Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What have you done to prevent burnout today? Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups

User Profile: Hope
Hope March 21st, 2021

Hi everyone! This is a forum post linked to the path 'Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups'

enlightenedWhat have you done to prevent burnout today?

This can a variety of things like:

• Saying no to a task because you have enough on your plate

• Taking part in self-care activities

• Taking a self-care break from 7 Cups

306
User Profile: Comfortablesmile
Comfortablesmile December 16th, 2023

I normally take a break from 7 cups, meditate and remind myself about the reason why i'm here. It helps a lot 

User Profile: starryCandy6123
starryCandy6123 December 17th, 2023

I always keep member to a one hour slot

User Profile: MusokeHere
MusokeHere December 20th, 2023

@Hope

During my brief journey within 7Cups, I was initially looking forward to keeping my mind occupied while trying to engage in pleasurable activities, like this one. I did my best and, as @Hope accurately pointed out, my burnt out levels increased and, somehow, I became 'addicted' by the innumerable list of possibilities and roles which I was offered. I am coming from a background when it has been a really tough journey, especially, these previous three months, so, that was added as an extra pressure.

Nowadays, I decided to give myself a self-care break and prioritize the interactions and activities which I feel I am able to do without burning myself out so much. I have been taking advantage of my formation so that I can improve my well being and I am looking forward to work on those small, tiny habits. I recognize that I need help and I limit the time that I spend with my members. Some of the have been so kind to the point that they have offered me their lending ears, although I know they are not bound (and cannot?) do that somehow. Now, I am finding myself in a sort of emptiness which I am trying to navigate.

I'm encouraging everyone to take the Path 'Preventing Being Burnt Out at 7Cups' as well as taking good care of ourselves. We all need our safety masks in order to help others.

Lots of compassion!

Ele xo

User Profile: MusokeHere
MusokeHere December 21st, 2023

@Hope

I went back to take a chat again which ended up being triggering for me. My mind was telling me all the time to stop myself and, since I have been through an ongoing tough time, Christmas is one of the most traumatic periods for me as well. So I refrained myself to continue to the chat. I have received peer support and I have met an amazing person today.

As of my own self-care, today I managed to run some errands, attend my session with my therapist, dance and sing. I will keep working towards getting to journal my thoughts, focus on my CV and keep accountability of my self-care patterns. There is a part of mine which wants to go back to the 'caregiver' mode, as an addiction, but I need to say 'no'. And I need to diversify my own sources of entertainment as well. I think I want to try again yoga!

User Profile: NewYorker11
NewYorker11 January 7th, 2024

@Hope

in order to prevent burnout today, i took some breaks to relax and play some video games, which always makes me happy. i also did some exercise, which helps me to relieve stress and regain composure.

User Profile: NewYorker11
NewYorker11 January 10th, 2024

@Hope

today, in order to prevent me experiencing burnout here on 7 Cups, i took intermittent breaks between the LDP course material, 1 to 1 chats and reading. during my breaks, i listened to music, practiced music, played some video games and exercised. also, i helped my mom with chores. so, my breaks were practical and from time to time. in this way, i did not get burnout or fatigue.

User Profile: NewYorker11
NewYorker11 January 10th, 2024

@Hope

in order to prevent burnout today:

1) i did some exersize

2) i played some video games

3) i communicated with friends and family

User Profile: MusokeHere
MusokeHere January 16th, 2024

@Hope

Hi there, my fellow community! It's been a while since I have come back to this forum in order to remain accountable while respecting and nurturing my own needs and limitations. I am finding myself taking control of this downhill of mine as soon as I am focusing on basic self-care needs and being gentle with myself by taking one step at a time.

When it comes to my own burnout prevention, I have decided not to enroll in further general requests as well as limiting the time I spent supporting 1-on-1 chats. I have discovered I can offer support while staying active within the rooms as well as keeping an eye on both members and listeners as well. I want to focus my attention towards engaging myself in different sorts of training (including the ones which tackle crisis services and boundaries).

I am still procrastinating my own responsibilities to send my own weekly check-ins since I believe this experience so far has been quite rocky and with several obstacles which I would like to mention in advance. I also hope to communicate these decisions soon within my own pace.

@Daf8, if you are seeing this post, I do hope you are taking good care of yourself. Sending you a great big hug. My thoughts and my heart are with you. Estoy para vos. 💖

In the meantime, take good care of yourselves. Sending my warmest thoughts filled with compassion and gentleness.

base-high-five.gif

User Profile: Comfortablesmile
Comfortablesmile January 16th, 2024

I read a book today 

User Profile: luckylistener
luckylistener January 17th, 2024

@Hope Today, I only spent an hour on member chats to prevent burnout. I get really drained and overwhelmed when I spend too much time listening. I also plan to do one more hour tomorrow so that I have Friday & the weekend to recharge.