicCandy @SadMe70 New place to communicate
by SadMe70
Last post
Sunday
...See more @MusicCandy Hi! I decided it was easier to just start a new thread. I can't figure out the old one. I am headed to my mom's tomorrow until Sunday night. Today is the fifth anniversary of dad's death. I couldn't get up there today, so it's the first time I won't be with her on the actual day. I won't be on here this weekend, so I'm writing this on Wednesday. Yesterday I made my first trip to the mountains in a long time. I hiked to Mary's Rock. It was not crowded and was great weather. It was kind of funny hiking in a t-shirt with snow on the ground! Today we are celebrating my DIL's birthday. The actual day is Saturday but I'll be at mom's. I am going to make the Korean dessert that I made for New Year's, since their dog ate all the leftovers and she didn't get to try much of it. Then I have some cleaning to do, and some errands to run, and then pick her up 45 min away because my son is here at work near our house. I'm going early enough to drop by my other son's house first to meet his new dog. He and his fiancee are adopting a 2 year old. I need to do laundry to prepare for my trip, and need to write detailed instructions for my pet sitters. I have an old note to work from, but I have a new lady coming one day and I need to make it extra-detailed for her. She is a pet sitting company, so it will cost me, but I need another person in my rotation of feeders. So it's a busy day today! I am grateful for my spring break this week that allows me to do all these things. I spent the weekend doing very little because I knew the rest of the week would be very busy! I don't like getting home the evening before I have to go back to work, since I won't get laundry, shopping, or cooking done, but it couldn't be helped! I hope the new thread works out, and that I tagged you correctly so you will see it! I hope your week has gone well, and here's to five more years of messages to come!
CommunityModFinn profile picture
Berry and Shadow
by CommunityModFinn
Last post
Friday
...See more This space is private. @exuberantBlackberry9105 , meet @Shadow I appreciate you both, thank you for being here ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ You are welcome to make a new thread, if it feels more comfortable, or stay here, whatever works (:
unassumingEyes profile picture
The Gremlin Hideout
by unassumingEyes
Last post
Friday
...See more ***for unassumingEyes, @LoveMyMoonflowers, and @DarkerPlaces only***  Welcome, cheese gremlin and wild gremlin, to our hideout! May chaos reign free, and good vibes guide our way. Your gremlin friend forever, the book gremlin. 
Community Guidelines

WIP


Community Leaders
Community Mentor Leader
Community Resources

WIP