How often do you have difficulty concentrating on what people say to you, even when they are speaking to you directly?

Jannise McKamey-Bruell, LAPC

I am a nonjudgmental counselor that employs transparency, trust, honesty and integrity in her practice and in the therapeutic relationship.

MollyCule
January 2nd, 2018 6:26am
Often! ADHD is super fun like that. I even make eye contact and try to indicate that I am listening but I struggle to retain the info. I’ve kearned to repeat back what they say to me, or in the appropriate context I will make a note of what they’re saying in my phone.
Yorpie
To me, it depends on how long that person is talking to me. I don't really have a problem with short conversations but when a person is talking for minutes at a time, I tend to lose focus. When he or she is done, I suddenly realize I can't even remember half the stuff the other person said. Though people who know me well, are able to notice when I lose focus, as I tend to just staring at one point, basically 'zoning out'.
Unless a person is distracted by a current event, suffer from HDHD or some mental/health issue or is hearing impaired, he/she shouldn't experience difficulty following a direct conversation.