Write a letter of forgiveness to someone who has caused you pain.
hello my lovely community
its Avery with another forum discussion question.
Would love to hear your answers!
Our topic: Forgiveness.
Write a letter of forgiveness to someone who has caused you pain.
You are free to write as much as you want. This is your safe space to share.
@Offmytrack @OneErased @Emirson2018 @SentientiaPoecile @peachkitty @Lexloveslife @AbbyHarris1976 @Mared @aPeacefulafternoon @Summershy @AveryLove @PerpetuallyKekastrophic, @MissDaria18 @OwenJackson73 @AntenorA @Roro36 @Freshmelon54 @lightDrum8955 @LadyInSilence @hereforyoualways123 @SpreadPeaceandlove @conscientiousPineapple1782 @strawberrywillow @Skywalker2002 @Rebekahwriter13 @Falkenberg @beautifulMemory16 @lavenderOrange4849 @6Dragonflies @nabilah17ism @DanielaC @CarrieHolmes @Sailor57 @Tahja07 @magicalHorizon48 @Arman13 @RoseJuliet @understandingWater785 @Friendlycomfort81 @hopefulPower54 @Asru @CompassionateYoshi88 @ShineWithin @DogFish1 @Katee02 @Floatingbubbles @Foreverchangedbyyou @LeoisListening @MyownkindaCrazzi @bunnyhugs616 @stephi0504 @caitlin1217 @Lunaticphilosopher @WunderfrogWeirdo @lightLemonIsaac5408 @WinglessYetFlying @StardustLetters @heysunshine12 @Radioguy @Open2Change @HumorousPear1826 @HopefulPower54@Helping2findaway @CalmingStar @Hope3729 @SaimaK @Skybar @onedirection1213 @Francescahelps @Katheryn @Hashib22 @SpringWaltz @Booklover95 @Clarisse29 @Emirson2018 @Mia1602 @Mountainmystic777 @SupportiveMonkey46 @electricLily13 @ninetaleslove @scenicwindow @JamilaBrownPsyD @ShareenBirgesBASSCounGDYMH@Auditormadness9 @Busranurr @charmingbeauty55 @dancersoul @FranklyMaple @GodsBabyGirl1981 @grassup @gymnast9460 @Hope3729 @ingeniousfriend59 @tryingmybest7 @Lovelylady18 @ninetaleslove @phia7292 @phia7293 @red85 @dopey @GodsBabyGirl1981 @LePapillon @sgtdavis33 @GusteeMoon123 @EncouragingSteps @DanaMH @BrooklynM @Avaboo @navyOcean3488 @BlueEast @Cparsons816 @kizzyaaliyah @Feepersane @k87 @PlumBeechwood7549 @bubblyFaith17 @parisliangbts @beanie @answers @ryha3274 @sunnyApricot6027 @Gtalker8845 @Solivagant2609 @Parisaegyo @Soulflyer, @Leahninhi @easywest5007 @azuladragon34 @Moana22 @ItsReganingRain @Kay @Pakhi!!123 @k87 @Clarisse29 @ConnectOn @Colourfultiger @niceCLEMEMTINE1415 @ShawnMendesGoals @Albatrosinthesky @k87 @Wittie96 @Aathmika @ngsuling1986 @Bubbles120 @Tiger222 @Webehejdjfj @crazycountry210 @Stephen @JellyBean299 @Erato @niceDaisy36 @c9frexs @adventurousPal4301 @Cexe @somewhathappy @1funredhead @SophieKate547 @blueDog2773 @Allieeee1121 @ELLE @lyricalPillow74 @CraigyP @lyricalpillow74

Hello there, x!
I hope you're doing well. I know it's been a while since the last time we've communicated and I don't think that there will still be a chance that we will communicate again some day. However, I want you to know that even though we ended up not being in good terms, I still want to forgive you. This is not to exempt you from the pain you've caused, not only to me but to other people as well, but please take this as an opportunity for you to give yourself too and learn from the things you've done. This is also for me to free myself from the bitterness and toxicity I've experienced during the time that we're still interacting.
You can only move on from the past if you let go of it. History only repeats itself if there's still something you need to learn from it. I wish you all the best and a good life moving forward.
~Erato
@Erato
This is so lovely! ![]()

