Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help Wanted: March 21st - 27th Week of Solidarity with the Peoples Struggling against Racism and Racial Discrimination

User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz March 19th, 2016

It is the Week of Solidarity with the Peoples Struggling against Racism and Racial Discrimination between 21 - 27th of March.

The aim is to show solidarity for combating racism in all of its manifestations, and to emphasise the human rights of all groups suffering from racial discrimination (their right to participate freely and equally in political, social, economic and cultural life).

So! We are looking for discussion leaders to lead on the following topics for this week:

(Questions pre-written and will be provided, looking for leaders comfortable with topics on race and/or racism).

● Racial Discrimination (still need leader for adult and teen member side)

● What Does Race Mean to You? (adult member side)

● Talking to Kids about Racism (adult member side - teens welcome, discussion is parent-focused!)

● Healthy Dialogues on Race Issues (teen listener side)

● People of Colour in the LGBTQ+ Community (teen member side)

● People of Colour in the Disabled Community (teen member side)

Note: If you have not led a discussion before or are a member, then we will do our best to try and pair you with an experienced discussion leader (listener) in order to go forward with the discussion! So feel free to step forward and let us know if you're interested.

[This post will be edited to remove discussions that have leaders].

Discussions leaders wanted tag list: @221Skye @2genpoet @Ace13 @AkankshaP @Always25 @Alwaysbelieve8 @Amalovespurple @AmyBear @Annie @AshlynHeart27 @Beamofhope @Beatifulwisper40 @BharadwajS @CalmingStar @Charli @Comfortingbubbles @DancingAlong @Disneykstew @Em @EthanisBae @Eunoia @EverGreenLives @FruityloveBubbles11 @GracefulLove @Harquinn909 @HelpfulPanda8034 @JaceofSpades @JohnnyM @juliebeth47 @JustMe11 @Justhere2listn @Kayrosesnowflake @KRNGRFL @Kallie112358 @Kaylee @Kindhope67 @LonelyAngels @MaddyIsHere @MayaRainbow2 @Moji @NadineH @NewRomantic677 @OneLove87 @Param @Pboob @PerfectlyImperfectListener @Raylen @RebeccaEmily @Renaenae @ResilientLucky @RonaldMunodawafa1993 @Savana13 @ShadowFaerie @Simie @SingingForAbsolution @Stormwatcher @TheBlueWind @TheHummingbirdListener @TheLoreWriter @Titi1985 @TruthPrevails @UnicornMan @UrielAngel2015 @Vigneshwaitingtohelpyou @YayyySphere @ZarasSmiles @ZizyTheTurtle @akaAlex @akademia @allTheLove @amazingrea @asktheadolescent @beccaboo98 @blissfulWaterfall17 @brilliantshoe @casscass @cyci @espi97 @fruityVision52 @glowingpeace18339 @ih0pe @imwithhealthtoo @juliebeth47 @kikapika @lauradxox @lovelyOcean54 @me @mikaelaap @milalove111 @mscoxie @obscureSam @orangiejuiceart @politeParadise57 @politeocean @pray4theheartless @sanchitkhera7 @sassypanda @starryKoala69 @vivelespatates @wonderfulolive @wowbillk @usefulsong23 @guidingMusic @calmRose33 @Tiffany43 + @vnb80 [add/remove yourself here]

Also reaching out to... PoC Support Team: @amazingrea @Charli @Dillion @mscoxie @NewRomantic677 @obscureSam @peacefulSoul8 @PoliteOcean @wonderfulPumpkin71 @YayyySphere Student Support Team: @CalmingStar @skyisblue @amazingrea @pray4theheartless @YayyySphere @Emily619 @positiveWhisper24 @AdVictoriam @akaAlex @cristiana33 @Eunoia @kikapika @wonderfulPumpkin71 Parenting Support Team: @PoliteOcean @RideaRainbow @Alwaysdreamin @Belle_ @Flair30 @kindheartedPoetry66 @mscoxie LGBTQ+ Support Team: @CaringBrit @pray4theheartless @amazingrea @JaceofSpades @glowingpeace18339 @221Skye @Charli @charmingUnicorn97 @conbon @Em @Emanuel @Mark5 @sailorelliex @SoaringSKY @Timm Relationship Support Team: @CalmingStar @MelAllyouneedislove @pray4theheartless @RideaRainbow @kdog334 @Philbear @AdVictoriam @AkankshaP @Anggi @Em @Letmehelpyou210 @obscureSam Disability Support Team: @AutumnLeigh @Emily619 @Jaelin @Katheryn [Join a Support Team here (listeners-only)]

38
User Profile: KRN
KRN March 19th, 2016

I would love to do about talking to the kids from Teacher point of view, but yeah I think I will just have the people of colour disabled community. I am open for co-host :D

3 replies
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP March 19th, 2016

Thank you very much @KRNGRFL ! I will note that down.

