Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Leadership Spotlight: Bubblegumwings1234

User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 May 20th, 2022

_1653074100._ LSpotlight-May2022-MentorLeader-BubblegumWings1234.png

Happy May! Please join me in congratulating @Bubblegumwings1234 on making the spotlight! Wings joined us roughly 1 year ago to pursue his interest in mental health and his passion to volunteer. He is the CML of the Student and Career Support Subcommunity!

Why did you nominate Wings?
They are incredibly helpful, supportive and dedicated towards their roles! They used to be Vl team QML and are now a chatroom ML (discussions coordinator) and Student and Career Support CML, and doing an awesome job with the roles. But beyond that they are always a kind, supportive and comforting presence in the chatrooms. Thank you for doing all you do here<3

In 3 words Wings is supportive, motivated, optimistic

-

We asked Wings some questions to get to know him better!

1. A favorite quote: “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”

2. Your proudest 7 cups achievement: All the roles I am serving right now and most importantly CRML and CML for Student and Career Support

3. If you had one piece of advice for our community (leaders/listeners/members/whoever), what would it be?: I would say to clearly define your purpose and priority of the purpose to be on cups and to ensure that what you do is in line with your purpose and the purpose is achievable for you. Like for a member, the purpose could be to get some support and a listening ear.

4. 1-3 words that embody 7 Cups to you?: Unconditional Care

Congratulations and thank you for your service!!

If you have worked with Wings, please let us know by replying below!

-

Do you know an awesome leader who deserves to be nominated? Please fill out this form!


14
User Profile: BurdensDown
BurdensDown May 21st, 2022

Congratulations

User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo May 21st, 2022

@Heather225

@Bubblegumwings1234

Hi H! 😊❤️ Many thanks for this amazing forum post as well as your well thought out questions! Thank you for highlighting a truly amazing leader in our community! *high fives* 😊 and big *hugs* ❤️

Hi Wingy! 😊❤️ Thank you so very much for handing yourself over to the interview process, sharing of yourself so that we all get a chance to even know you better as well as your well thought out responses! I really loved what you had to say!

It brings me so much joy to see you being honored! I've had the luxury of knowing you since you first started here as a listener! 😊 Dr. Seuss "Oh the Places We'll Go"! Countless hours you and I have spent together in the LSR supporting and helping fellow teammates, hand in hand, arm in arm and shoulder to shoulder! Wingy, it's been a true privilege my friend to work along side of you!

It has been a thing of beauty to sit back, see your growth and bask in your glow! Wingy, you sooooo got this! I love your eye for detail, your amazing work ethic and for me, personally, I have truly benefited from your kindness and patience! Yes Wingy, you know I'm going to bring this one up!

Thank you for seeing value in me! Thank you for your kindness and patience with me when training me for Chatroom Mentor! ❤️ It's really a "call back" to your attention to detail as well. I love your humanistic approach, knowing who and what you are dealing with. Training starts, and you see Gizzie falling apart a bit, lol. I think we were into 2 questions maybe and you "called it as you see it" as in, you saying "Giz, I know you know this, I've seen you do this countless times right in front of my eyes with showing you know the info".

You had your finger on the "pulse of what it means to be me". That I just "flow". Jump in and just "do" and let it all unfold organically but, get the jitters when being tested I guess as I became nervous in the "eyes directly on me". It wasn't the same environment any more. Thanks for giving me a moment, addressing the issue, letting me get in the right "head space". You gave me the chance to let it all fall away, bring the heat and bring the noise like I do on the daily! Thank you for knowing your teammates so very well! ❤️

I enjoy your approach, I enjoy your leadership style and no wee bit of kindness is ever lost on me! I'll never forget the care and kindness you showed to me that day and I will always be grateful that you were my trainer!

*high fives* 😊 and big *hugs* ❤️

User Profile: NewYorker11
NewYorker11 May 21st, 2022

@Heather225

congratulations and thank you for helping others!!!

May 22nd, 2022

@bubblegumwings1234

Wooohooo.. highest five ever and higs.

Congrats. Hope you continue to enjoy your roles more than you have had 🧡