Told my therapist about my story two weeks ago. She laughed, told me it reminded her of 50 Shades of Gray, and recommended me to read the book. I'm as
I felt so mocked and so lost and humiliated. The feeling lingers even two weeks later. It took me four years to say a word about it and I still struggle to accept it, and I had been mustering up the courage to talk about it for months. I don't know what to do, I don't know if I feel comfortable working on this with her anymore
@SunflowersAreCute3 Unfortunately there are some therapists who ar not so good at their job out there. I am sorry you had to go thru that.
I am so sorry you experienced this. You deserve a therapist you can trust. I had a bad experience with a therapist once. When I found a good therapist, I talked to her about what happened with my old therapist. It's really unfortunate when therapy itself becomes something you have to heal from. I hope you are able to find somebody more sensitive to your needs.
@SunflowersAreCute3 There are some really bad therapists out there. I'm so sorry that happened to you. It's hard enough to talk about without having to deal with an insane therapist too. I would put in a complaint as well with on her license because she shouldn't be practicing at all. That's insanely insensitive. I hope you can find some good help. There are some excellent therapists out there as well or so I've heard. Try to make sure you trust the person before sharing your story again. Therapy unfortunately isn't in my opinion regulated in the way it should be. Ideally there'd be surveys and people would be able to tell the ones who destabilize their clients vs the therapists who are actually helpful. Look for someone more holistic and strengths based too if you go back because there are a lot of people who pathologise trauma survivors and blame them for what they've been through. I really hope you get through all this and show the world your power.
I had a horrible experience in therapy as well where I was basically pathologized on account of being a survivor of physical assault. It really sucked. She yelled at me a ton and then basically told me I had no control of my emotions. No, I was actually very calm for what I was experiencing from her. She tried to push her more conservative viewpoints down my throat