Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lurkers Unite! Do you regularly lurk in the chatrooms, forums or feed? - Come say hi & share what you have learned as a 7 Cups lurker!!

User Profile: Laura
Laura January 18th, 2018

We know you are out there!! Lurkers come say hi!!!!

113
User Profile: creativefield
creativefield January 19th, 2018

@Laura hi.

User Profile: OrangeWarrior
OrangeWarrior January 19th, 2018

A thread for lurkers? I've found my home xDD. Hi, fellow lurkers!

I very rarely go into group chats, but I have a look around the forums almost every day. I don't consider myself a very active forum user, though. And why don't I make posts more often? Firstly, because I'm often too shy to post anything (the same reason I seldom go into group chats). Also, because I enjoy simply reading others' contributions. It's like watching a movie (?). And I have learnt... oh, so much. A great example is how to deal with disruptive people - calmly and compassionately but firmly. I think it is very important to know how to deal with disruptive people, and some people here at 7Cups are great at it.

User Profile: XxAri27xX
XxAri27xX January 19th, 2018

But commenting on a lurker thread wouldn't make me a lurker. I would be a lurker but I wouldn't be a lurking lurker since I'm not lurking on this lurker thread full of non-lurking lurkers and lurking lurkers since there are lurkers not lurking and lurkers just...lurking.

User Profile: PhoenixAsh
PhoenixAsh January 19th, 2018

@XxAri27xX I... I think my brain just broke while reading that cheeky

User Profile: RumpleSteeleSkin
RumpleSteeleSkin January 19th, 2018

@XxAri27xX

SAY WHATsurprise

nat geo wild wtf GIF by Dr. K's Exotic Animal ER

cheeky

User Profile: Blinkk
Blinkk January 19th, 2018

@XxAri27xX but you have to understand that lurkers can comment in the lurker thread and identify with being a lurker, because even though they are technically non-lurkers at this point in time, they still qualify for being a lurker. However, lurking in the lurker thread is a double bonus and you get super lurker status if you are lurking in the lurker thread. Not that any of us will know, because once you comment to claim your super lurker bonus, you have broken your lurker streak and now you're just a regular lurker like us.

User Profile: Blinkk
Blinkk January 19th, 2018

@XxAri27xX but you have to understand that lurkers can comment in the lurker thread and identify with being a lurker, because even though they are technically non-lurkers at this point in time, they still qualify for being a lurker. However, lurking in the lurker thread is a double bonus and you get super lurker status if you are lurking in the lurker thread. Not that any of us will know, because once you comment to claim your super lurker bonus, you have broken your lurker streak and now you're just a regular lurker like us.

User Profile: DeepRedCozyRooms
DeepRedCozyRooms January 21st, 2018

@XxAri27xX The cycle is broken

load more
User Profile: MintyStrawberry
MintyStrawberry January 19th, 2018

....

....

(cr@p I've been caught)

hi

User Profile: Havingfuninthesnow
Havingfuninthesnow January 19th, 2018

Why do they look at everyones comments? Why do they stay in those rooms if they aren't going to make comments?

January 19th, 2018

@DanaMH

Sometimes you're too shy to say things in rooms that's one reason people lurk

User Profile: Havingfuninthesnow
Havingfuninthesnow January 20th, 2018

@Llamonade Then they need to be more open

User Profile: ChiStjerne
ChiStjerne January 20th, 2018

@DanaMH

Some times thats a harder thing for others.

load more
load more
User Profile: Blue77778065
Blue77778065 January 21st, 2018

@DanaMH sometimes the way people are talking shows how clever they are and your statements make u feel dumb. So u do not say anything rather then reading the conversation

load more
User Profile: GingerSunshyne
GingerSunshyne January 19th, 2018

Uhhh I

User Profile: reliableBeechwood1276
reliableBeechwood1276 January 21st, 2018

@GingerSunshyne

hi

User Profile: GingerSunshyne
GingerSunshyne January 21st, 2018

@reliableBeechwood1276

hi

load more
User Profile: gentleWest1769
gentleWest1769 January 22nd, 2018

@GingerSunshyne Hi. I feel the same way. Almost like I have nothing to contribute. I'm also scared that I may say something wrong if I put myself out there.

load more
User Profile: politeSkies6536
politeSkies6536 January 20th, 2018

@Laura Hey! I like lurking. It means I don't have to actively participate, but I'm not alone. I've found that people have pretty similar worries, if that makes any sense.

User Profile: Erato
Erato January 20th, 2018

*ehem* @silvericecream21 *ehem* XD I remember you!

User Profile: Sarahliew
Sarahliew January 20th, 2018

I m 21yr who doesn't know what I've been suffering since 9 was not an asthma attack but a panic disorder. No wonder the doctor always said Im fine when Im not, no wonder some pharmacists said I lied when Im not.

User Profile: DeepRedCozyRooms
DeepRedCozyRooms January 21st, 2018

It's so hard to decide what to say, but at least this isn't a live conversation, so much more thinking ;-;

Also I just joined and I'm already being called out on what I'm planning to do lol.