What do you wish there was more awareness for?
There are so many things we go through in life, yet sometimes it can feel like we don't have much of a space for speaking about it or for it being acknowledged. However, we have special events on 7 Cups which encourages more awareness and discussion on various topics!
So what would you like more awareness for?
suicidal ideation
LGBTQ abuse
@StrawberryPandaRainbow hey there
I was wondering what you meant by LGBTQ abuse? im on the LGBTQ+ support team and I write and run discussions for them - if you could give me a bit more info as to what you were thinking about im sure the support team can get something done up!
Rare disorders. If more people knew about hereditary angioedema I doubt my diagnosis would have come so late and ER treatment would be better.
Self IV treatment. There's little information, most IV drug use info revolves around illicit drug use.
Awareness on how we slowly are destroying the earth :(
We can live with much less, and keep the world a beautiful place
Often some mental illness destroy the relationship with oneself and with the others, so could be useful talk about how to fight against the tendency to isolate ourselves and how to recover love for ourselves
Periods. Period.
Why the heck is something that's a part of Nature widely frowned upon?!
Personality disorders.
There's recently been a lot of awareness for Borderline Personality Disorder but there are other personality disorders too, I have 'mixed personality disorder' (which basically means they couldn't decide which category to put me in) and a friend has just been diagnosed with emotionally unstable personality disorder.
@LittleLotte Agreed that personality disorders need awareness -- and even though there's been a lot for BPD recently, it still needs more, because there's still massive amounts of stigma (especially within the healing professions!)
Side note, EUPD is just another name for BPD. :)
The Foster care system, wish it was talked about more and the children in the foster system felt society cared about them, instead of just forgotten about and seen as problems.
sexual health and safety, definitely.
awareness for assault victims (both male and females), and abuse victims too!
@buttonedprincess I been through that abuse is scary I received some from my dad and of course It hurts I hope we talk soon
Seasonal Affective disorder https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_155958.html What some of our members could be experiencing is something I've experienced for a while now. Living in "snow country" its difficult to get enough sunlight. Maybe a word about depression caused by the change in seasons would be helpful for our listeners.
Manipulation and abuse