Best friend just told me he's in love with me.
OK this needs alot of context and I don't have many friends or any really to be honest so here it goes.
I am 36 yo f and my boyfriend is 42 we have been together 10 plus years. About 6 years ago I met this guy will call him Jeremy. Welp me and Jeremy have been best friends ever since and today he told me he loves me.
I want to be completely honest about 3 years ago we where both drinking something almost happend but it didn't. Now today he tell me he wished something happend and it didn't cause he was scared and that he is in love with me
@peachGrapefruit468 i see it sounds like a very confusing situation to be in, how do you feel about it?
So, why have you and your boyfriend been together for 10 years and not gotten married? That's my first question. Second question, do you love your best friend back?
So what did you tell him when him
hi! i’m just now reading this & i must know how this story ends!! did you end up getting with your best friend? does your partner know? do you not have a partner anymore?
@peachGrapefruit468
There I can imagine would be complicated emotions behind navigating from a friendship to something more .
You can explore your thoughts and feelings towards him. Whether it be through journalling or speaking to him (when you are ready). Imaging how you would feel if love isn’t reciprocated.
Know if you don’t see him that way it doesn’t make you a bad person. Trust your boundaries . All you can do for each other is navigate with kindness and respect 🤍