Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

he doesnt want to do long distance

User Profile: toughHuman3944
toughHuman3944 December 21st, 2022

So its not even confirmed if im moving away for the next 3 years for training as a resident. But he doesnt want to do long distance in the off chance I do. We've dated for almost 2 years and honestly I thought we would get married. It breaks my heart and results come out in March so I really dont know what I'm supposed to do.

3
User Profile: Optimisticempath
Optimisticempath December 21st, 2022

@toughHuman3944

is he ok with ending the relationship over managing distance? isn't that a sign enough he isnt as invested as you are :(

it's sad tho and I wish there was a common place of agreement here, did you share your thoughts about marriage in future and stuff with him? and how you want to give long distance a try or maybe to talk to him about why he doesn't want long distance, his plans for future etc?

if it doesn't work out, you'd know that you atleast tried 💕 you shouldn't let anyone or anything stop you from working on your dreams, it's difficult but please put yourself first... you deserve that much!

User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 December 21st, 2022

@toughHuman3944

does he have reasons why he doesn't want to try LD or is it a subtle way to make you consider an opportunity near even if not the best program etc for him .

User Profile: dukeofdearham
dukeofdearham December 22nd, 2022

@toughHuman3944,

long distance is tough and most often fails.

Maybe he just can't do long distance, but the only way to find out is ask.