Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Horror Movie recommendations

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 January 2nd, 2022

Horror is a genre that keeps you on the edge of your seat in anticipation.

The sheer terror of jumpscares and the unknown is exhilarating.

There are other genres mixed in with horror as well like comedy and romance.

I particularly LOVE the horror/comedy genre. Some of my favorites are Scream Queens, Happy Death day, Ready or not, the scary movie franchise...etc.

What are some of your favorite horror movies or horror/comedy movies?

48
User Profile: Zarram77
Zarram77 March 21st, 2022

@comfortableNight4463 Have you seen The Exorcist? or Ouiji: The origin of Evil.

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP April 16th, 2022

@Zarram77 I've not seen them yet but I'm planning to.

load more
User Profile: MusicalGiraffe84
MusicalGiraffe84 May 11th, 2022

My favorite is Cabin in the Woods

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP May 13th, 2022

@MusicalGiraffe84 Nice! I love it as well!

load more
User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 July 3rd, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

Arachnophobia. Because unlike the usual movie monsters, venomous spiders actually exist.

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP August 14th, 2022

@slowdecline48 Oh dear. I'm super scared of spiders. I need to watch this!

User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 August 14th, 2022

Sleep tight, dearie... 😈

load more
load more
User Profile: Lockhart
Lockhart August 14th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

*The Shining (fascinates me even though I've never seen the full movie)

*Carrie (all versions, some are better than others, but don't read the book first if you really want to enjoy the movie)

*A Cure For Wellness (very graphic and disturbing, but really well-made with a thought-provoking plot)

*Sinister I and II (also graphic and disturbing, but very good, kind of a puzzle within a movie)

*the new Smile movie looks very good

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP August 14th, 2022

@Lockhart Thank you for sharing this list! Which out of these is your absolute favorite?

User Profile: Lockhart
Lockhart August 15th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

I have no idea, since I haven't seen the full movies for any of them. But The Shining comes to mind for not having the kinds of major plot flaws like Carrie and the Sinister movies do.

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP August 16th, 2022

@Lockhart That makes sense. I hate it when the plot isn't well thought out and plot holes are left unanswered.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Soul234
Soul234 August 15th, 2022

I really liked malignant that one has such a unique concept

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP August 16th, 2022

@Soul234 Oh yes! I like it too. It wasn't a cliché

User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 17th, 2022

@Soul234

Yass, watched it recently too, it was quite a different plot. 😅 Interesting watch nevertheless hehe!

load more
User Profile: Soupsimmering
Soupsimmering August 16th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

I also liked the happy death day movies! :)

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP August 17th, 2022

@Soupsimmering I love those! The first one is my absolute favorite.

load more
User Profile: Jewelmoon17
Jewelmoon17 August 16th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

I so love horror movies. Most of the time it's the Horror/ Fantasy or Horror/ Mystery and Horror/ Thriller types.

My all time fave are the Friday the 13th, Halloween, Scream, Hellraiser and other Asian Horror Movies.

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP August 17th, 2022

@Jewelmoon17 Mystery/horror is my favorite genre!

load more
User Profile: enjoyiableElementary9396
enjoyiableElementary9396 August 17th, 2022

Just watched Orphan and Child's Play recently and damn, were they mind blowing!

User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 17th, 2022

@enjoyiableElementary9396

Orphan is something else lol, next level stuff, I watched it many years ago and it still gives me chills! XD

I heard a prequel to the film is in making, or might be soon to release, excited for that one. 😮

load more