Living with Leaders Self-Interviews!
[Update: All the new self-interviews will be posted here. Thank you!]
All the self-interviews of the Living with Leaders interview series will be posted in this thread.
Subscribe to the thread to keep yourself updated with the new self-interviews!
Okay, great. But what is self-interview? Self-interview is when you ask a few questions to yourself and answer them too!
What would I need to do to take my self-interview in the Living with Leaders series? We made the process really simple. All you need to do is select some interview questions in the self-interview form! You can also write your own question(s) using the 'Other' option and then you answer the questions in the form itself! Easy, isn't it?😮
I see a 'Self-Care at 7cups' option in the form. What is it? Oh, glad you noticed that 😄 Yes, please give a self-care talk about finding balance at 7cups if you'd like!
Living with Leaders Self-Interview Form (clickable)
(You are free to self-interview as many times as you like!)
Let's be learning from the leader in oneself and from the leader in one another!
I also request all the interviewees and the visitors of the thread to take a moment to read through some of the interviews and support the initiative by replying with your supportive comments to the individual interviews!
If you want to interview someone else (you could interview anyone on 7cups really!), request here.

Self-interview given by-: @CalmCoral
What is life for, according to you?
Coral-: Life is for exploring! Who are we, as humans – what are our beliefs and values? What change do we want to make to the world – how can we make it a better place, one step at a time. No, we cannot change the world on our own, but if everyone thought there was no point trying, where would we be? I like the quote ‘life isn’t a problem to be solved, but a mystery to live’, as I feel this allows us freedom. Each of us has a purpose. One of us might be the next prime minister, one of us might be the next astronaut to fly to the moon. These are just the vast possibilities, but it doesn’t matter if our purpose is simply to show love towards those close to us.
How does one make peace with the uncertainties of life?
Coral-: I feel that 7 cups has taught me what it means to be human, and that includes the uncertainties of life. No matter how much we worry, we cannot find the answers, predict the future. With anxiety and excitement being so closely linked – why not let ourselves be excited by the uncertainties, accepting that it’s daunting but being optimistic. Fearing the unknown is something so many of us struggle with, myself included. What can we do? Ask ourselves why we are worrying, ask ourselves if there is anything we can do, and find ways personal to us that help us to let go.
In what ways are you, or can you be, a good presence in the 7cups community?
Coral-: I want to be a positive role model. I don’t mean following all the guidelines, (although of course I try to!), being happy all the time. Unrealistic expectations aren’t going to help us. I want to show others at 7 cups that being human isn’t perfect. We all have some pretty awful days, and that barely touches the extent at which it hurts. But we can be realistically positive – see the good in the world, set realistic goals, and try our best, after all, that’s what matters, isn’t it? Of course, I will always try to support others too, and be a good presence showing empathy towards others, but I wanted to talk about how we can be a good presence in other ways, when some days we are too tired and in a bad place to help others.
Any 7cups friends you'd like to nominate for a self-interview? Any member or listener can give a self-interview here anytime if interested: https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders
My response to being asked whether I wanted to do an interview was, "I'd love to, but I'm not in a leadership role." I think the Living with Leaders interview series is such a great initiative, showing that everyone is a leader in their own way, and highlighting some of the things we all do, sometimes without thinking, daily, that have a positive impact on ourselves and the community.
Thank you @calmcoral for this interview!
Such nuggets of wisdom hehe, always so inspiring and articulate, thanks for sharing @calmcoral, loved reading your answers.❤
This interview was given by someone anonymous
What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?
I actually learned a lot from memes but okay, let’s put a short list here :D
Everything is subjective. Despite society’s norms and the overall societal construct, our own upbringing, experiences, and choices make us all different and entirely unique. I used to think life is unfair, but as I grew up and understand the world better (and its harsh lessons), I realized that while there are standards that we all try to live by, we must try our hardest to celebrate our differences as much as the things we all have in common. We should stop labelling people for being materialistic or money-driven, for being workaholics or overly sensitive and emotional. Beauty is not just about the latest trend in fashion and make-up or the one who looks best in a swimsuit. Intelligent people are cool. We should advocate for more understanding. The world is more than big enough to accommodate all 8 billion of us.
