BF won’t stop drinking, tried waking me up at 430am to talk..
So yesterday our daughter (5yrs old) called for me from outside our bedroom door bc our awful little kitty attacked her. We were sleeping in on a Sunday; it was 10am. It’s cold here, she was cold. I told her to come in and shut the door (so she wouldn’t get attacked again) and she came into bed. We were only there for a few minutes, it was 10am after all, time to get up. Her dad/my bf stayed in bed. At 12:45 he comes out and starts walking to the bathroom. Daughter yells “daddy! Look!” It was the first snow of the year and she was excited! He starts going off about how we are constantly waking him up in the morning.
what? He’s walking down the hall. He’s not asleep. Or earlier at 10? She is 5 and needed me and he went back to sleep for almost 3 hours.. he has been on break from work since Thanksgiving and had the day off that day because it was Sunday. Literally had no obligations that day.
we don’t constantly wake him up. She goes to school everyday. I wake up and make her breakfast and then wake her up and get her ready before my bf has to even be up for work if he’s working from home, which is the majority. Otherwise, we all have to be up at the same time anyways. On the weekend, I might let her in bed to cuddle. But it’s not everyday. Usually she will just sneak her tablet on the couch and take advantage if I’m sleeping in. Either way, it’s not constant.
so we weren’t really speaking much all day. But weren’t actively arguing.
I sleep on the couch last night because heaven forbid, I wake him up in the morning. I wake up at 430 to get a drink and he’s making me coffee, drunk, asking me to talk. No? I have to be up to get our daughter ready for school.
he’s mad that I didn’t get up and talk. All the while I was up early to make my daughter pancakes, lay and cuddle her while she’s waking up.. and he’s snoozing his alarm, wakes up when he should be leaving, didn’t put his clothes in the dryer and is cussing.
I’m so frustrated.
@whatthehell
I'm truly sorry for you and your daughter. It must be hard on you not having his support as a parent particularly on his off-days and dealing with his drinking. I know this might be very difficult but have you considered to have an open chat with him about what makes him drink, from what he wants to escape and how this affects your child and the peace at home?