Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What movie did you see last?

User Profile: Evi
Evi March 13th, 2014

Explains itself too!

FH:19

3961
User Profile: Sherlben
Sherlben December 29th, 2020

smiley Titanic

User Profile: Vanessagail
Vanessagail January 26th, 2021

I like watching the homeless documentaries on YouTube, I like watching Jim Hendsens Dinosaurs and Mr Bean cartoons and videos on YouTube.

load more
User Profile: danielioan
danielioan December 29th, 2020

Soul (2020)

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 June 11th, 2021

@danielioan
Ah, I think you mean "Soul" by Disney&Pixar? I've seen that recently. I enjoyed it. I think it would make more sense if I watched it a second time. What did you think of it?

User Profile: danielioan
danielioan June 11th, 2021

@cyanPlatypus6370 Yeah...that link should have pointed to the movie page...but anyway...I can't give an opinion that's still vivid...only that I liked it.

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 June 17th, 2021

@danielioan - ah I see. no problem. I am glad you enjoyed it! ~ Platy

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 December 29th, 2020

Room

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 June 11th, 2021

Oh, hi Branch! This is one of the movies that I read the book before I saw the movie. The book was featured in one of our public library's monthly book clubs a couple of years before the movie came out. It is a good book! and according to me, seeing the movie did not wreck the book/story (at least for me). Sometimes the movie will do that, which of course I dislike.
Did you like "Room"? What did you think of it? ~ Platy
@adventurousBranch3786

User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 June 11th, 2021

@cyanPlatypus6370 . I was hesitant about watching it due to the subject matter but I really liked the movie. It was very well done and wonderful acting.I didn't realise that there was a book for it. I might read the book too because often athe book has a lot more things that the movie didn't hve time for.

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 June 17th, 2021

@adventurousBranch3786 - yes, I agree. The subjects presented in this film could be easily triggering I would think. Perhaps especially if you did not know that topic was coming. TW for phys/sexual abuse, for trauma, for like watching PTSD occur before it is able to be called 'post,' and probably several others. In reading the book first, I was able to I think sort of get over the shock of those things in a way that was easier for me. Seeing everything played out before me like on a movie/tv screen can sometimes feel overwhelming. Sometimes my own imagination is less scary than how scary it feels to watch it happen "live" or with actors. As with another popular movie/book "Gone Girl," sometimes I would rather choose to read about (topic) than to see actors and actresses play out those topics in a movie. I read that book too, before seeing the film. I have not seen 'Gone Girl' the movie, and I kind of don't want to.
Anyway, I was going to give you this ... Original Title: Room. Author: Emma Donoghue. The book was first published in August 2010. (Movie also titled "Room" released in 2015.) <3 Platy

User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 June 17th, 2021

@cyanPlatypus6370 Thanks you for the book title! I saw gone girl! It was good but there were some rough moments in it for sure. I read one book by Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl author) Sharp Objects it was good but trigger warning definitly.

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: SunnyMomma
SunnyMomma January 5th, 2021

World War Z. I haven't watched a new one in quite awhile!

User Profile: MelanieDaniels63
MelanieDaniels63 January 6th, 2021

Silent night deadly night 5.

User Profile: powerfulPear2565
powerfulPear2565 January 6th, 2021

My sisters keeper. crying

January 11th, 2021

Gnome mobile

User Profile: Omar2M
Omar2M January 12th, 2021

Just Mercy, big fan of Michael B Jordan 😂

User Profile: loyalShip4416
loyalShip4416 January 12th, 2021

Dinner For Schmucks

User Profile: powerfulPear2565
powerfulPear2565 January 16th, 2021

Knifes Out. It was surprisingly amazing as i dont usually like those sorts of movies.

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 June 11th, 2021

@powerfulPear2565 - Good to know! I have been debating within myself if I want to see this one. I think it has turned out to be one of the last films including Christopher Plummer, so just for that I might have to see it. haha. ~ Platy

load more