Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Adult females are not GIRLS!

User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo May 21st, 2016

I'm tired of seeing this. It's bad enough in real life but I would expect more from a support site.

I am not a girl.

I am a woman.

Referring to an adult female as a girl is dismissive, sexist and patronizing.

'Getting with a girl' if you are an adult is illegal for many situations in many places in the world.

37
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo OP March 24th, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHH3lhYwqcY

A bit more eloquently stated than my previous rant.

User Profile: Hopeful0001
Hopeful0001 March 31st, 2017

To be honest, when I turned 18 ( I am 21 now), I found it weird suddenly being a woman, and I still find it hard to refer to myself as a woman ._.

User Profile: beatrection
beatrection May 19th, 2017

@AffyAvo

It's not patronizing.

'Boy' and 'Girl' are exact equivalents and both are used to describe adults in myriad of situations- many of which harbor absolutely no sign of patronizing tone or offensive connotations.

I'm more offended by your language policing. The word 'girl' is not an insult, don't try to make it one.

User Profile: GeorgiaFrazier
GeorgiaFrazier February 12th, 2023

@AffyAvo


Males and ladies also differ in size and appearance which is caused in part by their hormones. While as youthful children these differences may not be veritably significant, they come more and more egregious as boys come men and girls come women. A girl is a womanish human being and is used to describe a womanish from nonage up to the time that she becomes an grown-up. A girl is still dependent on her parents for her introductory requirements similar as food, apparel, education, sanctum, and to give her with guidance in everything that she does. A girl has a body that isn't yet completely developed, and although she may formerly be in her teens and reaches puberty, she's still called a girl until similar time when she's formerly independent and can handle effects by herself, in which case she can formerly be called a woman. A woman, on the other hand, is defined as an adult womanish human being. A girl can be called a woman when she's formerly suitable to handle life’s liabilities towards herself and others. While a girl and a woman are both suitable to produce seed, a girl isn't yet ready to take on its liabilities like a woman can. Girls and women are distinguished by their age as well as their physical, emotional, and cerebral maturity. In different corridor of the world there are also different ways that one is distinguished from the other.