Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Living with Leaders Self-Interviews!

August 28th, 2022


[Update: All the new self-interviews will be posted here. Thank you!]


All the self-interviews of the Living with Leaders interview series will be posted in this thread.


Subscribe to the thread to keep yourself updated with the new self-interviews!


Okay, great. But what is self-interview? Self-interview is when you ask a few questions to yourself and answer them too!

What would I need to do to take my self-interview in the Living with Leaders series? We made the process really simple. All you need to do is select some interview questions in the self-interview form! You can also write your own question(s) using the 'Other' option and then you answer the questions in the form itself! Easy, isn't it?😮

I see a 'Self-Care at 7cups' option in the form. What is it? Oh, glad you noticed that 😄 Yes, please give a self-care talk about finding balance at 7cups if you'd like!


Living with Leaders Self-Interview Form (clickable)

(You are free to self-interview as many times as you like!)


Let's be learning from the leader in oneself and from the leader in one another!


I also request all the interviewees and the visitors of the thread to take a moment to read through some of the interviews and support the initiative by replying with your supportive comments to the individual interviews!


If you want to interview someone else (you could interview anyone on 7cups really!), request here.


98QOkC7.jpg



242
September 23rd, 2022


Interviewee: @blissfultouch29


What message do you want to leave for the world through your life?

The message I want to leave for the world through my life is to drive safe, you are not untouchable, and to never take your siblings or family for granted.



What are your personal goals and what helps you progress towards achieving those goals?

One of my major personal goals is to get my driver's license soon.



What do you hope to achieve in the next one year?

I hope to achieve getting my driver's license.


1 reply
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 23rd, 2022

@Fristo @blissfultouch29 not taking someone for granted is something i believe too. Thank you for sharing that with us

load more
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 23rd, 2022


Interviewee-: @Fristo



What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?

I have learnt to go slow and take your time to understand yourself before you act in the direction appropriate for you!


What has been your learning at 7cups, from which the fellow 7cuppers could benefit?

My dear fellow 7Cuppers, what I've learnt in my 7 Cups Journey is that this is a place to give kindness and receive a lot of it back! When I come here, I look to offer what I can (it could be something as simple as a compassionate hello), and almost always I am treated with so much love, support, help, and kindness. We are an amazing community.


What have been your learnings as a listener? (If you are a listener.)

Be patient when listening to a member. Slowly understand their world and look to be there for them! If despite trying to be there, you are unable to support, that is okay, you can let the member politely know you aren't comfortable in the chat and refer them to another listener!


Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

I admire like so many :D Some of them are @StargirlTina @GoldenNest2727 @innateJoy9602 @kindSoul10 @WarmLightXO @dtanushree @AmazedAgaric @SirenOfSerenity @sunisshiningandsoareyou @Littlefairy28 @cristlecares @MistyMagic @gentleemperor @theboymoana @Myosotis17 @versatileLily7902 @noellelistens @An1mal @amiablePeace77 @HopefulBambi @Perplexed1


Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?

I love to see everyone sharing their learnings and learning from one another!


13 replies
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 23rd, 2022

Thankyou for posting, @yourbuddy30 ❤

Aww you know you're so much more admired, appreciated and loved by the entire community, @Fristo, thankyou for blessing us with your kind presence.❤

User Profile: StargirlTina
StargirlTina September 23rd, 2022

@yourbuddy30 @Fristo Thank you so much for tagging me in this beautiful interview fristo! You are awesomeee!🧡


It's always a pleasure to see you on 7cups, be it having a session on positivity in chatrooms or just being your warm and welcoming self. We all appreciate you a lot!😊🌻🦋 And I've always seemed to have taken inspiration from you and the myriad of roles you take on here and fulfill so effortlessly!🧡

I really love how you talk about taking time before deciding what's appropriate for us and this is something that we as humans, need to keep reminding ourselves. Acting on an impulse is something that even I had to stop and learn from in the recent past.

Members really appreciate you, your presence and listening style Fristo. Thank you for being you!🦋 We are indeed an amazing community! Woohoo💃 Thank you once again for this lovely interview!
User Profile: dtanushree
dtanushree September 23rd, 2022

@yourbuddy30

As usual the best replies I'd ever read ;)

Offering oneself and to offer something to the world are the rarest attributes in today's world. This is one reason I admire you a lot and also everyone in this community admires you for many more reasons! :) <3

2 replies
User Profile: StargirlTina
StargirlTina September 23rd, 2022

@dtanushree Tanuuu! Your replies and infact all the posts you make in the forums are so lovely like yourself!🧡 Woohoo🌻

1 reply
User Profile: dtanushree
dtanushree September 23rd, 2022

@StargirlTina

Kind words from one of the sweetest human I've come accross. Thank you dear and it's true that the work you and the team does is really commendable. Perfect example of team work makes the dream work.

