Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Ice Breaker: If you could relive one moment of your life up till now, what would it be and why?

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 2nd, 2014

Please share

144
User Profile: thoughtfulPineapple1221
thoughtfulPineapple1221 October 1st, 2017

I would go back to my childhood when my mom was alive.

User Profile: Zeraphim
Zeraphim October 1st, 2017

Really, any point in my life early enough where asking or buying a quality portage video camera would be an option for me.
I want documented video evidence of the abuse my mother put me through behind closed doors, then denied ever happened later. That kind of invalidation has left me questioning myself. It's been deeply painful and psychologically damaging. I wish I had been able, at any point, to know that secretly documenting my life behind closed doors with my narcissitic mother would have saved me much pain and suffering later, trying to convince myself and mental health professionals I've sought help from that my mom really was a narcissist, that my trauma was well-evidenced by the footage, and that people wouldn't doubt me.

Gathering evidence is everything. It's just a shame my mother was so controlling about everything I did, felt, and even thought. I might have been able to wake up to her abuse and saved myself years of pain if I had simply gotten a hobby in filming my life, particularly if I had had hidden cameras and audio devices. There's no denying later what your actions were when they're on unaltered audio and video recordings.

1 reply
User Profile: Zeraphim
Zeraphim October 1st, 2017

*a quality portable video recorder

load more
User Profile: Packita
Packita October 1st, 2017

Anytime I spent being happy with my family.

User Profile: SpecialBlanket3286
SpecialBlanket3286 October 1st, 2017

My real dad carrying me through a bad storm and rain/thunder/lightning ....(I was 3.5 years old) to the car and telling me it would all be ok. That was the very last time I felt save and completely loved in my life and the last time anything felt ok. He was murdered shortly thereafter and my life has never been the same.

User Profile: Bluesetsky
Bluesetsky October 1st, 2017

Not sending the text i just sent with my now ex.

User Profile: powerfulMaple1852
powerfulMaple1852 October 1st, 2017

i would love to relive many days, but the one most closest to my heart would be the day my mom chose to end her life.I would start snd end that day vy telling her hoe much i loved her and needed her,not only that day but in the future. I would tell her no matter how or what or why, i would do anything and everything to stop her from leaving me. i know its selfishness, but i needed her then and much more so today.

User Profile: cuddlyWaterfall92
cuddlyWaterfall92 October 1st, 2017

Hiiiuu

User Profile: Tiredandalone88
Tiredandalone88 October 1st, 2017

Sophomore year before we moved I'd tell my mom I didn't want to go that I wanted to finish high school first I didn't do that and everything started to really go down hill after we moved

User Profile: Pugmamma
Pugmamma October 1st, 2017

My most treasured moment is being Sat in the room with my son who was premature and being able to feed him myself for the first time. It was snowing heavy and I had the radio on and U2 stuck in a moment came on, I heard a little knock at the door it was my my other son who was 3 my dad had brought him down it was the most magical perfect moment in my whole life 😊

1 reply
User Profile: SpecialBlanket3286
SpecialBlanket3286 October 2nd, 2017

@Pugmamma

This sounds pretty special. Thanks for sharing

User Profile: SarahSG88
SarahSG88 January 19th, 2018

@Pugmamma Aww...wonderful. Thanks for sharing

load more
User Profile: Aaliyah244
Aaliyah244 October 1st, 2017

It would be when there was nothing to worry about. Like a day in primary school when the only thing I would worry about was what show was coming up next in the tv. Those memories when everything was easy and nobody cared about what you look like or anything they would just be your friend and now people will call anybody a hoe or something. I just want it to be like the simple times again. The most memorable memory I have is when I was going to a city I foto on weekends to go eat and shop you know. Me and my cousins went to chuckee cheeses and had a lot of fun with my family. We played in our Nintendo ds and didn't worry about stupid things like how many views your Snapchat got. I miss those days