@AveryLove thanks for the forum.
Dear friend,
I hope you are doing well and everything in your life is going well too 😃. I remember the time and the memories when we were together and you were a good friend to me. You were there, and we did our school tasks together. Used to take part in school events and participate in the debates and sports always. It was a good teamwork and I remember those . When I moved to a new place, you from your side wished to stay in contact with me! which surprised me too much haha.
I moved to a new place, and you stayed in contact. But suddenly you stoped and paused the communication. Which left me in confusion what happened. Months passed away that you didn't reply. And them suddenly after I guess 7-8 months you came with a reply that you don't wanna be in contact and I still remember you wrote that you can't be the person I can rely on and I can't either as well 😥. I missed alking with u and it was emotionally draining as I thought u as a good friend of mine.
But guess what, am happy now 😃.
Life moves on, we meet new people and things heals. I found a better person in my life and she is my best friend and my soul sister💞. Am so happy to have her in my life and it's true friend, you were right somehow. That you werent the one whom I can feel free and vice versa as well, coz I couldn't help you with your tons of issues with your boyfriend. But I wish you two are happy now.
I feel, life directs us in life and brings the things in our life which are better for us. Am so happy now that I have my friend, who is my best friend, and she is the closest person in my life😃. Take care dear friend, good wishes to you, and I just want you to know that though it was a though time for me then, but it's ok, am lot better than that now ☺.
Hugs.
@niceDaisy36
This is lovely, and thank you so much for posting this! 

It's always so true ... when the door of one friendship closes, God will open the door to a more beautiful and lovely one, as He would mean it to be. 

It's always so painful, though, when those we care about leave us suddenly and don't explain why ... they leave a void in our lives and in our souls that only God (in my opinion) can fill.
@AbbyHarris1976
Yes you are right 😃, thanks so much for replying. And it's so true that though voids gets formed, but God brings good people in our life who fills the void and as well makes us happy and stays with us .
@AveryLove
Letter to myself: I forgive. Really? No. Why? I cannot.
hmmmm...
Is it Ok not to forgive myself? I think so...
@AveryLove Great idea for this forum, i think this will help a lot of us
Dear Z,
Its been a little over a year now, and since youve been released i think its time to finally forgive you. Youve done your time, youve hopefully thought long and hard about what youve done. I was so angry at you for so long. Youve hurt me in more ways than you can imagine. My self worth was destroyed because of you, I am constantly in physical pain because of what you did to me. But i want you to know that i forgive you. You were going through a lot and i know that violence is the only thing you have ever known. I wish i could have supported you better, but its hard when we are both in so much pain. I hope you can forgive me too. I know that pressing charges has ruined a lot of opprotunities for you, so i am sorry. But it had to be done. We are both in a better position now, away from each other. But we both need to be at peace of mind knowing i forgive you.
~Katie
My ex,
Many years ago you chose to take the path your life has chosen, That decision cut me to the quick and I felt I would never recover. I have recovered and have had a wonderful life. I hope you found what you were looking for and I truly forgive you for any pain I was subjected to. We do have a wonderful son, grnadsons and daughter-in-law.
You are forgiven.
@AveryLove this is a great idea - thank you:)
Dear friend from the past,
I know you don't wish to talk or hear from me - I understand and don't blame you. I know you don't know me anymore - I know I never knew you.
Dear friend - I'm sorry for what I did to you - I had no right to do that. I know you were trying to help me - but it seemed like you were gone - you left, and I got desperate.
Dear friend, i have said sorry many times but you refuse to see it as something I need to be sorry for. I wish you'd just accept it and admit I was so wrong and lost - but I understand you would then have to forgive me or completely cut off ties. If that's too difficult I understand and forgive you.
Since you won't do that for fear of hurting me, I write you. I forgive you for not seeing the problem. I forgive you for no longer being a friend. I forgive you for breaking your word of always being there - you had no right to give it as you had no clue what it meant - you didn't know how lost I was.
I don't ask for a reply. I don't ask for forgiveness - I don't merrit those things. You have to cut toxic people out of your life - I forgive you for doing that to me.
I hope you are happy and remain so - please don't let me back in your life - I want our friendship but it wouldn't be the same - idk of I could forgive you for that.
If there is anything you feel guilty of - trust me, I forgive you for it - it is all on me.
Yours truly,
An unworthy former friend.
@ASearchingSoul
This is very beautifully written. ![]()
I am going through something very similar but it may seem like the roles are reversed ... I recently tried to help someone as well as befriend him but what he was going through was too difficult for me to help him with, so we agreed to part ways because I could not stand the pain of feeling that my friendship and attempts to help would never be enough ... 
It wasn't my fault that it didn't work out but it wasn't his, either ... just too many issues and communication problems, and I have my own struggles with social anxiety and work stress.
At any rate ... I'm going to write my own letter here to this person who I still care about even though we've agreed not to contact one another a little later ...
As for you ... take care and I really like what you wrote! 
![]()

