Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One biggest struggle you face with your mental health

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver May 4th, 2019

We are in the month of Mental Health Awareness.

What is the one biggest struggle you face with your mental health?

Share in the comments!

❑ Join us and take a minute to introduce and tell about your relationships experiences here

❑ If you like to get update and alert for what's happening in the community, add your name here

❑ Also, if you have a passion for supporting people with relationship concerns, see if this is your opportunity, click here

195
User Profile: PeacefulPopcorn
PeacefulPopcorn May 4th, 2019

Sorting out the difference between what's in my head, and what's actually happening. The controling of my emotions, how I deal with them, and sorting out all the confusion, when sometimes I truly believe I've lost my sanity...

User Profile: Nhisgrace
Nhisgrace May 4th, 2019

I struggle with the reality that I have bipolar. Every morning when I take my medication I am reminded that I am not normal.

User Profile: gracefulPalm90
gracefulPalm90 May 4th, 2019

I greatly enjoy being empathic but having a higher emotional intelligence causes a magnetism for individuals in need. It is sometimes difficult to empty my vaults of everyone's stories.

User Profile: Amy8
Amy8 May 4th, 2019

Changing and stikking to that change is very difficult for me

User Profile: Mamamel
Mamamel May 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

the stigma with my family

User Profile: onwardforevenmore
onwardforevenmore May 4th, 2019

No one comes with me on my journeys!

User Profile: gregariousLake2405
gregariousLake2405 May 4th, 2019

I find it difficult to justify needing help. I'm not important enough to be happy. My feelings don't matter.

User Profile: mikenaiwc
mikenaiwc May 4th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

In summary for me, I think is the ability to make peace with myself.

The neverending internal warfare with my mind.

User Profile: Favor2020
Favor2020 May 4th, 2019

Well, one of the hardest things for me is trying to fit in with other people and to be a part of a conversation. Its so hard for me to be among a group of people and to feel comfortable among the group. People just naturally do not include you in on the conversation or the activities that they are planning. So, it makes you feel that nobody want

to be among you for no reason at all.

3 replies
User Profile: An1mal
An1mal May 4th, 2019

@Favor2020

There is no reason except for selling themself (ego) so they get the attention and look good like its a social competition of acceptance. I find that in many social situations there are the ones that are, me me me me me and feel almost completely ignored. I am learning to avoid these types of people in life by studying their body language and behaviour before getting to know them or even wanting to. Keep fighting Favor2020.

User Profile: Whitegardenia04
Whitegardenia04 May 5th, 2019

@Favor2020 I felt that before but yesterday a sweet thing happened to me which is I SPOKE i made myself be the leader and i included myself and i made myself shining so people pay attention that a person made noise which is me. Sometimes you have to start to make people notice you and letting you among them.

User Profile: rationalAvocado1883
rationalAvocado1883 May 5th, 2019

@Favor2020

Ive had this all my life :(

load more
User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 May 4th, 2019

I am frustrated that doctors who do NOT listen to me and therapists who listen to the opposite of what I have to say. GRRRRR

2 replies
User Profile: PeachieCat
PeachieCat May 5th, 2019

@Rebekahwriter13 ​​​​

I understand how not feeling like you're being heard can be so frustrating! I'm sorry you're going through that with your doctors and therapists.

User Profile: Bellipotent
Bellipotent May 5th, 2019

@Rebekahwriter13

The more distressed I become, the more my comfortable coping skills feel lacking. I express myself deeply through my actions moreso than communicating, and often find myself stuck and feeling helpless and unable to think or speak clearly enough to treat myself with loving kindness.

I simply often forget that you don't have to WORK on acceptance, simply noticing and allowing yourself to bathe in the awareness lf yourself, the deep connection with your being can trancend any thoughts words or actions that seem threatening, worrying, or wrong.

load more