Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Don't know how to handle a difficult person

User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 October 29th, 2019

Myself and a couple of friends meet for lunch sometimes.We invited a new lady to come with us but we are now regretting it because she argues and reprimands us constantly. I'm not sure what to do. I would like to know how others handle difficult people.

4
October 29th, 2019

@adventurousBranch3786

Hi Branch heart

I have always been terrible at handling difficult people, I'd say I am getting slightly better but it is still very difficult for me. So I am perhaps not the right person to give you any advice. Anyway. Have you tried talking to her and kindly but honestly saying how you are all feeling? Perhaps someone of the group who feels more at ease could try to approach her, I would personally avoid a group discussion that might make her feel under attack. Or maybe, if you do want to try the group approach, what about asking her advice for a similar situation? You may learn how to best deal with it.

1 reply
User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 OP October 29th, 2019

@admaiorasemper I know that you are right about not confronting in a group. We all met in a support group and we tried to complain to the phd psychologist and she freaked out. I don't plan to repeat that mistake. This lady was very rude to some of the other ladies,so she might not get invited anymore. But I'm thinking about it just in case. Thank you for your response.heart

load more
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo October 29th, 2019

@adventurousBranch3786

It sounds as if it wasn't just you that was regretting extending an invitation, but everyone. Maybe you and the others could just make lunch plans in the future with out asking this other to tag along. Maybe a brand new place to eat also in the event the offending party might like to frequent there?

1 reply
User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 OP October 29th, 2019

@SparkyGizmo. I have a feeling that we may be doing this. Thanks

load more