Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Living with Leaders Self-Interviews!

August 28th, 2022


[Update: All the new self-interviews will be posted here. Thank you!]


All the self-interviews of the Living with Leaders interview series will be posted in this thread.


Subscribe to the thread to keep yourself updated with the new self-interviews!


Okay, great. But what is self-interview? Self-interview is when you ask a few questions to yourself and answer them too!

What would I need to do to take my self-interview in the Living with Leaders series? We made the process really simple. All you need to do is select some interview questions in the self-interview form! You can also write your own question(s) using the 'Other' option and then you answer the questions in the form itself! Easy, isn't it?😮

I see a 'Self-Care at 7cups' option in the form. What is it? Oh, glad you noticed that 😄 Yes, please give a self-care talk about finding balance at 7cups if you'd like!


Living with Leaders Self-Interview Form (clickable)

(You are free to self-interview as many times as you like!)


Let's be learning from the leader in oneself and from the leader in one another!


I also request all the interviewees and the visitors of the thread to take a moment to read through some of the interviews and support the initiative by replying with your supportive comments to the individual interviews!


If you want to interview someone else (you could interview anyone on 7cups really!), request here.


98QOkC7.jpg



242
September 20th, 2022


Interviewee: @delicateSunset67


What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?

You either remove negativity or learn to live a happy life with it present.


What message do you want to leave for the world through your life?

I'm not saying the journey is easy, I'm saying that the finish line will be worth it.


When or where do you feel most creative, most connected to your true spirit?

I love gardening it truly brings me peace.


2 replies
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 20th, 2022

@Fristo @delicateSunset67 Thanks for doing this interview.

I really enjoyed reading this.

Question: Did you have a lot of fun doing the interview?

Hopefully, there will be more interviews from you, when you have the time of course.

I would love to read them.

No worries if you cannot do another interview.

Thanks for your time.

User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 21st, 2022

@Fristo @delicateSunset67 I feel that way too, either remove negativity or learn to live with it. I havent really been successful in removing it so I learn to live with it. Thank you for pointing that out in your interview.


load more
September 20th, 2022


Interviewee: @LittleBirdie30


What have been your learnings as a listener?

I think an important thing that I have learned as a Listener is to make sure you are taking care of yourself first and set boundaries!! You can only help others if you are mentally well and have limits.


Which quality is the most important in a human being and why?

To me, the most important quality in a human is kindness. We all go through hard times in life and just being kind to each other is so simple, yet it means so much. No matter our differences or where we come from, kindness connects us all and we can all benefit from it.


What is life for, according to you?


Life is enjoying every moment, the good and the bad. It wouldn't be life without ups and downs. You have to remember that nothing lasts forever and the good will always be back. Make sure to eat yummy food, enjoy loud concerts, and get all the fun time in with your loved ones!


4 replies
User Profile: LittleBirdie30
LittleBirdie30 September 20th, 2022

@Fristo Thank you for this amazing interview!

1 reply
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 20th, 2022

@LittleBirdie30 Thanks for doing it.


load more
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 20th, 2022

@Fristo @LittleBirdie30 Thanks for doing this interview.

I really enjoyed reading this.

Hopefully, there might be more interviews to come from you, if you have the time, of course.

No worries, if you cannot do another one.

I understand, if you cannot, life can keep us busy at times, and plus you leadership rolls here at 7cups and listening to others.


User Profile: StargirlTina
StargirlTina September 21st, 2022
@Fristo @LittleBirdie30 That was such lovely interview birdie! I love how you worded it all so simply and yet managed to pull at my heartstrings when you talk about how simple things can bring one sheer joy like spending time with loved ones! Much love🧡
load more
September 20th, 2022


Interviewee: @awesomespace8671



What general tips do you have for overcoming struggles and challenges of life?

alright so my tips for overcoming struggles is to try not to overthink too much and not stress out too much i think if you try to relax it will be easier to deal with them.