Everyone is entitled. If you’re a human being, you are entitled to everything everyone is entitled to. Food, clothing, shelter, healthcare, internet connection, communication devices, electricity, water, education, entertainment, employment, and freedom of speech are just among the many things we as humans are entitled to. Don’t believe otherwise. The concept of the minority is a marketing strategy from long ago; never forget that the basic necessities that are effortlessly enjoyed by people in urban cities are the same basic necessities that people in the most remote forests are also entitled to.
Capricorns are adorable <3 hahaha! Seriously, we are ;)
What has been your learning at 7cups, from which the fellow 7cuppers could benefit?
First, we’re all here for different reasons, but we are united not just by our goals to provide support and compassion to people who are in asking for help, but by our innate need to nurture our fellow human beings and help guide them to maneuver their difficult and trying days. We go back to humans being social creatures. At its core, being social is not just about merriment; being social means connecting with people and fostering healthy relationships that improve our collective purpose, therefore leading to a better society.
Next, and I am teary-eyed as I type this; our brokenness outside of this platform may be a source of heavy hearts and dampened souls, but within the confines of our online home, it is our greatest strength. Our brokenness connects us in such a powerful way that we don’t want others to experience what and where we’ve been through, so we make sure to be our best selves when we’re here, even amidst very difficult out-of-cups days.
Lastly, regardless of our levels and growth paths, cheers and upvotes, there will always be room for more improvement and growth. We never stop learning because we never stop growing. We started as a garden 9 years ago; let’s all work towards being the most amazing rainforest we can be <3
Oh, and Capricorns are your best friends :D
What have been your learnings as a listener?
There will never be enough kindness and compassion in this world, so don’t stop paying it forward.
Any 7cups friends you'd like to nominate for a self-interview? Any member or listener can give a self-interview here anytime if interested: https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders
@ASilentObserver @InternalAcceptance @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @yourbuddy30 @Hope @richuyulin @FrenchMarbles @GloriaD
Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?
How to be one of you? T_T
Thank you for giving this wonderful interview anonymous
@yourbuddy30
Aww this is such a lovely interview, loved loved reading the beautiful insights and learnings.❤
If you see this, know that I know who you are dear anonymous person, and I'm so grateful to have such a wise and thoughtful hooman here. Appreciate the tag and *you* so much. Keep being magnificently youuu!❤
Resisting the urge to tag you lol! ;)
Capricorns are the best foshoooo. 😛
Thanks for posting, buddy, you are doing amazing at it!❤
@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Thank you so much sun! I hope so too your reply reaches them!
This self-interview is given by someone Anonymous
What message do you want to leave for the world through your life?
My goals are simple, and it also somewhat serves as my mantra.
I want to be to someone what no one was for me <3
Never complain. Never compare. Never explain (although this last one depends on the situation haha!)
Talk with my heart, listen with my mind, make gestures with my soul.
What are your personal goals and what helps you progress towards achieving those goals?
Any job that requires me to churn out ideas, connect industries, marketing and communication strategies, and create content. And jobs that encourage me to express myself.
What work gives you a sense of purpose?
Finish graduate school, launch more projects in and off cups, and finally have the drive to continue writing my fantasy series. I keep getting stuck in world-building:’ (but at this point, it's mostly how to make the environment inside our platform available to the outside world. I feel strongly about mental health, and many places like my country don't have access to what we offer here. So, that also gives me a sense of purpose.
Any 7cups friends you'd like to nominate for a self-interview? Any member or listener can give a self-interview here anytime if interested: https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders
@Fristo because you should do all the interview questions, too, like I did! :)
Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?
Let me be one of you please! T_T
Thank you anonymous for doing this interview again with us. Hoping to see more of them!
Self-interview given by-: @SliverInUniverse
Universe is a verified listener who has been with us from 2020. Here is what she has to say
What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?
silver-: I lost my parents in a very early stage of life, I lived in many foster homes, but I never found the family I was looking for. So far, I learnt what you have doesn't matter but who you have a friend, a family, etc it all matters. A person who you can rely on or share stuff or enjoy spending time. Care for them, give them time and importance to them.
What message do you want to leave for the world through your life?
Silver-: Life is short and worrying too much about something neither gonna solve it nor make it go away. Take deep breaths and enjoy the moment, share it with your loved ones because life is also known for uncertainty. And if you have time, try to make someone smile too. Only a very small world population have food 2 times a day so be grateful and donate or volunteer or do community service.
