Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is there a way to turn off the feature that sends canned messages to my inbox?

User Profile: energeticSummer2540
energeticSummer2540 December 2nd, 2017

Every day (sometimes, twice per day), I receive what appear to be canned messages from various bots. They offer general encouragement, ask me how I'm doing, etc. I am not so lacking in friends that I am trying to make robot friends. Is there a way to turn off that feature?

7
User Profile: brightForest97
brightForest97 December 3rd, 2017

@energeticSummer2540

Hey, if you go to settings (click on your profile pic and select settings). There should be a section called "email preferences." You can set all or some of these to never, and you should stop getting emails. I hope this works.

User Profile: RarelyCharlie
RarelyCharlie December 3rd, 2017

My experience has been that the Email Preferences are ignored, and 7 Cups still sends "canned messages from various bots" (Noni and Sophia). This is not a nice way for 7 Cups to treat us, in my opinion, but maybe it is difficult for @Heather , @LaraG or anyone else to get anything done about it. It's like the bots are in charge now, and the humans are powerless wink

User Profile: energeticSummer2540
energeticSummer2540 OP December 5th, 2017

I'm going to give it a try. I hope it works! Thanks.

User Profile: energeticSummer2540
energeticSummer2540 OP December 9th, 2017

Update: It didn't work. The bot Noni continues to send me messages.

1 reply
User Profile: RarelyCharlie
RarelyCharlie December 9th, 2017

That's what happened to me, too.

I got rid of the e-mails by using my mail provider's filter settings to delete them.

I got rid of the messages in 7 Cups as described here: Block Noni

@energeticSummer2540

load more
User Profile: CocoNono
CocoNono December 18th, 2017

This is a frustrating waste of time. Fix your script or allow people to block it. Seriously. It's like you're trying to exacerbate people's issues with this kind of ineptitude.

User Profile: Emily619
Emily619 December 22nd, 2017

Hey there! First of all, I've relocated your thread to a more suitable place in the forum, in Noni's Nest! Second of all, if you ignore Noni or Sophia's messages for about a week or so, they will stop. Have a nice day!