my dreams are haunting me even more each day dont know how much more i can take
ok well my dreams are when my rapist and sexual abuser comes back and everyone wants him back and acts like no one really cares he might hurt me again and i woke up almost crying becuase i was so terrified it was real he was my babysitter and my mom and dads best friend .. what if he comes back no one believed me so he was never put in jail or convicted so yea it hurts and yes he lives in another state but what if he knows where i live .. im scared and i do have a therapist should i tell her this .. i mean it scares me she'll leave and i cant take that or that she may not want to help me anymore and it scares the crap out of me when i talk about it
Im sorry to hear.I have a dream that keeps coming back. At times it feels real . I dont dare to think about it, scared that it really happened . I have been traumatized to the extent that memories are mixed between being real vague and imaginary.
@imsorryitry It sounds really reasonable to be scared of that, having a traumatic experience like abuse can cause some terrifying dreams. But, they are only dreams, I'm sure that in reality this won't happen. And you're always allowed to talk about your dreams and how they're scaring you, about the things you're worried about. I doubt your therapist would leave you, if she left because you were scared about a traumatic experience...well, then she would be the worst therapist ever
but, I'm sure she's not bad at all, and she will understand why these dreams are so difficult for you and help you work through them. It's tough to talk about, I can imagine, especially if people didn't believe you..but, sometimes if you take it slow and talk through it with someone, things can get better, it can stop feeling so haunting. Maybe even in your dreams you can defeat him for good :) You deserve to feel safe, believed and cared about!
I hope your dreams can turn positive soon
Im sorry that you are dealing with such memories and interrupt your dreams. After I got up of a traumatic relationship those dreams were common and I hurt a lot but with keeping myself busy and with time things started to change but still it hurts but not as bad. Im glad that you share here your thoughts as keeping them to yourself is even harder. My family was aware of mine as they were the ones who got me out with their support. I think if you have the thought of telling your therapist that you think about but it seems there is a little bit of reluctance there. Id feel scared too that she would left and take away her support. If youd like to talk about it feel free to message me back here or on 1 on 1.
@imsorryitry