What helps you be a good listener in your real life?
Silver-: I am into management work and listening is a very crucial part of my life. I always encourage my stuff to share, and they do share. Lots of my friends share their personal stuff. They know that I won't judge. Listening also made my personal relationship good. For instance, my neighbour has a lot of complaints against me regarding a lot of things and by just listening to him and asking a couple of open-ended questions he himself told me his desire/solution we reached an agreement then we had drinks and became good friends.
Thank you @SliverInUniverse for giving us this interview and sharing your personal experiences with us.
@yourbuddy30
Thank you for giving chance for an interview. It's an honour to share my thoughts in this open form. I am am really grateful.
@SliverInUniverse
Such beautiful thoughts, Silver, thanks for sharing. ❤
It's lovely how the world is packed with amazing people and we get to pick and choose and have them by our side, the "chosen family", I truly hope you're forever surrounded with those that love you for who you are and care for you, as you would for them also.
The neighbor incident has me smiling haha, it's so nice how active listening skills helped you handle that situation so well and also earned you a friend.
Really enjoyed reading it, thankyou, and thankyou for for the emphasis on being grateful and extending support to the needy, truly important~ "give what you can, whenever you can, for some that's luxurious enough." ❤
@yourbuddy30 @SliverinUniverse Thanks for doing this interview and for agreeing to to this.
I agree with you, on life is too short, and we should not worry so much.
It is a very valid point that you raise.
Thanks for sharing that with us.
I am sure some of our viewers, will enjoy reading your interview, and can relate some to what your saying.
I know I did.
@calmMango9611
Thanks you calm.
Self-interview given by -: ConfidentRabbit7311
Rabbit is a newbie listener with us at cups and hopes to help people here. Here is what rabbit has to say
What are your personal goals and what helps you progress towards achieving those goals?
Rabbit-: My personal goal is to help people around me feel their best selves. To create long lasting memories and friendships as well. The progress which helps me is just being who I am not trying to fit in knowing that I am enough.
What do you hope to achieve in the next one year?
Rabbit-: In the next year I hope to achieve to be a great listener, good grades and a happier lifestyle
What can one do to bring the best out of fellow human beings?
Rabbit-: The one thing people can do to bring the best out of others is to believe in one another!
Thank you @confidentRabbit7311 for giving an interview with us
@confidentRabbit7311,
Such wholesome responses, Rabbit. It is nice how you believe in believing in one another, and try your best to help other people bring out the best in themselves, while aiming for a happier life for yourself. So glad to have you with us. I hope you're able to achieve your on and off 7 cups goals. Good wishes. ❤
@yourbuddy30 @ConfidentRabbit7311 Thanks for agreeing to do this interview for us.
I am so glad you enjoy helping others.
I am sure our viewers, will enjoy reading this interview.
Thanks again for the interview.
Awee thank you means alot
Self-interview given by-: @Tung134
Tung has been a member with us from 2021. They are an adult and here is what Tung has to say
What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?
Tung-: I have learned that the world where I am living is full of chaos. We only follow the fast rhythm that everyone believes that they should chase. I learned to look inside to find what I had forgotten. It didn't come to me easily at first but after some years, I have known the true self and the life - the rhythm that only I enjoy no matter what the others' thoughts.
What message do you want to leave for the world through your life?
Tung-: Why do we always have to rush through everything in life when we can slow down and not give the puppy to the world. Enjoy the unique beat of your heart.
What are your personal goals and what helps you progress towards achieving those goals?
Tung-: My personal goal at the moment is to graduate with my university degree to have a job in the future. But to be able to achieve that I must gain more emotional control and practice gratitude every day to maintain a balanced state for studying for university.
Thank you @Tung134 for giving us this interview!
@yourbuddy30 @Tung134 Good luck with school.
I hope you reach your life goals as well.
Thanks for agreeing to do this interview with us.
I loved reading this.
I hope our viewers will as well.
Thanks for your time.
Self-Interview given by -: @Luc1fer666
Lucifer is a teen member with us from the month of august who is also very active in group support rooms. Let us here what they have to say
What work gives you a sense of purpose?
Lucifer-: Working on something that I type gives me a sense of purpose. Being able to listen to the keyboard clicking gives me a sense of comfort. And for some odd reason it makes me feel safe.
