Am I transgender? FtM

Kelly Horton, PsyD

Sometimes life can feel overwhelming due to depression or anxiety. I work with my clients in a nonjudgmental, supportive, way to find their voice and reclaim their lives.

TaranWanderer
You know yourself best--if you're feeling like you may be transgender, then it's good to explore what that means, read about other people's experiences and how it relates to your own, and really think about how you feel about your identity and what it would be like to live as a girl. It's important to think about if you're feeling this way because of the things you like/dislike, because society tries to tell us if we're a girl, we should like __, but really, you can like anything and be any gender. I think what's important about being transgender is deeper than that, what your sense of identity is, your feelings about your body, and how you see yourself. Only you can decide if your feelings mean you're transgender :)
HaydenSunshine
The only person who can answer that question is you. No one knows yourself better than you. Discovering your journey when you're trans is an extremely personal experience. However that doesn't mean you have to do it alone. While I, nor anyone else can tell you whether or not you are trans we can support you while you figure this out. Talking to other transgender people can help, as you can hear their experiences and see if they relate to your own (however every trans experience is different). There is a large transgender community on and off 7cups. There is an LGBT group chat for you to connect to other LGBT members and/or listeners. You can also send a personal request to listeners specifically trained in LGBT matters. I hope this answer was helpful and wish you the best of luck on your gender journey!