Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I have experienced trauma but I am not...

User Profile: Kate
Kate January 28th, 2019

I have experienced trauma but I am not...

Share your truth and help break the stigma.

139
User Profile: Blynng
Blynng January 28th, 2019

I have experienced trauma but I am not just a mass of scars. I am beautiful through the pain, and so is everyone else.

User Profile: SpaceTornado
SpaceTornado January 28th, 2019

I have experienced trauma but I am not going to give up. There are days when I feel like I cant make it through and theres nothing worth staying for. But, there are also days where I am content with life. Im not giving up the good days for the bad ones.

User Profile: WasaBePanda8675
WasaBePanda8675 January 28th, 2019

Experienced trauma but am not going to let it STICK to me. Like hurtful comments or spiteful words, I have let that awful experience bounce off me like a rubber ball...float through me like a cloud...slide off me as if I were coated in Vaseline. We choose how we are affected by things and I choose NOT to let the trauma traumatize me!

User Profile: Mashedpotato364
Mashedpotato364 January 28th, 2019

I have experienced trauma but trauma is not the only thing that defines me.

User Profile: shehzzadi
shehzzadi January 28th, 2019

@Kate but i m not what kate? u can tell what happen to you? Are you okay now?

User Profile: Listeningears27
Listeningears27 January 28th, 2019

Selfish when I need to take alone time to understand what triggers me and causes me to have PTSD.

User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS January 28th, 2019

I have experienced trauma but I am not weak or unworthy. heart

User Profile: BlackberryPicker
BlackberryPicker January 28th, 2019

I have experienced trauma but I am not going to be defined by it

User Profile: DelicateButterfly78
DelicateButterfly78 January 28th, 2019

I have experienced trauma, but I am not laying in some graveyard, not yet anyway. :-)

2 replies
User Profile: ShiningPanda13
ShiningPanda13 January 30th, 2019

@DelicateButterfly78 ❤️ Glad you are here with us

1 reply
User Profile: DelicateButterfly78
DelicateButterfly78 January 30th, 2019

@ShiningPanda13

Thank you!

load more
load more
User Profile: bgdave
bgdave January 29th, 2019

I have experienced trauma but feel like I will never recover from it. My trauma is related to loss of a parent to a terminal illness...ALS. I have never been the same after that. It broke me....

1 reply
User Profile: Quietone8717
Quietone8717 February 8th, 2019

@bgdave I can not imagine what it has been like for you, things happen in our lives that just... it doesn't make sense. The world can be so dark and horrible, things happen and you have to ask why? What could i have possibly done to deserve this life? To deserve this pain?

I struggle with this, having a sick mom, a dad whose there but not, things done to me by people i should have been able to trust, a sick brother and countless other things. There are days i actually wish someone else has this life insteas of me but then... i think, that maybe I am that someone else, maybe I was the exact person who needed to be in my shoes because even though i have felt broken, i really was just bent pretty bad.

I'm still here somehow, you're still here and maybe you can be there for someone who isn't strong enough... Maybe you are bent but not as broken as you think and you have been bent into the perfect shape you need yo be fore someone else... just maybe *hugs* i hope for light and peace for you someday as i hope the same for myself

1 reply
User Profile: bgdave
bgdave February 9th, 2019

@Quietone8717 I know that everything happens for a reason and it is just hard of the time to figure out random tragedies. I never would have imagined my mother would pass at 62. She was really beautiful and never smoked and never really drank. She lost her battle much sooner than we thought she would, but I feel like she and we were blessed to not have to go through the end stages of A.L.S.. It turns your body into a prison that you can

load more
load more