Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

January 10 - Animal icons live across the site: Forums, chatrooms, profiles & usercards!

User Profile: Laura
Laura January 10th, 2018

January 10 - Animal icons live across the site: Forums, chatrooms, profiles & usercards! Yay, they are so cute!

Learn more about this update here!

Find your join month animal assigment below!

January - Dolphin - get to know other dophins here

February - Penguin - Get to know other penguins here

March - Horse - Get to know other Horses here

April - Camel - get to know other camels here

May - Elephant - get to know other elephants here

June - Kangaroo - get to know other Kangaroos here

July - Star fish - get to know other starfish here

August - Fish - get to know other Fish here

Sept - Bunny - get to know other Bunnies here

Oct - Eagle - get to know other Eagles here

Nov - Butterfly - get to know other Butterflies here

Dec - Turtle - get to know other turtles here

256
User Profile: Helperlover
Helperlover January 10th, 2018

Ki don't understand

User Profile: Ambitioustriangle77
Ambitioustriangle77 January 11th, 2018

I don't see the harm in having unicorns

1 reply
User Profile: Ambitioustriangle77
Ambitioustriangle77 January 11th, 2018

@Ambitioustriangle77, but I really need to be a unicorn. Not a raven for sure

load more
User Profile: Tenacity37
Tenacity37 January 11th, 2018

I am not ok with this. For me it brought on heightened anxiety, loss of control and was VERY triggering for me. This was unnecessary and it should be made an option, not a mandate.

Clearly I'm not alone in this.

This deters me from using 7 cups because it makes me think "what will they do next". It makes me think you're forcing something on us that we never asked for, which is very similar to our abusers.

You actually made 7 cups a trigger for me.

@rozie

5 replies
User Profile: dancingStrawberry34
dancingStrawberry34 January 11th, 2018

@Tenacity37

Im here for you *hugs* I dont like the idea either

January 11th, 2018

@Tenacity37

I am not attacking or being rude to anyone, but from past few months I have noticed this:-

Step1:- The community team asks for feedback before implementing

Step2:- They IGNORE our feedbacks and implement the original plan right away for a certain period (like a month or week) just to notice our reactions, which hurt and may trigger some of the volunteers.

Step3:- They finally realise they did wrong, and make certain FANCY changes again.


Whats the need of all this? I am really sorry for you :(

tagging: @glenM @opstops @heather @iara @kate @laura @amelia

3 replies
User Profile: Laura
Laura OP January 11th, 2018

@BlueBluet

Hey there - i am sorry it feels this way. This feature did happen quickly, and Im sorry for that. We are working hard to hear your feedback and will be open to making changes as we learn what is the best changes to make.

In terms of other updates where the community felt excluded, did you have a specific example in mind? I have been working on the community centered moderation update for over a month and have worked hard to ensure the feature and update on the whole work well for you all, include your feedback..etc.

2 replies
User Profile: BeeLeigh
BeeLeigh January 12th, 2018

@Laura

Well I can think of one change that had very negative feedback that's glaring at me as I type. The orange on the blue bar at the top is god awful and it needs to die. You killed it off for the therapy box, and then added the volunteer as a listener thing, when I already have a listener account anyway. The animals are stupid, and it should be a CHOICE. You shouldn't be forcing us to be a stupid dolphin or whatever else. If you want the animal amendment, then make it optional. You can't just force things on people and expect them to be okay with it. That's literally the reason half of us are here anyway. There's a lot of serious feedback on this thread that needs to be taken into consideration, and the animals really need to be removed or made optional. With as crappy as the app is, there are much bigger concerns that need to be addressed before you go forcing people to identify with an animal they didn't get to choose. For the record - if you're going to force ME to have an animal attached to my name, it better be a purple butterfly. I don't like the blue dolphin, and I don't like that you've removed that choice from me.

January 14th, 2018

@Laura No need to say sorry :) most of your updates happen quickly. You asked for an example in your above response, here is another example.

This time also the community team havent succeeded in coming up with a sound strategy formulation and in addition are bad at implementing their flawed strategic model.

I am not saying the update is not useful or is not helpful. But at the moment, the timing to implement and launch it is extremely bad. when there are areas which need your focu and attention.

I guess you should have covered all aspects and areas of update before launching it. Instead of forcing members to use this update. Many of your replies are not making sense to what the other member says/asks. I do really hope you work on feedback related to launching any new update, and the feedback you are recieving for improving yourself in your role.

