Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A Raven's Eye

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven March 13th, 2018

This is simply to open my "page" or diary. I may not write here for a bit.

~SpruceRaven

764
User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 3rd, 2018

Replying to me on another thread

@lonelyandsickFede

Please only reply to me here, Fede or on your own Feed. I will not be visiting that other thread. I said what I could there.

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 3rd, 2018

The Poem

@lonelyandsickFede

Wow! That poem is so lovely. I got the gist of it, (with the aid of the little Latin I know) .... and,... I'm so glad you provided the link and the various translations. I love it even more now, and I definitely resonate with how stillness and nature can feel so immense -- both almost frigthening and comforting at once. Powerful. Expectant. Filled with possibility... and ... acceptance. THANK YOU! So wonderful.

User Profile: lonelyandsickFede
lonelyandsickFede April 3rd, 2018

@SpruceRaven
You are amazing, Raven!

I'm so happy you consider me amazing blush

And I totally understand. I feel awkward sharing my story in public too.

I look forward to talking to you more too.. Despite how hard it is for me to see you go. And I think the same. Every topic seems to interesting with you :)

Thank you for staying longer just to be with me. I really appreciated it and I'll treasure every moment spent together. You're truly precious!

Yea.. Insomnia will do that to you. And besides, I was too worried about you to just go offline without answering you first.

Oh wow, you're going for a swim at 6 pm?! And over there, with that cold?? I hope you're going to an indoor pool laugh hahaha

( I know, bad joke.......... still worth a try cheeky)

Ah.. this is making me so sad and anxious :C

Only few days left.. crying

----

Oh.. yea.. I.. I saw the thread. That was quite brutal. I'm sorry! I hope you're fine....... :(

I'll talk to you here and/or on the feed only, don't worry!

---

I'm glad you love the poem too :D

It's so deep, beautiful and yet relatable! Makes you think a lot and see everything through a different perspective.

I don't mean to brag about my country or anything, but after I've studied Italian, Latin, Greek (translated in Italian tho), English, German, and Spanish literature, I gotta say my favorite poets are Italian. I'm sorry, but some of them are just so amazing...... heart

And artists too. Just for poetry and art, it would be so worth it to go back in time and live in ancient ages.

But then again I don't think I could ever get over the lack of latest technologies and the differences between now and then.

But still, you get what I mean, right?

---

Take care too, my dear friend! I'll wait here :)

1 reply
User Profile: DeborahUK
DeborahUK April 5th, 2018

@Rain45

load more
User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 3rd, 2018

Your recent Thoughts and replies

@lonelyandsickFede

Thank you so very much. You are a very good friend. I will reply to you at length tomorrow. I will be here briefly at 4pm your time (e.g 3rdApril) today. Then I will be here for an extended period of time from about 10 or 11pm your time (3April) through 6 a.m. your time (4April). I may then be back again briefly at 10a your time on Apr 4th before heading to bed.

hope to get some other good talking in the next day as well. You are wonderful Fede. And yes, I'll find a way.

User Profile: lonelyandsickFede
lonelyandsickFede April 3rd, 2018

@SpruceRaven

Recent thoughts and replies

No, thank you, Raven :) I'm truly, truly happy you're my friend, and honored I can be your friend!

I, uh.. uhmmm. My head hurts so much more now x _ x

I'll try to keep track of those times, but it might be easier to just be here all day after I wake up laugh

Nah, I'm kidding. I'll try to be here at the right times :)

Nope! YOU ARE wonderful, Raven smiley

Let me know if you read and understood eveything in gray, by the way.

Hope you have a great night!

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 3rd, 2018

@lonelyandsickFede

Hey! Another post from YOUheart.

So glad I checked one more time!

Yes indeed it's an indoor pool. Though I do sometimes go swimming in the lakes in the summer time. (We are not quite there yet... give it a couple of months). ;->

Please don't be anxious. We'll get some good rich conversation in, I promise. And please promise me you will always know how very much I value you and care about you and want the best for you. That will never go away. You will always be in my thoughts and my heart. Always.

Thank you too, for your concern over how I might be feeling. I only really replied twice-- the once briefly and then the last time.... I felt I finally had to stand up for myself instead of just turning away. And I believe I had a right to reply even though I was expected not to. I am aware there may have been at least one more communique directed at me after that but I did not return to that thread nor will I. I did my best to speak evenly, and from my own truth, and only for myself, without harsh judgement or assumptions about others. And now I have to let it go.

Thank you for being there, Fede. I might not have made it without you.

Have a good morning. And do feel free to write here in the interim.

As you can probably tell from my spelling, I have been on my laptop for these past few posts, and that is what I intend to use for my gab-fest with you tomorrow and the next day.

Hugs and more to you. And a sweet melty-eyed gaze from my lovely pup, along with a majestic sweep of her plume-y tail. Angel says, Thank you for being so good to my Mom!

Until soon, Fede.

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 3rd, 2018

Timing

@lonelyandsickFede

Come and be here whenever you like and we will write back and forth and it will all work out just fine. Do make sure to take care of you and get as much rest as you can..... e.g. you can always read what I've already written whenever you arrive. ( and I am behind in some replies to you, too). Insomnia sucks! I hope you can get some rest.

Talk soon. Good morning to you! If you still drink coffee.... and when it comes time for your first espresso or coffee of the day..... pretend we are sitting in your favorite cafe.... describe it to me as we share a coffee together and talk about a thousand, myriad things!

(I had a friend once in Portugal: He would dump FOUR HUGE sugar packets into one tiny demitasse of espresso. It was more like coffee syrup or coffee paste. Lol :-D

Good morning. Good evening. laughheart

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 3rd, 2018

The Gray...and understanding

@lonelyandsickFede

Yes, I read and understood all of it. Thank you so very much. More tomorrow, okay? (That's MY tomorrow.... your late evening and early tomorrow a.m.) :-D ;->>>

Ciao, Bellissima!

User Profile: lonelyandsickFede
lonelyandsickFede April 3rd, 2018

YAY, MORE POSTS!! heart

@SpruceRaven

And I'm glad I checked once more too :D

Ahh... I miss swimming in pools. I wonder if the strong scent I remember is the same as the real one. Still makes me wanna go underwater and just look at the rays reflections at the bottom... so pretty.

I hope you had some fun swimming :)

I'm sorry for feeling anxious about that. It's just... I hate goodbyes................

Alright, alright. I'll promise!! smileyheart And you'll be in my thoughts and heart as well, Raven. I'm gonna miss your safe, soft, feathery hugs.

I know what you mean. And that was some fierce fight :c I'm sorry it went like that...

Thank you for wanting me to be there heart I'm really happy I could be by your side.

Yaaay, laptop!!!!!

---

Timing

Thanks, Raven :) It's good to feel welcome. I'll be gladly be here then

Oh, I wish coffee had any good effect on me.

Woah. I do prefer sweet things, but as for your friend, what's the point in buying coffee if you're gonna add more sugar than coffee to it? Perhaps milk might make it less bitter, but all the sugar..? Why bother drinking it?

Many hugs to you and your dog :) I'm sure it's beautiful and adorable and cute and fluffy! Puppy!!!!!!!

Good... uh, good something to you too!! heartsmiley

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven OP April 3rd, 2018

@lonelyandsickFede

Hi. Sorry I missed ir am late to the brief window this morning (7:30a here now instead of 6a = your 5:30p now). Had a bit of a tough time sleeping.

Back in about 5.5 hours for a long talk with you!

Talk to you soon! Send you big feathered hugs, the rich scent of spruce and the sound of the sea. 🌲🐦🌊