PS- I love those cute little sunflowers :3 🌻🌸🌷

load more
load more
User Profile: Littlefairy28
Littlefairy28 September 23rd, 2022

@yourbuddy30

Thank you buddy for the admiration 😍❤

1 reply
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 23rd, 2022

@Littlefairy28 My pleasure!😊

load more
User Profile: cristlecares
cristlecares September 23rd, 2022

@yourbuddy30 @Fristo


Wow you're doing a great job with all these beautiful interviews Buddy😄🌻

Fristo, what else can I expect from you other than these beautiful answers🌻😄 and You've not just listened and understood the world of the members but also you've always understood us, your fellow listeners as well😄🌻
You're always admired and loved🌻🌸

Thank you so much for including me in this long list of people you admire🌻🌸
Really honoured 😄
Please continue your great work of always supporting 7 cups/listeners/members🌻😄

Take care of yourself😇🌸

Some cookies for you Buddy and Fristo🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪
1 reply
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 23rd, 2022

@cristlecares Thank you so much care!!

load more
User Profile: AmazedAgaric
AmazedAgaric September 23rd, 2022

@Fristo

Ohmygosh I can't believe you tagged me here o//o

That was a really nice interview- I love what you said about taking the time to understand yourself and do what's right for you; it is definitely so important. Sometimes it can take years to get to that level of understanding of yourself- not to mention allowing yourself to do things in the right way for you without giving in to pressure from family, peers, or other social structures, but it is so, so worth it.

Keep being your awesome self buddy- we appreciate you! ^^

User Profile: An1mal
An1mal September 23rd, 2022

@Fristo

I admire you too and the work you do for the community

User Profile: innateJoy9602
innateJoy9602 September 23rd, 2022

@yourbuddy30

**Many, many many claps**

Lovely and insightful interview.

I couldn’t have said it better: “This is a place to give kindness and receive a lot of it back.”💛💫

September 24th, 2022

@yourbuddy30

thank you posting @fristo interview.

@fristo wow, as previous people have already said I am honoured you see me as someone you admire and for actually including me in the tags, thank you.

positivity is contagious and beneficial to everyone, sacrificing your time to spread positivity whilst cultivating the same actions within the community is much appreciated and valued. Thank you for all you do with such professionalism, style and dedication.

@fristo a person who all and 7cups are lucky to have.

load more
September 23rd, 2022


Interviewee: @BenittaJ


What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?

Life is unfair. But you need not be unfair.


What has been your learning at 7cups, from which the fellow 7cuppers could benefit?

From what i learnt 7cups is a place of supporters, motivators, care givers, encouragers, smile spreaders.


What kind of connections and relationships are stable and meaningful?

Relationships which are supportive, understanding others' perspectives, caring, encouraging and motivating others are stable and meaningful.


Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

@recliningfate and @iampapaya



September 23rd, 2022


Interviewee: @cristlecares


1) What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?

So far I've gone through so many challenges and have overcome so many obstacles, and I've learnt that our life is not a race. There's no 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. We are on a solo trip called life and exploring the world itself is an achievement and happiness is our reward🌻 So I've learnt to forgive, forget, not care about others' judgements, make happy memories, and be kind without any hesitation 😄🌻


2) What have been your learnings as a listener?

After being a listener for 2 years, and after talking to more than 1000 members, I've learnt that everyone is facing difficulties in their lives. Everyone is going through something tough, something very challenging. So I've learnt not to judge anyone by the way they are, by the way they think, by the way they behave and also to be kind and compassionate towards others no matter who they are and how they are🌻


3) Which quality is the most important in a human being and why?

The most important quality in a human being according to me is Kindness🌻 This simple word can create wonders and do magic🌸 A simple act of kindness holds in it, a power we can not even imagine😄 So when you get a chance to be kind, never hesitate! As I always believe 1 act of kindness = 2 hearty smiles


Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

Ahh there are so many listener friends I admire alotttt🌻🌸 But mentioning the usernames I'm sure I know right😄 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @Fristo @dtanushree @Jenna @FighterArpi @CommunitymodChristine @kindSoul10 @Amymir6 @communityModEden @ASilentObserver @brilliantTurtle89 @amiablePeace77 @Amy @Hope @Goalsforlife


Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?

