Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3 Key Things!

User Profile: GlenM
GlenM November 18th, 2019

Please post here 3 key things you have done to help move 7 Cups forward. I will be doing this on a daily basis. Feel free to do it daily, weekly, or monthly. Right now we've got thousands of people doing a lot of work on the site, but we don't have a clear way of being able to support one another. The goal of this thread is to help all of us see all the good work that is going on. Please ask any questions or share thoughts!

5647
User Profile: independentCurrent4558
independentCurrent4558 April 13th, 2020

I finally found a form of free online therapy (here!)

I caught up in school

I went on a walk with my dog - got some fresh air.

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 April 13th, 2020

Yey! @independentCurrent4558

Well done, keep it up!

Lucy2heart

load more
User Profile: dancingRainfall8257
dancingRainfall8257 April 13th, 2020

I had a guy come up to my window saying he was hungry while crying. After talking to him for a bit about his depression and anxiety bothering him and about him struggling. I took him to get some food. He refused any money from me but I gave him some anyway. I told him I understand it's hard times right now. Don't worry about it. 😊

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 April 13th, 2020

What a wonderfully selfless person you are @dancingRainfall8257 heart

Thank you so much for caring !

Lucy2<3

load more
User Profile: Katmandoodlebug71
Katmandoodlebug71 April 13th, 2020

Watched my grandsons while their mom works at a nursing home

Watched sight and sounds Jesus Play with one of my daughters over Zoom

Ate Ham and pineapple stuffing for Easter

How about you guys? What did you do?

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 April 13th, 2020

Sounds like a lovely weekend @Katmandoodlebug71

Look after yourself too!

Lucy2<3

load more
User Profile: WharfRat
WharfRat April 13th, 2020

I ate too much

I watched some figure skating on TV.

I watched some silent films by Alice Guy.

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 13th, 2020

@WharfRat

That sounds really enjoyable! Glad you practiced self care! smiley

load more
User Profile: Pinkcurrant47
Pinkcurrant47 April 13th, 2020

Gave myself a ballet class.

Went for a run.

Bought a cup of coffee.

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 13th, 2020

@Pinkcurrant47

I love to dance also, even though not very good at it. What great ideas for self care! smiley

load more
User Profile: TNAghost
TNAghost April 13th, 2020

Did my first volunteer session as a listener.

ran 2 miles

cried.

2 replies
User Profile: kindStrings3073
kindStrings3073 April 13th, 2020

@TNAghost

Being able to process emotion is really important right now.

User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 April 13th, 2020

Well done on taking your first volunteer session @TNAghost great work !

Hope you enjoyed your run but no crying {{{hugs}}} well you can if you feel like it heart

Lucy2

load more
User Profile: kindStrings3073
kindStrings3073 April 13th, 2020

Three things - new normal edition:

1. I have sat in the garden with a coffee this morning.

2. The radio is playing and the cat is on my lap.

3. I've managed to book a food delivery, rather than having to visit a supermarket (in the UK, they are quite stressful places right now. I'd guess this is pretty much the case for all of us).

Stay safe.

2 replies
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 13th, 2020

@kindStrings3073

I feel as if I'm sitting right there with you, right now sharing a cup of coffee!smiley I know these times are hard and we have ebb and flow, bend but not break. I think it's great that you chose the delivery option for groceries. It's wise and it's so much more safe in my humble opinion. I think it's great that you have made decisions. You are enjoying your life, your property, your garden, your music and your pet! It's a hard time for us all, I think you have found the key my friend, you are getting back to basics and enjoying life, you are making the choice to do so! heart Thanks for the post, a great reminder for us all to enjoy the simple things in life!

1 reply
User Profile: kindStrings3073
kindStrings3073 April 14th, 2020

@SparkyGizmo

Thankfully I am listed as a keyworker here in UK, so get sort of priority delivery, after elderly and those who have long term health issues have selected their slots.

The supermarket is a horrible experience which I'd rather not expose myself to if it can be helped.

load more
load more
User Profile: CeceBakes16
CeceBakes16 April 13th, 2020

1. Spoke to someone I'm not on talking terms with just to make sure they were ok

2. Cooked and baked stuff I am proud of

3. Spoke to my friends after a long time

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 13th, 2020

@CeceBakes16

I too love cooking and baking, but I must say, I for one understand the difference! Baking is much more complicated and much more of a very concise endeavor. I hope to one day get better with my baking skills. I think it was really nice of you to reconnect with others! heart

load more
User Profile: turtleshell75
turtleshell75 April 13th, 2020

Today I made myself breakfast

Woke up early instead of sleeping all day

Started my work instead of procrastinating!

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 13th, 2020

@turtleshell75

I'm so glad you started your day with a great meal! smiley I'm thinking it probably feels so very nice to get things done! heart

load more
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 13th, 2020

3 key things

1. Read and replied to forum posts

2. Replied to pm's

3. Helped in the LSR

2 peer support chats

2 replies
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 April 13th, 2020

Fabulous 7cups contributions @SparkyGizmo yes

Thank you!

Lucy2<3

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 13th, 2020

@lucy2

Many thanks my friend! heartsmileyangel

load more
load more