1 reply
User Profile: KRN
KRN March 19th, 2016

@QuickJazz thank you too <3

load more
User Profile: LonelyAngels
LonelyAngels March 19th, 2016

@KRNGRFL I want to co-host with you but i cant bec of disability topic ?I dont have enough knowledge regarding this... hehehe GUDLUCK for it :)

load more
User Profile: BeccaBoo98
BeccaBoo98 March 19th, 2016

Does this include AntiSemitisum

1 reply
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP March 19th, 2016

It does, yes! @BeccaBoo98

load more
User Profile: Jenna
Jenna March 19th, 2016

@QuickJazz

I'd like to do

Healthy Dialogues on Race Issues (adult L) Mon 4pm EDT if that is okay!

6 replies
User Profile: KRN
KRN March 19th, 2016

@JaceofSpades geez! I want to attend your discussion I wanna learn :( but the time doesn't permit me :( break a leg, Jace! :D

4 replies
User Profile: Jenna
Jenna March 19th, 2016

@KRNGRFL

What time in EDT is good for you?

3 replies
User Profile: KRN
KRN March 19th, 2016

@JaceofSpades 8AM onwards <3 :D

2 replies
User Profile: Jenna
Jenna March 19th, 2016

@KRNGRFL

Ew, sorry! I am not functioning at 8am lol

1 reply
User Profile: KRN
KRN March 19th, 2016

@JaceofSpades yay! I understand, Jacey :D will try to wake up early (that's 4am in my place) but since that's weekday I wouldn't mind waking up 1hr before my usual time of waking up for work :D haha!

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP March 19th, 2016

Perfect @JaceofSpades ! Added into the calendar, x.

load more
User Profile: calmRose33
calmRose33 March 19th, 2016

@QuickJazz i wouldnt mind doing the discrimination in a relationship discussion but i have never done a discussion before and would need some help i think with it

6 replies
User Profile: KRN
KRN March 19th, 2016

@calmRose33 I think I can help you if no one is available :)

3 replies
User Profile: calmRose33
calmRose33 March 19th, 2016

@KRNGRFL aw thank you krngrfl <3 that would be a great help <3

2 replies
User Profile: KRN
KRN March 19th, 2016

@calmRose33 no problem <3 just let me know on which part I can help you with :') <3

1 reply
User Profile: calmRose33
calmRose33 March 19th, 2016

@KRNGRFL will pm you soon so we can discuss it in more detail :) <3

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP March 19th, 2016

Lovely! Put yourself and @KRNGRFL down for that discussion @calmRose33 - please send a message to each other to find a time you are both available to lead together. After that, please let me know when via PMs too!

1 reply
User Profile: calmRose33
calmRose33 March 19th, 2016

@QuickJazz thank you thats great jazz! <3

load more
load more
User Profile: calmRose33
calmRose33 March 19th, 2016

<3 will do, Have you ever done one of these discussions before

2 replies
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP March 19th, 2016

Yes @calmRose33 ! Your one has been done before this month, in fact, and it went very well. I am going to bed, but I will send more details via PM soon.

1 reply
User Profile: calmRose33
calmRose33 March 19th, 2016

@QuickJazz okay thankyou jazz goodnight <3

load more
load more
User Profile: cyci
cyci March 19th, 2016

I would like to help on 'what does race mean to you?' Discussion

1 reply
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP March 19th, 2016

That'd be great @cyci ! I'll send you a message about it

load more
User Profile: Disneykstew
Disneykstew March 19th, 2016

I would like to do "effects of discrimination in relationships"

1 reply
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP March 19th, 2016

That would be great, @Disneykstew ! Putting you down for it now.

load more
User Profile: vivelespatates
vivelespatates March 19th, 2016

very interested by people of colour in the disabled community !!! (adult members)

1 reply
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP March 19th, 2016

Wonderful! Please contact @KRNGRFL as they were looking for a co-host for this discussion @vivelespatates

Hopefully there is a time you can both do. Let me know a time (or time frame) you arrange together when you can!

load more
User Profile: LonelyAngels
LonelyAngels March 19th, 2016

@QuickJazz I Would kindly to ask if i can have a LGBTQ+ and open-mindedness discussion.. :) But still wanting to be a co-host :) Can you pm me the sched ? :D THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN for the opportunity! :)

2 replies
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP March 19th, 2016

Of course @LonelyAngels ! That would be great. I will be sending you a message momentarily.

1 reply
User Profile: LonelyAngels
LonelyAngels March 19th, 2016

@QuickJazz THANK YOU <3 I'll wait for it :D

load more
load more
User Profile: CaringBrit
CaringBrit March 19th, 2016

im interested in the people of colour in LGBTQ community one it is my support team after all

1 reply
User Profile: CaringBrit
CaringBrit March 19th, 2016

and this one Open-mindedness (adult listener side)

load more