What is life for, according to you?

what is life for according to me? well that's tough and deep-going question and according to me it is to have fun make memories and try new experiences.


What is your idea of a successful or satisfactory life?

my idea of a successful life? well that one is the easiest for me to answer cuz my idea of a successful life is to have a lot of fun like as much as possible and to do the kind of work you like and that you have fun doing ur work cuz when ya lived a life with lots of fun and good experiences than ya lived a full and good life if u ask me



Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

@healingbrokenwings

3 replies
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 21st, 2022

@Fristo @awsomespace8671 Thanks for do this interview.

I really enjoyed reading this.

Maybe you could do another interview later one, if you have the time of course.

No worries if you cannot do another one.

Would love to read another interview.

But I understand, if you cannot do another one.

I know how busy people can get.


1 reply
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 21st, 2022

@calmMango9611 typo on

load more
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 21st, 2022

@Fristo @awesomespace8671 That would be my idea of a successful life too space. Having fun, enjoying, being around the people we love, that is an ideal and successful life for everyone I guess. A lot of people might will relate to you. Thank you for putting it here

load more
September 21st, 2022


Interviewee: @brightaday


1. What message do you want to leave for the world through your life?

I want to leave a message that everyone in this world has problems, but that every problem can be solved. Enjoy life


2. Which quality is the most important in a human being and why?

The greatest quality in a person is certainly honesty and acceptability. Without these two qualities, a person cannot be called a good person


3. What is life for, according to you?

Life is a roller coaster with ups and downs. But after every fall we need to stand up stronger and put a smile on our face


1 reply
User Profile: innateJoy9602
innateJoy9602 September 21st, 2022

@Fristo @brightaday

Wonderful interview!

And well said, life is a roller coaster with ups and downs but we must stand up stronger!💛💫


load more
User Profile: yushuo
yushuo September 21st, 2022

@Fristo think the best way to deal with uncertainty is to just accept it if there is truly no way to make it certain, take a deep breath and let whatever happens. Think widly on what happen on you and be positive. Make life ealiser anf take care of your self.


September 21st, 2022


Interviewee: @AmyMir6


What work gives you a sense of purpose?

- to me, working with people in order to help them gives me a really big sense of purpose. I love helping adults and kids/teenagers, because we all need someone to listen to and to give us support. So giving that to the community is wonderful.


Which area of 7cups (could be a chatroom, a forum, or any aspect of 7cups) do you want to especially see the growth of?

- I want to see the growth of the Listener Sharing Circle room. I absolutely love the sharing circle and I think it's so important for us listeners to have a space where we can share our journey and talk about our challenges. It's such a warm and comfortable space and I want for everyone to participate in the sessions!


How do you practise self-care at 7cups?

- at 7cups I practice self care with the meditations that we have access to and mindfulness. I also practice self care when I attend the Listener Sharing Circle, since I can have a break from listening and can share what I've been enjoying or what I've been finding hard. Being present in the Listener Support Room and community room is also useful to me, since I get to talk with so Many great listeners and we have a good time.


Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

@SirenOfSerenity is such an amazing person, she always helped me in this community and she has been a great presence in the LSC. @Goalsforlife has also been a great supporter of mine, she always helped me since I've been here and is always helping me get through everything. @Jenna is also a great person, she helps me when I have questions and is always ready to help.


Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?

I want to thank them for thinking of me and for always being ready to do such good things in the community.

3 replies
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 21st, 2022

@Fristo @AmyMir6 Listener sharing circle is something I have never attended till now and I would love to see them happening and be a part of it and have a chance to tell people my journey and hear to other people's story too. I hope to see that part of cups do progress in. Thank you for sharing that thought with us

1 reply
User Profile: AmyMir6
AmyMir6 September 21st, 2022

@yourbuddy30 I host them at Saturdays 8pm ET, you're more than welcome to join us :)

load more
User Profile: AmyMir6
AmyMir6 September 21st, 2022

@Fristo @SirenOfSerenity @Goalsforlife @Jenna

load more
September 21st, 2022


Interviewee: @innateJoy9602


What's something inspiring to you that always captures your interest?

