Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Schoolwork is hard today. All the days. not amazing for my mental health

User Profile: LonleyCheese
LonleyCheese December 20th, 2022

Nearly every day at school I get an assignment and it's uncomfortable and loud at school so I say I'll do it at home. In several classes. I never do, though. It's nearing the end of the term and tomorrow is the due date for most work. I have so much to do but I can't even start. I've been on cups for an hour and my mom thinks I've been working. Everyone is so grumpy and angry and hate inside and sad and tired. My parents expect more from me. I've always been a good student, but lately I just can't. People aren't being helpful. I am tired. And ya know it's a bad day today. But I'll probably be fine tomorrow and I hate that, makes it feel like I fake it each time, or it doesn't matter. But even on good days I don't work. And I'm only in junior high so it doesn't matter but habits will in the future. I need to work but all I can think is I want to sleep. I've started therapy last friday and this friday I will go again but by then it' will be too late (for work). I don't want to do schoolwork after a day of being at school, and the week is so exhausting that I sleep away the weekend so I can't use it to study. I'm failing two classes. Everyone is tired. Love yall, tcks <3

4
User Profile: tommy
tommy December 20th, 2022

@LonleyCheese

Hey LonleyCheese, welcome to the Student & Career Subform ❤️ It's great to meet you, I'm Tommy :)

I'm exactly the same as you - I used to (and sometimes still do) find it hard to concentrate in school/work etc. I always took/take things home as well and I always convince myself I'll get it done until I get too busy and forget! I think as well as soon as your todo list grows you get more tired as the thought of completing it all is draining :( I've been there before and is completely normal.

What about speaking to someone about how you're feeling? Maybe someone at school or a family member?

Struggling to manage your workload and then not doing so well in your classes will always make things difficult and I'm sorry you're experiencing that right now :( We're here for you, both here in the forum and via Browse Listeners ❤️

Hopefully speak soon :)

User Profile: Jaeteuk
Jaeteuk December 20th, 2022

I remember back in the day, I never really worked on my assignments at school either. I think it's difficult for most people to be working in an environment where fellow students are chatting and laughing out loud. The only place you could get some silence is in the library, and yet, you still get some students who like to chit-chat there too.

How is therapy going? What do you think will help you get going to work on your assignments? You were previously a good student, what was it that caused the change? Lack of interests in your school subjects? Not getting enough support from family and friends? Is there any aspect that you can have control over? Do you have any goals that you want to achieve, academically? At this point, if you're able to get some assistance with your teachers, especially with the classes you're failing, ask for some guidance to get back on track. With deadlines coming up, showing that you're putting some effort into making things work, might be helpful.

Only in junior high, although everyone will be telling you that grades are important, that you shouldn't be failing any classes; do keep in mind that failing classes is not the end of the world. It might just mean you'll have to retake the class again, but that's okay. Your own mental health is more important than your grades. Take it easy, and try your best to get yourself going with the assignments. Even if you can't finish them, do try and start one or two~

@LonleyCheese

2 replies
User Profile: LonleyCheese
LonleyCheese OP December 20th, 2022

Therapy just started last week, and the first session was more of a get to know you thing but I think it's going to help, somehow. I guess I'm not sure how to start I just need to do the assignments. I'm not as good of a student since I started junior high last year and suddenly there's seven classes, and nearly all of them have homework. However, in my elementary school there was never homework, or much of it. So that was a tough transition. I suck at setting goals and a lot of things in general decision making. I usually need help: suggestions, accountability, that sort of thing. Even though my teachers are so nice I still find it hard to ask for help, and humans are annoying in general. I am a bit stubborn and feel kinda dumb when I don't understand stuff. And it can be difficult for me to understand when people talk to me, but I'm working on it. If only there was a subtitles option haha! But yeah, I am trying to put my health first a bit more. Thanks!



@Jaeteuk

1 reply
User Profile: Jaeteuk
Jaeteuk December 21st, 2022

From Elementary to Junior High is a huge transition. Give yourself time to adjust. Setting goals take perseverance, so make it small and easy to achieve. Little achievements will help with building more self-confidence. Ask for help from teachers whenever you can, they are usually happy to hear from their students needing help. Shows that they care about their schooling. Good luck!~

load more
load more