Is there anyway to remove all of your sexual desire?

Sandra Butler, AOD, DV counselor

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Experienced in understanding how emotions and feelings affect our lifes in every aspect of interacting, not just with others, but how we process those emotions. I can help you

Anonymous - Expert in Chronic Pain
I haven't found any way to get rid of any desire. We are created as sexual beings, so we will likely have sexual desires most of our lives. How we deal with them is what I've found to be most important
sweetsummer75 - Expert in Chronic Pain
I don't believe that there is a way to remove all of someone's sexual desires but there are ways that can limit your sexual desires.
softNutella25
Sexual desire is a natural feeling that everyone has and for good reason. There is no way to remove sexual desire, but you may want to ask yourself why you want to remove your desire and then look at it from that perspective.
PurpleGoddess
It just really depends on the person and what you are trying to do and what your goal is. Some can do it and some can't but if you try at it you may even succeed.
Medx717
Yes there many ways to remove your sexual desires , like sport practive studies work ...but how long its is our nature as humais and its codes in our dna i dont think we can remove it , all we can do is hidding it for a while and escaping from it and its wont last forever
RogerDan555
No, but you can control it. Meditation and recreational activities help a lot for curbing excessive sexual desires.
steelnerve
From a guy's point of view, it is not meant to be get ridden of. Its one of the greatest motivational forces a man has, all that's needed is to make use of it to improve things. Let that testosterone make you take on new challenges, and beat them!
DonaldK
If you take drastic measures possibly. However, you would have to remove all stimuli from your life. However, that would totally be up to you. That includes TV, books, magazines, anything that you feel would give you that certain feeling.
Anonymous
In my own opinion there our ways to remove sexual desires unfortunately one of them happens to be injury to certain areas that changes the sexual ways of thinking and desires the other would be turning over into a spiritual way that also will wipe away the sexual desires of a person if the the person is more than willing to truly go in that direction
Anonymous
There are people who try to go for meditation and self actualization I’m not sure if it works. But maybe being driven with a cause in your life that makes you very involved and motivated could work too!
ColoredPerspective
I don't think there is a way to completely remove it unless you separate yourself from situations or people you feel would help you give into that desire. You have to have control over yourself and want to get better whole heartedly.
Anonymous
Sometimes medication can help with this desire. It is not always possible to completely remove the desire.
DaisyTalk
I think there is no way to remove all sexual desire unless you are just not interested in something sexually.
AutumnLeigh
Sexual desire comes from hormones and ranges with gender and age. There is no way outside of medicine or medical procedures to remove ALL of it. If your sexual desire is causing you to make bad/harmful choices, you might want to talk to a therapist about handling sexual desire in a healthy way.
1musicloverever
Well some people are born or identify as asexual which means they have no sexual wants with any gender. I'm not sure how you can remove all your sexual desires but I'd imagine you can just not be attracted to anyone sexually and not have sex. Simple as that. But you can always Google those kinds of things.
Mityvac
Sexualaty is normal. Human beings are sexual beings. Don't be ashamed of it. But there are certain places and a certain time to express sexual desires.
Anonymous
I am honestly not an expert on this topic. I really believe it depends on your situation. In my opinion, it is probably not possible to do so.
Angelsupporter9
No, unfortunately there is no way because being sexual is humane, part of us and what we are. At least I think that way.
Zealous
No. We are sexual creatures by nature, due to our evolution. We can choose to not have sex. That is a legitimate decision and you are entitled to it!
Kallie112358
Yes - but none of them are easy or very good for you. The best thing to do is look at why you want to remove it all and to reflect upon what is making you feel that way
JudithAsk9
I don't think there is because it is considered a primary necessity, but I think that if a person can focus it on the right person or the right method can lower, because the common thing when one tries to remove it, it becomes stronger.
Anonymous
I think that perhaps managing sexual desires if they were causing self or others problems may be possible through working with an expert in this area
RumpleSteeleSkin
Im not sure you can "remove" all your sexual desires. But I do know you can choose to not have sex with anyone. That takes alot of mindfulness in your head I say. But aside from seeing your doctor and getting on certain medications, I am not for sure but to just manage your feelings and desires on sex. Good luck with this.
Djbc
Yes there is. Repressing it can help, but unless you want this to be your lifestyle choice, shutting the emotions down can be very unhealthy. I think you should look forward controlling it instead.
Anonymous
i'm sure there are drugs that would suppress your sex drive, but i dont think removing it completely would be possible
Anonymous
As with most things, there are at least 2 components of sexual desire: physical and mental. Some people have higher levels of either one, or both, of those than other people. So, the ease of 'removing' (rather than just 'suppressing') desire is different from one person to the next. Those people with what is called a "high sex drive" are likely to have both physical and mental sensitivities to stimulation, and even to inherent levels of response. If one has a low physical level of desire, and is able to focus on other kinds of satisfactions (such as religiosity, intellectual pursuits, sports, etc.), it may be relatively easy to avoid the physical and mental 'triggers' of sexual desire. However, if a person has high sensitivity to either of those (mental or physical) stimuli, it can be much harder to reduce or eliminate the responses to sexual stimulants. This is easily seen in many young people, whose body is maturing, and whose levels of hormones are high and fluctuating. Even in disinterested adults, such as those who are suffering from depression, the involuntary physical response may remain. So, perhaps the question should be: Can a 'normal' 'healthy' person have no sexual response? I believe that is a very rare phenomenon.
Anonymous
Sexual Desires are in as much as part of the human makeup as a hand an eye or even an arm. Thus as humans with superior intellect what we can do is acknowledge the desire we are feeling as we would any another emotion like love hate anger which we are subjected to on a daily basis. Next, we go through a process of disecting and rationalizing the desire as we would any other emotion. In questioning the self; why am I having these desires right now? What is the underlying cause of my desires past and present? I might become better able to master my desires.
Anonymous
Sexual desire is a complex and natural part of life. While it is not usually possible to extinguish it, you can practice good sexual health to help manage it. Things like practicing good sexual health or limiting exposure to sexually explicit materials might help limit when you feel this desire. If you are experiencing distress linked to your sexual desire, it might be best to seek professional help to figure out why this is, and how best to navigate coping strategies. Desires are natura and normal, and there is nothing wrong with experiencing them, even if it feels that way sometimes.
ZoraAurora
If I had this question I would first want to consider why I wanted to remove all sexual desire. Is it because you are unfulfilled in your sexual relationships or because you aren't finding a partner to share your sexual desire with regularly ? If it is because of one of those two reasons I would begin to work to find out why I am having this difficulty. If I wanted to remove all sexual desire due to reason other than not finding a partner I would try to find other activities that satisfied my desires. That may be sports or other physical activities.
Islah
In my opinion, sexual desire (or lack thereof) is a part of human nature. It isn't something to be ashamed of, although sexuality is highly stigmatized. Open conversations about sexual desire are rare and taboo in many spaces. However, sexuality is a spectrum, ranging from no desire (which is perfectly normal), up to any amount of desire, and everything in between is all normal and healthy. What is unhealthy, however, is judging yourself for your sexual desire. I encourage you to explore the reasons behind why you want to remove your sexual desire. Is it because of trauma, stigma, or shame? Science tells us that our sexual desire is innate, healthy, and should be embraced. Best of luck on your journey!