Thank you so much for this beautiful Interview form🌻🌻 You all are working hard! Keep it up💪🌻

10 replies
User Profile: dtanushree
dtanushree September 23rd, 2022

@Fristo @CristleCares

Yayy cris 💕 thank you for all the lovely, insightful answers. I love reading them. Especially when I know that this interviewee is someone I see everyday in the rooms spreading love and supports their fellow listeners. Even in member rooms you're always so supportive. No wonder this interview is one of the bestest interviews I've read. Keep doing what you do its purrfectly splendid ;)

cheer-chibird.gif

1 reply
User Profile: cristlecares
cristlecares September 23rd, 2022

@dtanushree

Hehe Thank you my supportive and Always amazing listener bestie😄🌻

I've learnt these things only by looking at wonderful and kind people like you🌻😄

So glad to have you here with me😇 Thank you once again😄🌻

load more
User Profile: AmyMir6
AmyMir6 September 23rd, 2022

@Fristo @CristleCares awww so cute, loved your interview, keep up with the good work

1 reply
User Profile: cristlecares
cristlecares September 23rd, 2022

@AmyMir6

Haha Thank you So much Amy🌻 So glad to have very supportive and compassionate people like you around me🌻🌸

load more
User Profile: kindSoul10
kindSoul10 September 23rd, 2022

@cristlecares *blows my nose* 🥺 thanks for tagging me.

Amazing interview! 1000 members is impressive. So much kindness!

1 reply
User Profile: cristlecares
cristlecares September 23rd, 2022

@kindSoul10

All learnt from supportive and encouraging people like you bunny😄🌻

Thank you so much for all your kindness😇

( Hope you dried your hair properly😄) 🌻😆

load more
User Profile: Shivarpi
Shivarpi September 24th, 2022

@cristlecares wow ! Lovely and awesome interview crisss ❤️ ! Won't flick water on you this time xD 🍪🍪🍪

1 reply
User Profile: cristlecares
cristlecares September 24th, 2022

@FighterArpi

Thank you so much Arpi🌻😄🌸

load more
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 24th, 2022
This interview was as beautiful as you, Crissss, thankyou for sharing your wonderful thoughts, it makes me happy to know I share the world with people like you who try their best to not judge anyone, be accepting, and kind to everyone always, and believe in spreading so much happiness around. Appreciate the tag and *you* so much. Sending love!❤🌻 @cristlecares
1 reply
User Profile: cristlecares
cristlecares September 24th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you Sun for your beautiful words🌸🌻 You're the best as always😄🌻

load more
load more
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 24th, 2022

Interviewee-: @Angela0712


What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?

Emotions are not negative things that need to be managed or regulated; one should always try to embrace our own emotions as that is one of the most precious gifts of life (imagine living in a world where no one experiences any emotion – we become more like robots than actual humans).


What have been your learnings as a listener? (if you are a listener.)

Active listening skills are really really really important as it is an integral part of being able to empathize with others' experiences. Providing unconditional positive regard to members can often help them feel a lot better


What message do you want to leave for the world through your life?

Life is challenging, but it's worth challenging yourself.


1 reply
September 24th, 2022

@yourbuddy30


Wow @Angela0712 "Life is challenging, but it's worth challenging yourself." -this is so important for one's growth, if we aren't challenged, how would our mental muscles build😀

Also, I liked what you said about emotions, having emotions make us beautiful. We aren't robots but humans!

load more
September 24th, 2022


Interviewee: @perplexed1


What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?

What i have learned is we are all equal in this world, status, amount of money, ability, achievements or basically anything makes no one human any less or more superior. We are all valid and as worthy as next human. The fact that nobody is perfect also ties into my point, if you ever find yourself looking at a person and feel flawed as a result, stop and think, they also have flaws and hang ups also you just don’t know them.




How does one make peace with the uncertainties of life?

Making peace with uncertainty is difficult but living in the what-ifs results in missing the now. Uncertainty comes with both positive and negative outcomes, strangely we are already at peace with the positive uncertainty e.g winning the lotto. Positive or negative uncertainty isn’t worth thinking about until it happens.



In what ways are you, or can be, a good presence in the world?

Being a good presence is in my opinion achieved by being compassionate and simply treating others how you would like to be treated.



Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

@fristo, @starlitsky4762, plus many more but I’m bad with names I hope you know who you are


Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?

Nice idea, valuable insight learned from the answers



4 replies
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 24th, 2022

@Fristo @perplexed1 what you said about life is sooo true and I guess I will apply that

User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 24th, 2022

@Fristo perplexed1 Thanks for doing this interview for us.

You did a really nice job on it.

I really enjoyed reading this.

Maybe, there will be more interviews, down the road from you, if you have the time of course.

I would love to see more interviews from you, if you have the time.

I really enjoyed reading this one.

It was really interesting.

2 replies
September 24th, 2022

@calmMango9611

thank you calmmango9611 for the kind words and acknowledgment in my effort.

Appreciation of what I only hope is the most universally helpful answers I could write that also help me a great deal is much appreciated, thank you.

encouragement to write me also, thank you, definitely will consider doing so.


1 reply
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 24th, 2022

@Perplexed1 Your very welcomed.

load more
load more
load more
September 24th, 2022


Interviewee: @bubblyPumpkin8003


What have been your learnings as a listener?

More professional behaviour. [A useful resource for listeners: What does it mean to be professional as a listener?]

How do you practise self-care at 7cups?

Have a cuppa/brew

In what ways are you, or can be, a good presence in the 7cups community?

I love helping newbies and the members


Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

Fristo for recommending this to me


Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?

Thank you fellow listeners for being so supportive

September 25th, 2022


Interviewee: @TheAlchemist1111


What helps you be a good listener in real life?


I think giving others warmth and a trustworthy space to share their heart without any fear of getting judged, privacy, and being unbiased towards their issue.
People often speak without completely understanding and listening the whole story, which i think is one of the main reasons we feel unheard or find others not understanding us. After coming to 7 cups, I learnt how important it is to provide space and have patience for listening. Here on 7 cups, listeners are accountable to the member as they trust us without knowing our real names, identity and share their deepest secrets, problems which they cannot share in real world. I feel the same accountability in real world when someone wants me to be their listener.



What has been your learning at 7cups, from which the fellow 7cuppers could benefit?


While talking to members sometimes I get solutions to my problems. I feel it is healing for both members and listeners.
I would like to share that taking chats made me confident to initiate conversation in real life. I used to be blank while initiating talks, now i am getting confidence and i think people around me are also getting more comfortable with me.



How do you practise self-care at 7cups?


I do ground after taking chats and being online for a long time
by meditation and writing gratitude journals. I go for evening walks. If the chats exceed my time I refer members to other listeners or schedule them for next day. Also if i am not comfortable with sharing something I clearly say no to that. I don't compromise my mental health and create healthy boundaries whether it is listener to member or listener to listener chats. If chats are overwhelming, I listen to music and dance sometimes 😁. Listening to music and dancing really helps me to reenergize. I experiment with different things daily like cooking something new, trying new things. I try to be happy as much as possible and also spread happiness around me



Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?

@Just4youthe1, @Memorablemoments12, Mentors: @MidnightRaven999, @Hope

1 reply
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 25th, 2022

@Fristo @TheAlchemist111 Thanks for doing this interview for us.

You did a great job.

Questions: Did you have fun? Would you like to do another interview, down the road (When you have time of course.)?

Thanks for your time.

I enjoyed reading this.

1 reply
User Profile: TheAlchemist1111
TheAlchemist1111 October 5th, 2022

@calmMango9611

Thankyou for the appreciation. It was interesting and fun to share my experience.

Sure, I would love to do.

load more
load more
September 25th, 2022

Interviewee: @Rose644


What has been your learning at 7cups, from which the fellow 7cuppers could benefit?


  • The most important thing that I have learnt is everyone is unique, you cannot and should not compare people.
  • Self care is important - you might think not taking a break for yourself is fine but it's not.
  • Boundaries - I cannot stress enough how important boundaries are, set limits for yourself and abide by it.
  • Mistakes - everyone makes them, don't feel bad or embarrassed about it learn from them.
  • Guidelines - familiarize yourself with the guidelines, they are what keep you safe and maintain appropriateness.
  • Patience - hasty actions can be harmful.
  • Never judge a book by its cover.
  • Respect - the person opposite you will react by how you interact. Sometimes they can be having a bad day and their response is not to be disrespectful but might come that way, just be yourself.



What's your understanding of self-care and how can one best practise it?


As the term suggests self care is taking care of oneself. It comprises of your emotional health, mental health and physical health.

It's vital to take care of not only physical body but mental health too.