What kind of connections and relationships are stable and meaningful?
Lucifer-: Connections and relationships that are stable and meaningful for me are my romantic relationships with my girlfriends and my queer platonic partners.
In what ways are you, or can be, a good presence in the 7cups community?
Lucifer-: The Way that I have been a good presence in the 7cups community is by acting like a listener when I'm on my member account, no matter what I'm struggling with, because I want others to feel safe.
Thank you @Luc1fer666 for this interview and also being there for other members in support rooms!
Self-interview given by -: @EchoEce17
Echo has been a listener with us since 2015. She is also a listener room supporter and has helped quite a lot of people. Here is what she has to say
Which quality is the most important in a human being and why?
Echo-: Courage is one of the most vital things that comes to my mind. Throughout my living years, what I deciphered is that humans are capable of things beyond imagination. If you have the strength to deal with things and muster up our courage, nothing can stop us.
Going with the world goes very easy. But while going against it, if you have the fearlessness, you can stand against it, fight it, endure it, and finally win it.
So, yes, courage it is!
What is life for, according to you?
Echo-: Life is a chance to help ourselves and others get out of their circle of credit and debit.
I believe all of us meet for certain reasons and play our little parts in freeing each other. Some come to teach us while others come to take lessons from us. It helps us all get better and cut the credit and debt scores to zero.
It is that particular experience that no one can experience but you. It is one of the only things that one cannot share but enjoy to the fullest.
How does one manage expectations in relationships?
Echo-: I believe there is no relationship without an expectation in head. You come into the world, for your parents expected you to be a joy, you share toys with siblings to get the same in return, a friendship at some point comes with the need of helping and caring for each other, a spouse expects togetherness and honesty, and when you welcome a child, they expect you to nourish and cherish them unless they are independent.
So, a few expectations count to null and are obvious in nature, but others can get toxic for the bearer and you. The best is to understand that every person is a set value in your life, but they are not your entire life. You yourself are an individual. Just as you, you have a set value in their life. It grows and shrinks as per your deeds and doings to them.
So, before entering any relationship, ensure to talk about what you need from a partner. Let them be open about it too. It is natural. Set goals and needs from each other and not wants. Make your and their demand realistic.
Take some "me" time for yourself and let them enjoy the same space for themselves. Just like clenching a ball tight will hurt you and ruin its true nature, it will sour your relationship too. Rather let a person, like the ball bounce on the floors and walls, and watch it come back to you and offer delight.
Any 7cups friends you'd like to nominate for a self-interview? Any member or listener can give a self-interview here anytime if interested: https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders
Echo-: I would love to nominate @ASilentObserver and @Fristo for the same.
Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?
I think they are doing a great job. Words can be the greatest source of encouragement and happiness to someone who needs it.
Thank you @EchoEce17 for giving us this self-interview!
@yourbuddy30
Thank you so much. I am glad I could make a difference.
@yourbuddy30 @EchoEce17 Thank you for being a listener here at 7cups.
Thank you for your many years of service to our community.
Thank you for your time and for doing this interview for us.
I really enjoyed reading this interview.
I hope our viewers will enjoy reading this, and who knows you might inspire some, to become listeners here at 7cups.
@calmMango9611
I am glad <3
Self-interview given by -: @tealChestnut6477
Chestnut has been an adult member with us since April. We are glad to have you with us, Nut!
What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?
Nut-: I've learned throughout life that we all need help sometimes and that can make it easier to deal with things and get other perspectives.
What message do you want to leave for the world through your life?
Nut-: A message I'd like to leave for the world is to believe in yourself, ask for help when needed, and never give up.
What work gives you a sense of purpose?
Nut-: Work that gives me a sense of purpose is being able to help others.
Thank you @tealChestnut6477 for giving us this interview
@yourbuddy30 @tealChestnut6477
Thank you for doing this interview.
Welcome to 7cups.
Welcome to the family.
How do you like 7cups so fair?
Do you enjoy being at 7cups?
What is your favorite thing, you enjoy at 7cups?
I want to thank you for your time.
Thank you for agreeing to do this interview, with us.
I hope to see you around 7cups sometime.
@calmMango9611
Thank you I've enjoyed it so far and appreciate the support and like that there's people willing to help