Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Gf and I broke up after year and a half.

User Profile: Borc7434
Borc7434 June 6th, 2016

She was the first person I can honestly say I loved. She left and is with someone else 3 days later. I feel like I'll never love or even be happy again.

4
User Profile: PositiveDreamer2016
PositiveDreamer2016 June 6th, 2016

@Borc7434 I am saddened to hear about the end of your relationship. Breakups can be very difficult to cope with. You are not alone.

User Profile: honestComputer7079
honestComputer7079 June 6th, 2016

@Borc7434 I'm in a similar boat. It's going to take a lot of time to get over. I think an important thing to remember is that everything you're feeling is normal and everyone has been there.

June 6th, 2016

@Borc7434

I know right now your heart is breaking. It's terrible to go through a breakup with someone you love, let alone seeing your ex move on so quickly. I don't know how long it's been since the breakup (it sounds like it is quite fresh) but with every ending, a new beginning arrives. It's okay to feel sad, it's okay to cry. The golden rule I always tell everyone is, please don't be afraid to mourn your relationship for however long it takes. You're going to go through a lot of emotions and sometimes, it can feel like a death. It's okay to mourn it like one too.

I would highly encourage you to look at our self-help guide on breakups. I can't say it'll take the pain away but I can assure you that it has some amazing tips and suggestions on how to deal with all these emotions.

I really wish you the best, I've been there once and I know from experience, it sucks. I hope you will find comfort and support here and if you ever need to talk, please don't hesitate to reach out to a listener to vent your feelings to.

Good luck and take care! heart

User Profile: gloriousJoy07
gloriousJoy07 June 19th, 2016

@Borc7434

I am sorry to hear that. breakups are hard , it takes its time. If you ever feel like talking you can PM me , we are here for you.