Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share your DID Experiences or connect with other people on the DID path

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings January 5th, 2022

Here is a thread to share your DID experiences or just connect with other people on the DID path. A community starts when 2 or more people start sharing. By continuing to post even if only to say hello, we are not alone. If you subscribe to this thread, you will get updates.


59
User Profile: questionablemosquito
questionablemosquito March 2nd, 2023

@soulsings Hi we're new here and we don't have a diagnosed disorder but believe we have it and have done a lot of research and we really just want to get to know more people who have this like us. We hope to get this diagnosed at some point but we can't quite yet

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings OP March 2nd, 2023

@questionablemosquito welcome to 7cups. The sharing circle in Chat under Group Support is a great way to meet people.

Also topic discussions are great. There is one in Mindfulness under Group Support Chat that opens at 5PM EST and closes at 6PM EST here are others https://www.7cups.com/forum/50OverCommunity_193/TeamToolsandTeamUpdates_1705/50plusDiscussionsScheduleandTopics_207920/

User Profile: InvaderStitch
InvaderStitch March 3rd, 2023

@questionablemosquito

Getting a diagnosis can be challenging. I went 8 years in treatment without a proper diagnosis, and even when my symptoms became even more obvious I had been told that I couldn't have DID and I was just acting out and needed to behave better.

I hope you have a much better experience than I did. I think that when we know we have a system providers should be more willing and open to listening to individuals because we know ourselves best.

load more
User Profile: scarletPark119
scarletPark119 March 4th, 2023

@soulsings We don't have the time nor energy to make a long post right now, but that you so much for making a thread about DID!!! It means a lot to us systems!

-Your local DID system 🤍💚

User Profile: InvaderStitch
InvaderStitch March 4th, 2023

Hi @scarletPark119

there is also a subsection in the trauma community that is for people who have experience with dissociative disorders, such as DID, if you haven't checked it out yet. 😄

User Profile: scarletPark119
scarletPark119 March 6th, 2023

@InvaderStitch

That's so cool! I'll be sure to check that out!!! Thanks!

load more
load more
User Profile: alex428
alex428 March 8th, 2023

hihi! we’re an osdd-1b system (currently working on getting a diagnosis). i’m a listener on here, so if any systems want to vent or just talk, i am here! i know how hard it is to find a listener on here who is educated on DID/OSDD-1.

have a nice day everyone! :D
User Profile: InvaderStitch
InvaderStitch March 18th, 2023

@alex428

Thank you for being here Alex! We need listeners who understand what it's like to be part of a system.

User Profile: alex428
alex428 March 19th, 2023

@InvaderStitch

Agreed! Thank you for all that you do.

load more
load more
User Profile: PatienceImpatiens
PatienceImpatiens March 16th, 2023

Following.


User Profile: WorkingitThrough2
WorkingitThrough2 March 26th, 2023

@soulsings

Hi Soul, Scarlet

Glad to be back. How are you? No need to ask, Busy LOL

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings OP March 26th, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2 hi nice to see you again.

Never too busy to say hello!

User Profile: WorkingitThrough2
WorkingitThrough2 March 27th, 2023

@soulsings

Thanks❤️

load more
load more
User Profile: WorkingitThrough2
WorkingitThrough2 March 30th, 2023

@soulsings

I have my first Trauma Therapist, who Validated I have Dissociation but she is not yet sure which one as of yet because she said that I am so guarded and at certain times she has noticed switching for brief moments. I still find this hard because I had never heard of this until last year here at cups. Yes I have had my symptoms for years and years and had told my doctors and therapist but all were dismissed as psychotic episodes. Treatment of harsh drugs that left me incapacitated.

Still dealing with acceptance and communication issues with my insiders. One thing for sure is that someone hates therapy and I get all these horrible yelling at me about trusting going to therapy again. I am trying to not let this stop me from going but somehow I get sabotaged by getting lost while going to my appointments it is a bit crazy and very frustrating. Not sure this makes any sense but it is what it is.🤔

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings OP April 1st, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2 I am sorry that you have encountered support people that could not recognize what you went through. It is sad to see that happen.

It is a challenge. Is it possible to get a driver to bring you to appointments. That may help you get there.

What some people do is to keep a DID notebook and encourage parts to write in it. In this way you might be able to understand the various parts.

Talk to your therapist that can work well with you and see if there are any workbooks to help with DID.

User Profile: WorkingitThrough2
WorkingitThrough2 April 1st, 2023

@soulsings

Soul thanks and I have been trying to keep journals until someone hid them from me and had to start some new ones. Crazy stuff going on. Thanks for your suggestions I will keep trying.❤️

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings OP April 1st, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2 if it is a real life person that could be avoided by journalling with Noni on 7cups or emailing yourself.

If it is the parts doing that, not sure what the solution is.


User Profile: WorkingitThrough2
WorkingitThrough2 April 2nd, 2023

@soulsings

I think it is the parts, like eating my peanut butter and I did not do it. I even went as far as to take pictures of the peanut butter after I used it. The pictures actually show that some more have been removed the pictures are different. I keep it in my room on the shelf.😂

I shared this with my last Therapist and showed her the pictures. Weird hum🤔

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings OP April 3rd, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2 others I talk to report this experience. I think it may be a result of the amnesia that some people have when a part takes over or emerges.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 March 31st, 2024

Following! I want to learn about DID, it's intriguing :)