Now the question of how to achieve this? Well it's different for every person but some tips that might help are-

For physical health- exercising, good nutrition, hygiene, maybe a bubble bath or cycling to relax yourself.

Emotional health- This is the most trickiest for me. Setting boundaries, pursuing hobbies, listening to favorite songs, being around friends and family (I believe we choose our family, the family you are born into isn't necessarily your family) may lead to positive emotions and a support system for when you have to deal with negativity of life or have emotional swings. If you feel like crying, cry - see a sad movie or read a sad boo- just let it flow to lessen the burden you sometimes feel.

Mental health- Set a timetable, don't procrastinate, prepare in advance, seek assistance when needed, follow your dreams don't let the passion die. Be free.

I read books whenever I feel too much or nothing at all, go cycling in mornings and listen to Taylor Swift on repeat.


What's something inspiring to you that always captures your interest?


Whenever I see someone following their dream, being passionate about their interests or having the courage to dream I'm captivated by it. When we are young we dream a lot, we have wild imaginations and a lot of passion and eagerness for everything. Then life happens and we change. Some of us dream, some of us stop believing in dreams and others are bitter about it. Some achieve what they want, some find happiness in what they achieve and others collect the broken shards of their dreams and aspirations.
But we all move on and that's what matters.
Whatever happened in past, now we are here still going on. And that's inspiring, to see you stand up against obstacles, talking about your interests with fiery passion, it motivates me to go on.
It's a silent message- You can do it too.
So, I'm thankful to everyone for trying. It matters a lot.



Any 7cups friends whom you admire a lot?


@LavenderHere, @Jessrabbit7, I have a lot but I dont remember their full username, only the nick name version of it 😭.




1 reply
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 25th, 2022

@Fristo @Rose644 Thanks for doing this interview for us.

I really enjoyed reading this.

I agree self-care is really important, and something we all should consider doing.

Questions: Did you have fun doing this interview? Also would you consider doing more down the road (When you have the time of course)?

I would love to read another interview from you.

I do understand if you cannot do another interview, so no worries, my friend.

load more
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 September 25th, 2022

Interviewee-: @amicableWater4529


How does one make peace with the uncertainties of life?

You make peace by having a foundation from which to work from (can be anything) and adapting to change - if not being on top of it to drive it (meaning don't let life rule you, be in control of your life).


Which area of 7cups (could be a chatroom, a forum, or any aspect of 7cups) do you want to especially see the growth of?

There can be better write ups in regard to the guidelines in the sharing circle, so people aren't confused by the unwritten rules.


In what ways are you, or can be, a good presence in the world?

My direction of optimistic altruism towards the future makes me a good presence to the world. I'm there for people in the end - helping the environment to create a better place for them.


Any 7cups friends you'd like to nominate for a self-interview?

mod's, @calmmango9611, @rhea3, @wooof, @kflev, the other one I didn't get the name of



Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?

Hey thanks for creating this - it's great and cool to participate where I have a voice to share with others to inspire and learn from


2 replies
User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 26th, 2022

@yourbuddy30 Correction I am not a mod. I am a room supporter, I support the rooms for which I am a signed to. I am also a Community Leader as well. A Community Leader is one who helps to lead a community, they support the community as a whole and help the main leaders/Managers/Admi out. We are like there eyes and ears so to speak, we report back to them, if we see there are issues in the community or problems and we try our best to answer peoples questions that come up or point them to the right person or resource here at 7cups. Are we perfect? No we are not, but we do the best we can to help.

As for the sharing circle rules, we do not give those out a head of time, it is not what we normally do.

Once you go to enough of the member sharing circles, you will get to know the rules.

I go to the sharing circle to support.

The rules are not that hard to follow.

I would suggest you attend more sessions so you know, how they work.

A room supporter, supports the members, we make sure the members feel supported during there time in the support rooms here at 7cups.

A Mod on the other hand is a Listener, who was a room supporter, but took additional training to become a Mod. A mod helps keep the room safe and makes sure everyone including listeners and members follow the chatroom rules and if they do not, they can take action on such matters.

@Fristo Please add to this if it would be helpful to do so. Please correct me if I am wrong in my info.

I hope this helps.


User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 September 26th, 2022

@yourbuddy30 @amicableWater4529

Thanks for doing this interview, for us.

I really enjoyed reading this.

Hopefully, when you have the time, I would love to see another interview done by you.

It will depend on my time, if I do another self-interview.


load more