Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What have you done to prevent burnout today? Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups

User Profile: Hope
Hope March 21st, 2021

Hi everyone! This is a forum post linked to the path 'Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups'

enlightenedWhat have you done to prevent burnout today?

This can a variety of things like:

• Saying no to a task because you have enough on your plate

• Taking part in self-care activities

• Taking a self-care break from 7 Cups

306
User Profile: ShadowFaerie
ShadowFaerie April 15th, 2024

Today I checked in with my mentor and got support. I also spent time outside getting some exercise. I enjoyed playtime with my newly adopted kitten. 

User Profile: violetdreamer07
violetdreamer07 May 27th, 2024

@Hope I let a member know when I had to leave during a chat so that I wouldn't feel overwhelmed/like I was taking on too much.

User Profile: violetdreamer07
violetdreamer07 May 27th, 2024

@Hope Taking out the time to watch my favourite TV show! 

User Profile: AskTara
AskTara June 14th, 2024

@Hope Postponing work to the next day because i reached my daily limit.

User Profile: positivelyLuna333
positivelyLuna333 June 19th, 2024

@AskTara It is so important to set boundaries in our lives- and with ourselves. If we push ourselves to our absolute limits, pour from a cup with only few drops so to speak, we are only harming ourselves for the following day. We are pouring from an empty cup. When recognizing our limits, and honoring them, we care for ourselves and prevent burnout. :) 

load more
User Profile: positivelyLuna333
positivelyLuna333 June 16th, 2024

@Hope Today, I have set aside time to be a listener instead of forcing myself to immediately jump on and get it over with. Instead, I am prioritizing other tasks that are causing me stress, knowing that having them finished is going to allow me to be more present and a better listener when I do log on to chat with members. 

User Profile: wannatalkaboutit
wannatalkaboutit June 19th, 2024

@Hope I told other listeners i needed to take a break!

User Profile: wannatalkaboutit
wannatalkaboutit June 19th, 2024

@Hope 

My way to prevent burnout is to take breaks. It has been a little tough with the internship program but I have made sure to only listen for a few hours every day and then turn it off. 

User Profile: KristenHR
KristenHR June 26th, 2024

@Hope

What have you done to prevent burnout today?

I have taken the morning off to write.

I played a game.

I looked at my schedule and then looked at what I needed to do and what I could do and what I didn't need to do.

User Profile: KristenHR
KristenHR July 8th, 2024

@Hope

I have taken time to eat in spite of a full day of responsibilities, and I used my breaks to relax.

User Profile: Moonlight52
Moonlight52 July 27th, 2024

@Hope

What have you done to prevent burnout today? I reached out for help cuz i needed to