Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It hurts my feelings when you.... [finish this sentence]

User Profile: Laura
Laura June 29th, 2016

Please get it off your chest!

1598
February 20th, 2017

It hurts my feelings when you...are not honest with me. Honesty can hurt, but silence is worse.

A went to the surgeon for a mass that was causing stabbing pains and admitted to hospital. It would turn out to be a once rare muscular mass that is benign, but has to be treated like it is malignant. I could easily feel the mass in my side and knew it was a was either a tumor or cancer. Living overseas I knew the culture of "protect the woman" so my husband told them I was to be told in advance if they knew anything. They had done a CT before and we're sending me down for another test. When I got to the room for the test it confirmed my theory & I lost it.

I could handle someone saying to my face "it's a tumor, maybe cancerous and we want to see how big it is." What I couldn't handle was the silence by the doctor. Maybe it's odd, but his actions made me so angry. My husband arrived angry and told the surgeon he had been told to be totally honest with me. The surgeon's excuse: he wanted to protect me from the bad news.

The surgeon wanted to protect me and it caused more pain than he intended. My husband wanted to protect me from knowing he was no longer attracted to me...and finding out like I did caused more pain than he intended. I don't believe in astrological things, but I'm strong and fight like Taurus.

Not being honest, even if you think it will hurt me, is the worse thing to do to me.

User Profile: diplomaticFig896
diplomaticFig896 February 20th, 2017

say that i shouldnt speak my mind

User Profile: Youarelovley03
Youarelovley03 February 20th, 2017

Yell at me for things I can't control

User Profile: InfinateHope
InfinateHope February 20th, 2017

Belittle me. Tell me I can't do something, make me feel like I'm stupid

User Profile: tej2987
tej2987 February 20th, 2017

When people judge everynow and then and voice their opinions even not required, rather than understanding and giving affection.

User Profile: easyCar6182
easyCar6182 February 20th, 2017

When u neglect me so much u blocked me uses me whenever u wanted 2

User Profile: AutumnEagle
AutumnEagle February 20th, 2017

you say and do things that make the other people you may hate, but I love, into monsters that they are not.

when you make me have to prove myself even more because I'm "their kid"

when you doubt my abilities

when you expect more than I can do

when you depend on me, but I cannot depend on you

when you continually prove that I cannot trust you

when you invade after I open up to you about things

when you disrespect my wishes and force what you think is "best" upon me

when you put me in a corner and force me to fight back (cause I won't submit)

when you worry when I'm too quiet when in all reality I just want to be calm for once

when you constantly do the things I have to hit you for to stop doing because you do not listen to words

when I find out you lied

when you put me on a pedestal so high that I could die from falling, but when I fall, I have to catch myself since I'm not allowed to fall

...

I think this is enough for the moment.

2 replies
User Profile: reservedexcitment
reservedexcitment February 20th, 2017

@AutumnEagle I'm sorry to hear that.

1 reply
User Profile: AutumnEagle
AutumnEagle February 20th, 2017

@reservedexcitment

It's okay. It was nice just to write it down.

load more
load more
February 20th, 2017

When you take me and what I do for you for granted.

February 20th, 2017

Disregard my feelings, efforts, and thoughts when I clearly state them to you.

User Profile: marley227
marley227 February 20th, 2017

ignore my pain or belittle its importance. and when you say that you love me and you're there for me but then you aren't really willing to listen and understand when i finally decide to reach out.