Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3 Key Things!

User Profile: GlenM
GlenM November 18th, 2019

Please post here 3 key things you have done to help move 7 Cups forward. I will be doing this on a daily basis. Feel free to do it daily, weekly, or monthly. Right now we've got thousands of people doing a lot of work on the site, but we don't have a clear way of being able to support one another. The goal of this thread is to help all of us see all the good work that is going on. Please ask any questions or share thoughts!

5647
User Profile: tisch20
tisch20 May 13th, 2020

suggested to have legal team to assist members in understanding their legal rights in divorce or cohabitation cases

suggested age differentiation counselling grouping for listeners

suggested qualify listeners based on whether they live with their parents ( or near their parents within 30mins drive) as their background impacts

- approach

- beliefs

- aspirations

which affects the quality of counselling

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 May 14th, 2020

@tisch20

Thank you for your contributionsmiley

Lucy2<3

load more
User Profile: Teapower
Teapower May 13th, 2020

1, hot shower and relax

2, play with puppy

3, work

User Profile: Laura1989
Laura1989 May 14th, 2020

1. I submitted a job application.

2. I did a short run (my first one back after a problem with my ankle).

3. I did some reading.

4 replies
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 May 14th, 2020

@Laura1989

Good luck with your application, hope you're successful!

Lucy2<3

3 replies
User Profile: Laura1989
Laura1989 May 14th, 2020

@lucy2 Thanks so much, it's my 59th application :)

2 replies
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 May 15th, 2020

@Laura1989

Rooting fo you Laura laugh

Lucy2<3

1 reply
User Profile: Laura1989
Laura1989 May 15th, 2020

@lucy2 Thank you Lucy <3

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Tyedyedbutterfly65
Tyedyedbutterfly65 May 14th, 2020

3 Key Things

1. Open chat in Anxiety Support Room

2. Member chats

3. Listener chats

Flagging profiles ..

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 May 14th, 2020

Hi @Tyedyedbutterfly65

Thank you for all your support here ate 7cups heart

Lucy2

load more
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo May 14th, 2020

3 key things

1. Read and replied to forum posts

2. Replied to pm's

3. Helped in the LSR

3 peer support chats

2 replies
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 May 14th, 2020

@SparkyGizmo

Thanks Giz!

Lucy2<3

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo May 14th, 2020

@lucy2

smileyheart

load more
load more
User Profile: tisch20
tisch20 May 14th, 2020

Suggested new chatrooms for

1)survivors of narcissitic parents

2)divorce

3)abused survivors

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 May 17th, 2020

Hi @tisch20

Very interesting suggestions, thank you!heart

Lucy2

load more
User Profile: insightfulPiano5953
insightfulPiano5953 May 14th, 2020

Emphaty,

Respect,

Dedication.

1 reply
User Profile: Tyedyedbutterfly65
Tyedyedbutterfly65 May 15th, 2020

@insightfulPiano5953 Great ones !!!

load more
User Profile: Sedtzl1
Sedtzl1 May 15th, 2020

Cleared that corner!
set my desk up in an organized way

assisted others on 7 Cups

rested well

😊

reached out to other humans 😊

1 reply
User Profile: StanDaMan78
StanDaMan78 May 15th, 2020

@Sedtzl1

Aww, thank you for all your help on 7 Cups! We appreciate all you do to help us grow and mature! (Although I could do some growth in cleaning up my desk more consistently heart)

load more
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo May 15th, 2020

3 key things

1. Read and replied to forum posts

2. Replied to pm's

3. Helped in the LSR

3 replies
User Profile: Tyedyedbutterfly65
Tyedyedbutterfly65 May 15th, 2020

@SparkyGizmo Gizzie awesome job !!! You are such a beautiful blessing to this site and always so kind to everyone and helpful !!! heart Always Be You because you are one of the best !

2 replies
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo May 16th, 2020

@Tyedyedbutterfly65

Oh my gosh, my wonderful Tye! heart Thank you so very much for this great message to me!smiley I just signed on for the day and for this to be the first thing I see, fills my little heart with joy! It's great to sign on and to see a caring person sending along a positive message! Sure is a great way to start the day on 7 cups! smiley

Thank you for seeing the light in my eyes, thank you for seeing my good intentions! Thank you for all of the work you do here on 7 cups and being a powerful force for positivity. Big *hugs* my friend! heart

1 reply
User Profile: Tyedyedbutterfly65
Tyedyedbutterfly65 May 16th, 2020

@SparkyGizmo Thank you Gizzie ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))) heart

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo May 16th, 2020

3 key things

1. Read and replied to forum posts

2. Replied to pm's

3. Helped in the LSR

1 peer support chat

4 replies
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 May 17th, 2020

Thanks @SparkyGizmo

Good work, don't forget selfcare pleaseheart

Lucy2

3 replies
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo May 17th, 2020

@lucy2

smileyheart Thanks for looking out for me! I am a big proponent of self care and encourage others to do the same! I discuss these things with others in the LSR as well as in pm's when others are seeking help. I need to be a person of integrity. So I follow the very same things I recommend to others! I need to be the example! (as best I can)smiley

It's good for everyone to know their limits and know when, "to say when". I shut off my computer last night. I left 2 people with out responses. But I did not commit to a peer support chat with them and I think their queries really would be better suited for their mentor and if they don't have one, now would be the time to do so (I will respond to them today). Some times your pm's get flooded and you don't even know they are coming.

I think for one person to feel as if 7 cups will not operate with out them is an ego response. My rule of thumb, if anyone has some sort of ego, you need to pack it up, put in a box and seal it shut before signing onto the site. If you need that ego so very badly, go ahead and pick it back up after you have signed off. Last count, I heard, we have over 411,000 trained active listeners. Someone is always here, 24/7. These are the things I tell others if they feel guilt for not helping every single person at every moment of the day or night. Seems to make everyone feel better when you frame up that way for them! I help others also in explaining healthy boundaries. Sometimes establishing those is more training ourselves first as opposed to the behavior of others. heartsmiley

My self care last night included having a great dinner, family time, practicing mindfulness while even doing the smallest of tasks. I spent time with my beloved pet also, a hot bath, watched a movie with my family and went to bed very early.

2 replies
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 May 17th, 2020

Aww thanks for your reply @SparkyGizmoheart

I always love to hear how our listeners manage their selfcare and am grateful to you for sharing yours with us. yes

Life is tough for all of us right now but with love, care and respect for others, we'll get through, with 7cups help of course!

Love Lucy2

1 reply
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo May 17th, 2020

@lucy2

I agree! I forgot to mention I got some reading done in there. I think it is good for the soul! smiley

As for me today, I responded more to my queries after I had signed off for the evening,I hadn't agreed to take on peer support chats last night and it really was pointed in the wrong direction, any which way you look at it.

Part of self care is boundaries. Part of self care is not arguing with people that are intent to disagree with you. Again, as a peer supporter, I did both already today. People will become angry with you. Emotions are running high, people are sad and people are upset. It's unfortunate. But my role is to finally express my limitations to others that want me to provide something that is not my role at the moment when they become angry with me. I don't want for others to be sad. I do my best and fulfill the requirements of my role and even more. Kindness matters and I give others the proper resources in a kind way. Self care! *high fives*heartyes

load more
load more
load more
load more