Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone can be a Social Soldier! Find out more here!~ (OLD THREAD)

User Profile: Cadence
Cadence March 21st, 2015

Welcome to the official forum thread for the Social Soldiers! Im glad youre here; youre amazing, and Im glad youre part of the community.

Introduction

The Social Soldiers project was created with the intent on eliminating the stigma that comes along with mental illness on social media, guiding those who are depressed/having a hard time/need someone to talk to right here to 7CupsOfTea. As Laura explained in her lovely thread right here, we need to be here for people who may feel as though they have no other place to turn.

What are Social Soldiers?

Social Soldiers are people that use 7Cups-designated social media to guide people in the right direction, hopefully leading them to the site where they can talk to someone who truly cares. They use the handles Twitter, Reddit and/or Tumblr, and check the tags for depression, or self harm, or anything along those lines.

Who can be a Social Soldier?

Anyone! Thats the beauty of this project; literally anyone can get involved with it.

What isnt a Social Soldier?

Sharing your own personal social media with other members/listeners.
Someone that shares their personal social media in this thread.

Just to debunk a question that may be asked, you can totally share your referral link on your personal social media handles, however we do ask that you dont share your personal social media handle here. If you have a big following on Twitter, and youd rather use your personal account to spread the word, thats totally okay, just do not share with other members/listeners your personal account. If you have any questions on this, feel free to PM me.

How to get involved?
Read through our post on the new team, to understand the changes a little more as well as to find the links to apply.

Project Leadership
@ArwaS - Project Leader
@Erato - Twitter Team Leader

@Yendi - Tumblr Team Leader

Find 7 Cups on social media here - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest

(Edit 1 - to add updated project information)
(Edit 2 - adding 7 Cups social media accounts)
(Edit 3 - Edited Manual link and removed Dashboard link)
(Edit 4 - By @Dillion - Added Leadership Model to Main Post)
(Edit 5 - By @Rebecca to reflect changes in leadership and to update project links)
(Edit 6 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 7 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership, and project changes)
(Edit 8 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 9 - By @Erato to update 7cups' social media links)
(Edit 10 - By @Arws to update changes in leadership and process)

5554
User Profile: Dillion
Dillion October 29th, 2015

Social Soldiers rock!

User Profile: kryds12
kryds12 October 29th, 2015

Hi All,

I would just like to share my experience with you all on my first week as a listener here at 7cups. At first, it was very daunting to see the amount of people that are trying to connect with a listener. I really feel as though i am making a difference in peoples lives and making a positive impact. I have received some very touching feedback comments and that gives me a little push to keep doing what i am doing.

Thank you to all at 7 cups who have mentored and helped me along with some difficult conversations, i look forward to connecting with more people in the future.

Thanks
//Kryds12//

User Profile: Shiva2help
Shiva2help October 29th, 2015

hi, is there any future for share any documents or image?

1 reply
User Profile: OpsTops
OpsTops October 29th, 2015

@Shiva2help You can share these on your feed here.

load more
User Profile: SilentSerenityy
SilentSerenityy October 29th, 2015

I would like to be one but I wouldn't be able to keep up with what's required and I don't think I could find you a reference. So I'm just going to continue referring people without the social soldier title. cheeky

1 reply
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia October 30th, 2015

@SilentSerenityy

It's not as hard as you may think to keep up with the requirements :). I sent you a PM so we can go over them in more detail in case you'd like to apply.

load more
User Profile: EnchantingNess74
EnchantingNess74 October 30th, 2015

Here is my Twitter link

https://twitter.com/EnchantNess7Cup

User Profile: sweetlittlesmile
sweetlittlesmile October 30th, 2015

great idea! i will do my best for helping people and tell them about 7 cups

1 reply
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia October 30th, 2015

@sweetlittlesmile

Are you interested in signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more
User Profile: SilentSerenityy
SilentSerenityy October 31st, 2015

My twitter handle as a social soldier is @Serenityy7Cups :D

I've filled the form in and spoken with Rocketsmom but don't know if it's confirmed and I don't know where the form is to fill in the number of tweets I've sent out with my referral link.

User Profile: peacefulSoul8
peacefulSoul8 November 2nd, 2015

I joined the twitter team and posted on facebook too:)

User Profile: optimisticDreamer97
optimisticDreamer97 November 2nd, 2015

I absolutley love this site, My husband says he sees a night and day difference in me since I started here on 7 cups. I deffinitaly plan to stay :)

2 replies
User Profile: OpsTops
OpsTops November 3rd, 2015

@optimisticDreamer97 That's great! We are happy to have you here with us smiley

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 3rd, 2015

@optimisticDreamer97

That's great to hear!! Are you interested in signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more
User Profile: MrAleczander
MrAleczander November 3rd, 2015

I shared my efforts by describing and linking 7 Cups in my signature on Crazymeds.com. I contributed too, asking advice. I think I irritated some people. Don't see why. So that was a touch upsetting...

1 reply
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 3rd, 2015

@MrAleczander

Sorry you had that experience!! You can help promote 7 Cups through one of the Social Soldiers teams if you're interested. If you're interested, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more