I find inspiration from members and listeners of the 7cups community! When I see others in the forums or chatrooms, supporting each other it brings me joy! For one, I am constantly learning from others in this community when I see this behavior. It motivates me to also try my best to offer support. Thanks to the members of the community, I am inspired to uplift others around me as well.


How does one make peace with the uncertainties of life?

Acknowledging that things in life are frequently temporary! Understand that nothing in life is certain and that any emotions you are currently experiencing will soon pass. Gaining acceptance of change may seem like an insurmountable obstacle, especially if you are extremely terrified of it, but it is doable! A great question to ask yourself in this moment is: What’s the worst that can happen? If you examine the worst-case situation calmly and logically, you'll probably discover that what you're terrified of isn't actually that horrible.


What's something good for your personal growth that you can do consistently?

Practice self-compassion! Practising self-compassion consists of being mindful of when you are feeling low and staying kind to yourself. So, remember to be gentle and kind to yourself! No one is perfect, so don’t set high unrealistic expectations for yourself. Realizing that every mistake you make offers you the chance to improve and learn!


Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou @compassionateCar7091 @Optimisticempath @bestMaple2045



4 replies
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 21st, 2022

@Fristo @innateJoy9602 very motivating interview. You have a positive perspective about life and it is good to see that perspective here. Thank you for sharing this with us

User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 21st, 2022

@innateJoy9602

Aww thankyou for tagging me, Joy, a tag from you is always a reminder to smile hehe. 💛 I admire your positive outlook on life, and things in general, it's truly more about how we see things, and i see that you see things from a very balanced point of view, highly admirable.

While all the answers were amazing, one that spoke the loudest to me, was about rationally questioning our thoughts and fears, it really isn't *that* horrible, how our own mind tricks us to believe it is, as a consequence we miss out on many peaceful moments, wonderful opportunities and ofcourse, millions of innocent braincells haha. Great interview, thanks for sharing! 💛

User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 21st, 2022

@Fristo @innateJoy9602 Thanks for doing this interview.

I really enjoyed reading this.

I learned a little more about you, through this interview.

I loved it.

I love the Living with the Leaders program, because I am learning even more about the person as a whole, but not only that, but about what they all are doing to make 7cups better for everyone.

Hopefully, there will be more interviews to come, for you, when you have the time, of course.

I enjoyed reading this one.

Thanks again for doing this interview.

User Profile: innateJoy9602
innateJoy9602 September 21st, 2022

@Fristo

Thanks for the lovely interview friend<3

also, thanks to everyone's lovely messages!💛💫

load more
September 22nd, 2022


Interviewee: @Littlefairy28


1. What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?

Well there are many things to discuss with this question but i will mention a few learnings of my life. Firstly, being a good person doesn't cost you anything, if you do good things in life, life will reward you with unexpected blessings. Secondly, creating boundaries in relationships isn't being selfish or rude, it's necessary at a times and don't feel bad if you do that. Thirdly taking care of your health is the most important thing in life whether one can't realise it now but as you're gonna grow more it's all just gonna compile up, and health is not just physical health but overall health including mental health issues. If you feel like going therapy go for it.


2. What is your idea of a successful or satisfactory life?


My idea of successful and satisfactory life is that one must do what they love and not what society expects them to do. Pursuing their hobbies along with their worklife and serving the society in any form they're able to for eg making someone smile.


3. How does one make peace with the uncertainties of life?


Keeping in mind that whatever is going to happen has happened somewhere with someone and there's solution for every problem in life. There's a saying that the solution of a problem is born with the problem itself.


Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

@CreatingHappiness @fristo





4 replies
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 22nd, 2022

@Fristo @Littlefairy28 Thank you for doing this interview.

I really loved reading this.

You did a great job, doing this.

Question Did you have fun and will you do another interview, maybe later on?

1 reply
User Profile: Littlefairy28
Littlefairy28 September 22nd, 2022

@calmMango9611

I am really glad that you loved my interview. I will surely do more of these. If want me to answer any specific questions you can tell me that as well. I would love to share my perspective ❤

load more
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 22nd, 2022

@Fristo @Littlefairy28 Well said about the successful life. I believe everyone should be with that mindset then the world would be a better place for us to love in.

I havent heard about the saying but that definitely makes sense. Thank you for sharing that with us

1 reply
User Profile: Littlefairy28
Littlefairy28 September 22nd, 2022

@yourbuddy30

Thank you for your appreciation buddy ❤.

load more
load more
September 22nd, 2022


Interviewee: @Derekfan7695


What work gives you a sense of purpose?


In order to achieve a sense of purpose, I need to feel as though I have truly made a difference in someone’s day/life. This gives me a great deal of satisfaction!



What general tips do you have for overcoming struggles and challenges of life?


Some general tips I have for overcoming struggles and challenges of life are as follows:

1. Don't wait until you are too overwhelmed to ask for help. Address the issue when it's small.
2. Never give up. It's okay to have setbacks.
3. Get as much support as possible.
4. It's okay to make mistakes and or fail as long as you learn from them.
5. Try new hobbies (e.g. journaling, walking, reading, etc.) in order to deal with stress in a healthy way.
6. Know and understand; it's okay to cry.
7. Seek professional help when necessary.



What helps you be a good listener in your real life?


In order to be a good listener, you need to set the mood and tone of the chat. The listener needs to be patient, calm, validate, open-minded, and empathic when listening to the member.



Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

@KindnessMatters2020


Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?

Thank you for reaching out to me for this interview!😀



3 replies
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 22nd, 2022

@Fristo @Derekfan7695 Thank you for sharing tips to overcome struggles and doing this interview!

User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 23rd, 2022

@Fristo @Derekfan7695 Thanks for doing this interview.

I really enjoyed reading this.

Hopefully, there will be more interviews down the road for you, if you have the time of course.

Thanks for doing this interview for us.

User Profile: StargirlTina
StargirlTina September 23rd, 2022

@Fristo @Derekfan7695 Very well said Derek!🧡 Loved how you sequentially put down the tips for us to read.


I agree with all of them, specifically the part where you talk about seeking help and addressing when the issue is small and doesn't coalesce into something greater.. And truly, setting the mood and tone for a helpful and meaningful conversation does depend on the listener to a great extent!

Indeed an amazing read, and I hope to see more interviews and forum posts from you!😊Hope you have an amazing day ahead!🦋
load more
September 23rd, 2022


Interviewee: @SukoLovesHito


What has been your learning at 7cups, from which the fellow 7cuppers could benefit?

Every 7cup person could benefit, because nobody is perfect! And sometimes we need help!



What are your personal goals and what helps you progress towards achieving those goals?

Music helps me achieve my goals, however, I don’t have many goals.



What kind of connections and relationships are stable and meaningful?

Healthy ones! That way you can always maintain good friends, or a great partner!



Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

I don’t have many friends on 7cups yet. However, I admire all the listeners!


1 reply
User Profile: StargirlTina
StargirlTina September 23rd, 2022

@Fristo @SukoLovesHito Hello there suko! First off high fiveee, cos music is something that fuels me too no matter what mood I'm in!🧡💃 It takes some time sometimes for us to figure out our goals or work towards them and I feel that's all a part of the process. It's lovely knowing you through this interview and I'd like to let you knoe that my inbox is always open for a new friend!🦋

Thank you for being a part of the community, you are so appreciated!

hugs-sending-virtual-hugs.gif


load more