Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Favorite Series on Netflix

User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 January 20th, 2022

What is your favorite Netflix series, and why is it your favorite?

Mine is Bloodline because of the intricate plot and excellent acting.

74
User Profile: Sherlben
Sherlben August 12th, 2022

FRIENDS thiiis so classic

User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 12th, 2022

@Sherlben It definitely is hehe! ❤

User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 OP August 12th, 2022

@Sherlben yes!!

load more
User Profile: blueOrange4228
blueOrange4228 August 12th, 2022

@Help127 i think its only available in the UK (vpn) but the series suits is soooo good, its abt law but like you can actually understand whats going on

User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 OP August 12th, 2022

@blueOrange4228 I will see if I can check it out. Thank you!!

load more
November 10th, 2022

@Help127

have not watch much net flux lately since a lot shows left

In the past that are still on net Felix I did. Hill house the haunting of Bly manor get even the fate of winx saga. Raising dion. Lock& key

one I am into now is Anne with the e

There is one more but I can not think of it now


User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 OP November 11th, 2022

@Goalsforlife I love the haunting shows! They are so well-done. I am watching the last season of Manifest now. I do not usually like scifi but this is a great show. Thank you!

User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 November 11th, 2022

@Goalsforlife. I am watching Anne with e also.

User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 OP November 11th, 2022

@adventurousBranch3786 and Goals I might have to check that one out too.


load more
load more
User Profile: Luckball
Luckball November 11th, 2022

@Help127

Orange Is The New Black is so good

User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 OP November 11th, 2022

@Luckball thank you, I keep meaning to watch it. I just watched the first part of season 4 of Manifest and it was really good. I need to rewatch because I have had it on while I was working and doing other things and I did not catch all details.

load more
User Profile: Menoeceus
Menoeceus November 11th, 2022

@Help127

My all-time favorite is Breaking Bad. It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire series. It has an amazing plot and Bryan Cranston gives the performance of a lifetime.

I also loved Orange is the New Black. The series does an amazing job of developing its characters. We start with each character by only knowing them on a surface level and the show purposely gives us a misunderstanding of the character to start with. Then, as we get to know the character, we learn there is so much more to the character, and we begin to understand them on a deeper level. The series does a great job of showing us that there is more to people than we see on the surface.

User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 OP November 11th, 2022

@Menoeceus thank you, that kind of depth and character knowledge is right up my alley. I also like Breaking Bad, and I thought the Better Call Saul spinoff has been great as well. I just watched Manifest season 4 and I'm excited for the second and final half of the season, and series, to be released, probably sometime next year.

User Profile: Menoeceus
Menoeceus November 12th, 2022

@Help127 My favorite example of helping the audience to understand a character better over time is Suzanne, aka Crazy Eyes. When Piper first enters the jail, Suzanne really likes her and comes on very strong. Suzanne has a serious mental illness, but that isn't explained until later. We see Suzanne from Piper's perspective, so she seems crazy and scary. The show then uses flashbacks to show what Suzanne's life was like before she went to jail. We learn how kind and caring she is toward others. Suzanne loves everyone and we learn that she wouldn't hurt a fly. Piper slowly learns more about Suzanne and the two become friends. So, the show has started with a common misperception, that people with mental illness are scary, and it helps us to slowly realize that this isn't true, and that Suzanne is a lovely person. When the show starts, it's clear that Suzanne has a mental illness, but the audience doesn't know what kind and doesn't understand her. The more we understand her, the less we fear her. We learn that there is so much more to Suzanne than meets the eye. The show does this with so many characters. It starts out with a misperception, and then it slowly uses flashbacks to build the character beyond a surface level understanding. I've never seen a show that develops its characters as well as Orange is the New Black, and in doing so, it helps teach the lesson that there is a whole world behind each person, and that if we take the time to learn about people, we will have a much more positive view of them. It's a brilliant show.

User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 OP November 12th, 2022

@Menoeceus thank you, I love that! I really appreciate shows that spend extra time on allowing the audience to fully understand the characters. My favorite Netflix show, and really show ever, is Bloodline, one of their originals that came out in, I think, 2015. They do something a bit similar with their main characters by having us ready to make assumptions about characters based on certain behaviors and how they are seen by others, only to get a more in-depth look at everything as more knowledge is gained. Brilliance.

User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 OP November 12th, 2022

The difference is, we don't necessarily get a more positive view, just a more realistic one. Their point in that show, I think, is that human behavior is complicated and often involves a lot of complexities and gray areas.

User Profile: Menoeceus
Menoeceus November 12th, 2022

@Help127

I guess it depends on what you mean by positive. The situation the characters live in is not positive, but the character is more positive in that they are seen in a more positive light. Each character starts off looking like a bad person, but once we start to get more background information, we see them in a more positive light. They are complicated. They have done some bad things, but they have done some good things too. They have been mean to people at times and they have been kind to people at times. This was my experience in watching the show. Time and again I found myself liking the characters much more once I got more background information on them. I think this is important since it helps to fight against the stigma that surrounds people who have been to prison.

User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 OP November 12th, 2022

@Menoeceus that makes a lot of sense. I know what you mean. I think I need to move that show higher on my watch list because it sounds like I will really like it. Bloodline is similar, except that it actually makes most of the characters look worse as time goes on, while one in particular who was seen as bad from the beginning earns more sympathy, at least partially. I do not want to give away the plot at all, and it is much more complex than that. I like character-driven shows. Thank you for sharing your feedback! This is really interesting.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch November 11th, 2022

@Help127

I would have to say Komi Can’t Communicate. The titular character’s social anxiety is all too relatable for me, but the comedic spin the series gives it is a good way for me to remember to laugh and that maybe not everything is as catastrophic as my anxiety worries it could be.

User Profile: ReadBooks7
ReadBooks7 OP November 12th, 2022

@TheAutumnWitch I have not heard of that one, but it sounds really good! I am glad it is a good fit for you. I think it might be good for me as well.

load more
User Profile: Joyfulflowers
Joyfulflowers November 14th, 2023

@ReadBooks7

 I just finished the show Wednesday