I was told I was a demon cause I hear voices. But then being told God loves me no matter what. Please what is the truth?

4 Answers.
Top Rated Answer
VinylFly
Hearing voices does not make you a demon. You just face some challenges that are unique to you. Mental illness is just that, an illness which is beyond your control. You're still a human being and your perfectly well-loved. Of course God loves you and He will continue to do so regardless of what anyone says or thinks.
Newest Answer
TheBabyLion
If someone answers this question, implying someone KNOWS the truth, I wouldn't recommend listening for an answer! When talking about God/demons/other worlds or dimensions, one has to realize that we simply do not know for sure. And it may not even be for us to know! For what I feel certain enough is to answer the indirect question you provided. You are not a demon just because you hear voices. There thousands (if not millions) of people who claim to be able to communicate with spirits (or divine guides, or higher beings). If something, it makes you special and truly gifted. Please don't hesitate to speak with someone here if you feel like it's becoming overwhelming :)

Want to better understand yourself?

Take this emotional wellness test! Less than 2 minutes.
EarsForYou
Looking for answers on the internet...we've all been there. I just want you to know you don't have to figure this out on your own. I know this might not be something you want to discuss with your friends or family, but if you join this site you can get free, anonymous support from trained listeners and a huge support community. Nobody is here to judge.
Earn
I'm so sorry to hear that you are being called a demon for hearing voices. I want to tell you that it is not true at all, you are not a demon. As a mental health professional with strong religious belief (Christian), I must sadly admit that sometimes some people within the religious community are misinformed or have misunderstood about mental health issues, and that makes them giving hurtful or even harmful suggestions to the person facing such mental health issues. It is important for us to recognise and learn about what mental issues are, and how we can help. Speaking of which, I want to say I'm happy to hear that you recognise you are facing this issue of hearing voices. Recognising and admitting our issues or problems doesn't make us weak or bad, instead it takes a strong person to realise and recognise that we face problem, and we need help. I hope you can seek for professional help for you to deal with this issue. Finally, I want to affirm you that God loves you and He cares for you. Perhaps at this moment you may not be feeling like this is true, that He loves you, especially when you are still struggling with your issues, but I know that it is His plan that you can receive and accept this love, and He will make His love known to you. Do not stop getting help for the issues you are facing, and do believe that God loves you!