@AbbyHarris1976
That's so rough. Thank you for your kind words - it sounds like you guys did the right thing - right now it's just an awkward limbo in our case - every now and then there will be a message and it takes days/week's for a response. I wish to somehow resolve it like you did. But even than, as you said.. it's still hard.
Thanks so much and I also wish you the best.
Thanks @averylove good idea
To a friend,
We used to be the best of friends didn't we? Or I thought so at the time. You still think we are. But when you ask someone out and dump them after a week on a public chat group for another girl.. and then continue flirting with me.. What is it you want? You can't mess with me like this, it's not fair.
I forgive you though. Because we've been friends for five years and although we've lost contact scene I moved.. I still wish you could come see me.
Dear x,
I know that you never meant to cause me any pain. Breakups cause pain anyways, and I did feel a great deal of pain. I feel that you are doing better than you would have with me, and I am now doing better than I would with you. I completely forgive you, and wish you all the happiness you can find.
@AveryLove Hi Avery! Great exercise! I didn't write mine on here but I did write the letter to my mother. Since I was a kid I was never able to forgive her for the emotional and mental abuse she put me through. I held onto hatered and resentment for many years and became very bitter because of it. Recently I have started working with an amazing therapist and with the support of my husband, my twin sister, and the good Lord, I was finally able to forgive her. What an amazing feeling it is to have a truly free heart!
Dear Oc,
I hope you're doing well. I hope school isn't as stressing. I hope you're happy right now, 'cause I know I didn't make you happy... I hope you find a good guy to replace me and take care of you like I did. I wish you the best. I doubt you know that you've hurt me and it's okay... no one ever really knows... Anyways, I forgive you for using me, I forgive you for taking advantage of the love I have given you, I forgive you for pushing me away, I forgive you for everything you did. Did you know I still have the little toy rabbit we each got a copy of? Yeah, at some point I wanted to throw it away as well as the pictures, but I didn't. You want to know why? It's because I really love you. I always will care for you and love you, no matter what. I am unable to trow away all that we had and all that we lost. I love you, that's why I hope you're better. I hope you're going okay without me. Just know that I'll always be here for you. I'll wait t'ill the day you say, "I'm sorry if i ever hurt you and how I ghosted you. Can we restart?" I doubt you will say that, but I'll always be here with open arms to give you love, help and support. Whenever and wherever. I'll be here for you, because I forgive you and I love you.
Sincerely, Me.
@HappyLily291125 This is happening to me also, I feel you man. Its so hard to say all these feelings inside you. I wish she can read this. Goodluck pal.
@HappyLily291125 I love this. I am going through some hard relationship problems. Something different than most