i struggle with sexual sin
i have a sex addiction. i’m always finding new ways to fall into the cycle and after my last relationship ended 4 months ago my body count has increased by 4. i feel horrible, disgusted w myself, and i feel like i’ll never be a true christian. i don’t know what to do anymore and i truly feel worthless.
@yellowboba3
I am so incredibly sorry you feel worthless. God does not see you as worthless he sees you as so worth loving that he sent his son for you too. The worthlessness has got to feel like the most real thing in the world right now but that is not the truth, that is a lie from Satan. You do not have to take it from me, in scripture (John 8:1-11), there was a lady caught in the act of adultery, and the people wanted to kill her for it. Jesus told them whoever hasn't sinned throw the first stone. All the accusers left and he asked her if any of them judged her, and she said no, and he told her that he didn't either and then told her to go and sin no more. Jesus doesn't say this behavior is right, but we all have our sins and his grace is the only thing that can save us from any of them. You are loved by God, and no matter how real the feelings of worthlessness feel, you are not worthless. God can save anybody who will turn from him to any sin. It is such an easy trap to fall into (like I do sometimes) to think that you can do things other than repent and ask for his grace but that is one of the best parts of being a Christian. We can put in effort to have a better relationship with him like you can put in effort to have a better relationship with a friend, but we cannot do anything to earn his love or grace, you just have to ask for it. Thank you so so much for reaching out, that is such a major step.
@yellowboba3- don’t feel your not a true Christian! As long as you have faith and know you have sinned and you accept and acknowledge it than your just like the rest of us! You’re not alone in this battle (I’m not sexual addicted just to clear that!) your an amazing person who just needs some help out of the pit you dug!
Hello I can feel what maybe going through your mind but it's well with your soul. It's not over for you. Jesus is ready to redeem you at all times. Please don't give up on yourself. If you have anything to discuss you can talk to me. God bless you.
@yellowboba3
Hey it's okay to feel this way, you're not alone in this. Just keep praying and remember that God is always watching over you, even when you feel like you'll never be a true christian. Just hold on to the hope💖
Kind of late. But I am in a similar boat. Struggling with lust at times. I’ve never had a boyfriend nor more than kissed a boy. But suddenly at 23, I found myself going to far with a boy, I had met while on vacation. I could go on and try to blame it on alcohol but truth is, I was sober enough to stand and reason. Could have walked away. Since, that and others mistakes I have walked away from the world. Distanced myself from worldly friends and medications. I realize, looking back that the antidepressants, I had been taking, while bringing back my energy and making me more present; weren’t worth it; if I don’t act like myself. Since accepting him as my lord and savior; Jesus has set me free and is slowly healing me
Also note David, “a man after god’s own, heart,” sinned by committing adultery. Even his son, Solomon would later struggle. But the thing, David shows us, is we need to get on our knees and repent to our lord; not hide away in shame. Our god, is a wonderful father; who came down in the flesh