Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

IGTBA.... I know you want to know what this means. CLICK THROUGH

User Profile: Laura
Laura July 23rd, 2015

IGTBA is a saying my grandfather used to say all the time! I wanted to share it with you today heart

It's

Great

To

Be

Alive

Today, i'm really feeling the IGTBA love, so let's share our #IGTBA moments from the day here!

Special invitation to all the **grumpy people** out there to participate (you know who you are...yes, i'm talking to you...)

505
User Profile: sugaryrainbows
sugaryrainbows July 31st, 2015

I get to listen to different people here in 7 Cups. It's great! It's great to be alive <3

User Profile: KoiFish
KoiFish July 31st, 2015

IGTBA and celebrate my friend's 21st bday with her.

User Profile: trisjlistens
trisjlistens July 31st, 2015

#IGTBA because..

God has given me this life and I'm blessed.

My family supports me.

My girlfriend loves me.

I have so much to prove to the world.

I have a purpose and that is to help others. :)

--

Thank you Laura! This post made me realize how glad I am to be alive! <3

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings July 31st, 2015

Had a light breakfast and a good work out with stretching this morning. It helps my energy level and my "feel good factor" goes up. Try it.

User Profile: Laura
Laura OP July 31st, 2015

igtba bc i get to see my mom this weekend :)

1 reply
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia July 31st, 2015

@Laura -- have fun!

load more
User Profile: ButterflySpirit
ButterflySpirit July 31st, 2015

#IGTBA because I feel hopeful for the future. I am beginning to feel safer and grounded. I am grateful to have finally joined this community!

1 reply
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia July 31st, 2015

@ButterflySpirit -- That is wonderful to hear!!!

load more
User Profile: Mark5
Mark5 July 31st, 2015

#IGTBA because every time I visit my parent's house my dog runs to the door to greet me

2 replies
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia August 1st, 2015

@Mark5 -- Isn't it awesome how much dogs can lift our moods :)??

1 reply
User Profile: Mark5
Mark5 August 1st, 2015

Yes! I love my pup! He and I take a selfie every time I visit my parent's house.

load more
load more
User Profile: toughThinker3555
toughThinker3555 August 1st, 2015

IGTBA because i know there are people out there that love me. i you guys back.

User Profile: Laura
Laura OP August 1st, 2015

igtba bc today is the forum open house @poeticguy

2 replies
August 1st, 2015

Igtba coz @Laura allowed us to have a fairly successful forum open house to show our love for the forums!

1 reply
User Profile: Amelia
Amelia August 3rd, 2015

@Laura @poeticguy -- sorry I missed that. I hope it went well!

load more
load more
User Profile: charmingHuman165
charmingHuman165 August 1st, 2015

Cute story:

I had previously been interpreting the same emotions differently depending on the gender of the person I was with, due to gender roles and heterosexism. After about a year allying with the local queer community, I realized this, and changed my label from hetero to pan. I went to my parent's home for the summer and decided to clean out my literal closet. There were like 7 "memory boxes" of stuff I accumulated over the years, and as I went through them, I found this story I wrote when I was 6. I had to reread the first sentence to check if I read it right. It was a coming out story about a bi reindeer. It was really flippin cute, with a happy ending too :)

Tangential thoughts:

Part of me felt really validated, as if this story I wrote 14 years ago can prove who I am now, but still. Counterarguments against homophobia/biphobia sometimes revolve around the person feeling that way their entire life, so to feel like that was true for me too helped. I feel like I'm learning to trust my feelings again, and realizing my orientation is one example of this, and it serves as an example for realizing and understanding other things about myself. It also introduces me to cool stuff like self care, understanding how some identities (marginalized genders, orientations, race, ability, etc.) are marginalized, important social/mental/financial/other resources, health education, etc. It feels dramatic to say "I'm learning to trust my feelings again", but it's true. I learn how other friends, family, and cultural norms inform my opinions. I'm more prone to ask myself why when I think something interesting is bad or when I think I should disregard my feelings about something. Being active in the queer (and feminist) community has mad me less stressed, less judgemental, and more healthy mentally/physically/financially/socially, etc.

Lol, I was just planning on sharing the story but whatevs. Hope you enjoyed reading :)