My Mom brings up religion everytime I want to make a decision for myself. Is my Mother trying to hinder me in life?

Cynthia Stocker, LCSW, LICSW

My approach is direct, kind, honest & collaborative. My clients appreciate that I help them in a way that cuts through the jargon and gives clear explanations.

calmMango9611
That is a good question. I am an ordained minster. It sounds like your mom loves you very much. It is hard to say here. Question, What do you feel that way? In my opinion, I feel like she is just trying to look out for you. Your mom sounds like a very caring women, and you should feel very lucky and blessed to have someone like you mom. It also sounds like she loves you very much. Is my mom trying to hinder me in life? That is a good question, one that only you can answer. I hope this answer helps you out. Sorry I could not be more helpful to you.
Bunii
it depends. does she bring up her religion as an answer, or is she more forcing religion into the picture? also, does she make you feel like you belong with her religion, or is she forcing you to coincide? if you don't want to be apart of her religion because of her answers or her answers are pushing you further into disliking it, then the answer would be yes. if you are just trying to understand the religion or are confused, then no.