I think prioritising a few things may help the community to grow rather than luxury/fancy updates. We fully understand you have hundreds of messages, and we understand it may take a few days or even a few weeks to respond (in case one is on personal care break). But months, seriously? One has to start from somewhere. I hope you do realise where are you doing wrong and hopefully will take this as a positive note and work on it accordingy. @GlenM @Laura

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Phthalo
Phthalo January 11th, 2018

Now you don't have to be a mod to be heavily decorated in the group chats. Wowie

I'm not sure how finding other people who created an account the same month as you (whether you started using the site before then or not!) helps member retention. Or feeling of community. Like, you just say "hey a fellow horse!" And that's it? Hmm.🤔

And like I mentioned elsewhere...I feel like there are more important issues to be spending time on. Especially that forum spam, which I guess the site just kinda raised a white flag on that one.

User Profile: FirstTimeMomma822
FirstTimeMomma822 January 11th, 2018

I understand the reason BEHIND the update but, frankly, i agree with many others. I do not like this update at all! I earned my animal for my personality and achivements growing up and now im a butterfly? I have a family heritage where animals are not handed out for a month basis but determined by who you are. I am a bear, not a butterfly and i would love to be able to opt out..

1 reply
User Profile: hypnosis
hypnosis January 11th, 2018

@FirstTimeMomma822 I wish I had the butterfly sad the horse doesn't resonate with me.

load more
User Profile: Emily619
Emily619 January 11th, 2018

I love this!! On a side note, I'm glad to here @ZizyTheTurtle's wish has been granted wink

1 reply
User Profile: Zizy
Zizy January 11th, 2018

@Emily619 You know it!! laugh

load more
User Profile: dancingStrawberry34
dancingStrawberry34 January 11th, 2018

@Laura @Kate, I am not too excited about this update because It could lead to cliques and problems in the community. And it could tear the community apart. I guess Im a little frustrated because most of us didn't ask for this update? I feel like we should all get a say in this. :) Thank you for letting me voice my opinion!

Positives:

It could bring the community closer together to get to know one another.

Negatives: It could make the community feel like they are part of a clique and it could lead to a lot of problems for the community I thought we were all in this together we were all a team? I feel like it could tear the community apart honestly. I also feel like if someone isn't part of a certain animal group they wont want to be someones friend? Because they didnt join the same time as them? They may feel as they can only be friends with people from their animal group.

1 reply
User Profile: SoulSupporter102
SoulSupporter102 January 11th, 2018

@dancingStrawberry34

I agree!

load more
User Profile: TheBreadBoy
TheBreadBoy January 11th, 2018

Aside from the complete uselessness of this update, could you not have made them decent animals? Fish? Camel? Nobody wants to be a fish or a camel.

But oh well, guess there's a new animal hierarchy on 7 Cups.

January 11th, 2018

@kate @laura Lol what is this?

Recently, this site goes with some fancy updates instead of the ones we all need. Maybe, by taking action on the reports, doing something about the favoratism and spending some time to respond to YOUR PMs instead of these unecesssary useless updates. I hope the community prioritizes some things. Nobody likes to wait for 2 to 3 months, just to get a reply.

There is no need of update something, when it is already working well. And, if the goal is to look elegant, I apologize, it's really frustrating.

3 replies
User Profile: dancingStrawberry34
dancingStrawberry34 January 11th, 2018

@BlueBluet

Well said! :)

User Profile: LittleFox07
LittleFox07 January 11th, 2018

@BlueBluet

User Profile: LittleFox07
LittleFox07 January 11th, 2018

@BlueBluet I agree to respond to personal messages in a timely manner. Many leaders, including admins, do not even respond for months. I was interested in supporting a sub-community forum, but I never received a response from the leader. I even reported the person, but no action has taken so far. I think only high ranked people get replies or member friends. I am not generalising statement, but this comes from my past experiences. This ignorance also had an impact on my mental health! I hope that people who are responsible for certain roles respond to their PM and do not simply ignore it right away on an emotional support site.

I would like to summarize by saying do not lose sight of what you are suppose to do as admins of 7cups. These kind of updates are good, I'm not against it, but ignoring the very real problems and focusing on "how to make this site more attractive" just sucks.

I am sorry if this may upset you, but I said what I felt and experienced! @laura @kate @GlenM

load more
User Profile: ItsPreeti
ItsPreeti January 11th, 2018

I really find this update cute and I love it but ,I feel an opt-out option good so that who find it triggering can opt out. Secondly,in rooms it looks messy but you can keep it in forums,thats my suggestion but I love it,love it and love it.