Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bullying has caused me to feel......

May 22nd, 2017

Complete the following sentence:

"Bullying has caused me to feel......"

112
User Profile: GhostlyLilian
GhostlyLilian December 24th, 2018

Wrong, stupid, unworthy, unwanted, needy, damaging, dangerous, responsible, guilty, a disgrace for everyone I came across in my life. Also damaged, ashamed, at a loss of hope, learning day by day how impotent I was, how I had no control over anything.
Again: sad, lonely, angry, disappinted by the ones whose job was to protect me, mistrustful, fearful, always questioning myself, with low or no self esteem, self efficacy, self respect and self love, actually WITH NO SELF, empty. Undeserving, useless, a freak, crazy, barely human... and maybe with a little more effort I could go on.
It's hell of a lot of awful feelings. It kinda gives a dimension to the trauma. I feel a little stronger thinking that I've faced all this, and more that happened afterwards, for so many years! Sometimes I won, sometimes I lost, but yet I'm still here! laugh

User Profile: wittyEyes5762
wittyEyes5762 December 25th, 2018

@GhostlyLilian I can relate!

User Profile: GhostlyLilian
GhostlyLilian December 25th, 2018

@wittyEyes5762
I don't know if I'm so happy about this XD Actually I'm mostly sorry if you can relate
I hope you relate to feeling badass too laugh

User Profile: wittyEyes5762
wittyEyes5762 December 25th, 2018

@GhostlyLilian I hope to get there one day. Meanwhile Im still at the Sometimes I win sometimes I lose situation!!

User Profile: wittyEyes5762
wittyEyes5762 December 25th, 2018

@GhostlyLilian its tough when you have so many voices to fight with on a daily basis!!

load more
load more
User Profile: GoodTrouble19
GoodTrouble19 April 3rd, 2019

@GhostlyLilian I can relate to this broken heart

User Profile: GhostlyLilian
GhostlyLilian May 22nd, 2019

@GoodTrouble19

So sorry you can relate. How are you feeling about it now?

I have to say I'm slowly getting better, we can do this!

load more
load more
User Profile: thoughtfulMap838
thoughtfulMap838 December 28th, 2018

Traumatized at first, but now just angry. It is unacceptable on any level and not okay.

User Profile: GoodTrouble19
GoodTrouble19 April 3rd, 2019

Worthless, disposable, like a weirdo loser, disgusting, awkward, shy, enraged

User Profile: Summershy
Summershy April 4th, 2019

@GoodTrouble19 that is because they perpetrator wants you to feel that way because they are miserable and don't really want you to be happy.

load more
User Profile: Summershy
Summershy April 3rd, 2019

Bullying makes me feel like I am not alone because it happens to people because the perpetrators are often insecure, uncomfortable in one way or another.

User Profile: Wakeboarder222
Wakeboarder222 April 4th, 2019

@Summershy

Good insight.

load more
User Profile: Wakeboarder222
Wakeboarder222 April 4th, 2019

In the past:

Horrible. Inhuman. Like I deserved neither life nor death. Both were too good for me.

Now:

Like a superhero. I am so much stronger than I or anyone else ever realized. I made it and I came out on the other side a generous, caring and amazing individual. I will not let the actions of one person define me or my existence. I am going to lead a great life because that is what I choose and it is what I want.

User Profile: tallSugar4889
tallSugar4889 April 21st, 2019

worthless my family get called fat ugly from the ugliest family in the street they bully my family constantly telling my family to die we evil tells other of their family members to kill my family at the moment i feel really sick angry can't sleep can't eat because no one will help me

User Profile: SailingFox
SailingFox May 26th, 2019

Bullying has caused me to feel angry and agitated at any slight disturbance to my peace, or if anyone violates my space or principles or both. I have to actively remind myself to not get angry, and take off to a quiet place to calm down after facing a trying situation.

Im usually seen as a pushover just because Im normally quiet and docile, but once I let the anger take over, people are pretty shocked and stay the hell away from me.

User Profile: bubbleOrange5025
bubbleOrange5025 July 6th, 2019

bullying caused me to always second guess myself in every way and believe that i am in the wrong. i took me a long time to acknowledge what happened as traumatic and wrong. i dont tell many people what happened because i feel like i am ovverreacting. bullying has caused me to be hypervigiliant and easily overwhelmed especially in social situations. im scared to open up because im afraid i will be ridiculed. it took away my power and now everytime im in a sutuation where i feel like i have no control i get an awful feeling in my chest thats hard to describe. even though ive changed schools and im not bullied anymore, being in a school sets me off and i feel terrible and trapped. it caused me to start dissociating and its something that i subconsiously do often now in response to stress. one day i hope to feel confident and present and open again.

User Profile: Sambosnake13
Sambosnake13 August 2nd, 2019

Numb

User Profile: Adeline12345
Adeline12345 February 13th, 2021

Bullying has caused me to feel powerless & deep self hatred.

User Profile: shyjeans
shyjeans April 13th, 2021

Same. But for me the self hatred is more internalized I guess I don’t realize that I’m doing it. That is good to have that awareness bc I believe it’s a step towards recovering and not letting it affect you. Sometimes bullied people bully others. So it’s best to forgive and really forgive. Doesn’t mean we forget but we can let go of the heavy weight when we do remember. I hope you find your healing! 🌼

load more