I've started to develop really strong feelings for a girl in my class. I get nervous and happy when talking to her. I've never felt this way about a girl before. What should i do?

JaNaè Taylor, PhD, LPC

I work to provide culturally tailored services to my clients through support, advocacy, and reflection.

Emily619
When you get the courage to talk to her, go for it! It may seem scary and daunting, but remember: the worst that can happen is that she doesn't want to talk. Start out with simple conversation and go from there.
I know it must be a confusing experience, but love is always a great chance of happiness, whatever is the gender of the people involved! So if you feel like she may be interested, go for it, we all deserve our chance of love and happiness! If you'd rather feel a bit more "safe" before, you may inquire a bit about her views on LGBTQ+, to see if she would be comfortable with an eventual coming out. Try to get close to her, to develop the bond between you two, and see where it goes. Good luck!