Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Please pray for my family. My mom and dad and me. 😭

User Profile: Figgy50
Figgy50 October 15th, 2025

Hello..

I'm posting this so I wont bring it up in the rooms anymore. There was alot of stuff I have left out. Here it is. For the most part..

2025 has been a very bad year for me and my family. My brother, as most people who know me on here know, was diagnosed with cancer in summer of 2024. He passed away in March. A few weeks after he passed away, my mom had a stroke.

She was in the hospital for about 2 weeks. Then she went to a stroke rehab hospital, and while she was there, they found out she a fractured vertebrae, due to osteoporosis. 

They did surgery on her vertebrae to expand it, and she finally came home. Then the surgery had a side effect that caused her other vertebrae, above and below it to fracture too. Then she was back in the hospital again for another surgery on those 2. Then she came home for a week and had more back pain and then they found another fractured vertebrae, then had another surgery. 3 surgeries in the span of  month and a half.

Meanwhile, Im still grieving my brother who passed away and dealing with my mom's recovery from her stroke and spine surgeries. Also, making sure my 88 year old father is OK and able to walk with his walker. 

My family is Catholic, but my brother and his "wife" were not. ( "Wife" in quotes because they were not happily married. She turned out to be a gold digger/grifter)  His "wife" decided to have a memorial (No funeral) for my brother. All of this, the planning, and memorial happened while my mom was in the hospital recovering from her stroke and her first spine surgery.

During her planning of the memorial, I found out how horrible of a person my brothers "wife" really was. She kept harassing me to give her childhood pictures of my brother. She wanted me to go through old photo albums. Apparently, my brother didnt have any photo albums. I was way too stressed out, and depressed and greiving my brother. I didnt want to look at childhood pictures of my brother. I told her I cant get her any pictures right now. She sent me a nasty email, telling me how horrible of a sister I was and my brother would have been disappointed in me. As shocking as the email was, I REALLY wanted to write her an email and tell her off. But I was told not to stir the pot, so I didn't send her an email. But I showed my therapist the email she sent me and she said she's psycho. And I KNOW my brother would be very disappointed in her if he had read the letter. I honestly think he hated her, but stayed married for reasons I'll never know. 

And, after reading her email to me, I just wanted to have nothing to do with the memorial. I would have to grieve my brother my own way. 

I had bad vibes about the memorial she was having for my brother. She was making a big show about it. Like "look at all the work I'm doing!" Thats the vibe I got all the time. My mom and dad and I ended up not going, since my mom had her stroke and we stayed in the rehab with her instead.  Honestly, I dont regret skipping the memorial. 

After all of this, we found out more about my brothers wife. She turned out to be a gold digger/grifter. Demanding stuff and $$ from my dad which wasnt even hers. (Thats a whole other post) 

My mom finally came home about a month ago. It's hard for her to get around with her walker alot. She has a wheelchair but uses it for long distances. Her PT prefers her to use her walker. She's not 100% recovered, and probably will never be. She's waiting for her endochrinologist/osteoprosis shots in November. 

TW ish



We took my mom to the ER on Monday because she was losing her appetite, not eating like she used to and lost alot of weight. While we were in the ER, they did a CT scan and found a lesion on her breast. Now I'm scared of what it is. Praying its not C.  

I'm really scared. Its been such a bad year for us. Especially for my mom. 

I'm asking for prayers that my mom will be totally healed from all of this, and her breast lesion isnt cancerous. And for my dad who's very stressed and exhausted, and for me.. I'm just really broken and I feel like I'll never be fixed anymore. 

Thank you for all the support you have given me in the rooms too. I really appreciate all of it❤️❤️
19
User Profile: VentFreely
VentFreely October 30th, 2025

Hello, how are you guys doing recently? Would you like to get anything off your chest? I am here to liste, God willing!

User Profile: Inpursuitoftruth73116
Inpursuitoftruth73116 December 21st, 2025

@Figgy50, I’m truly sorry for all that you and your family have been going through. Losing your brother, watching your mother suffer, and carrying these burdens all at once is more than most hearts are asked to bear.

Please know this: there is a Creator who sees everything you are enduring. The One who allows illness is also the One who grants healing, and the One who brings people out of their deepest hardships. Nothing you are facing is unseen or meaningless.

Reading your words also brings a powerful truth back to mind:
“If you truly knew how quickly people would forget you after your death, you would never live your life to please anyone other than God.”

I sincerely pray that your mother’s condition brings good news, that your father is given strength, and that your own heart finds peace and support in this very difficult season.

All the best.