How do I know when to reach out to a teacher to get support with class work?

Mexico

Paola Giordani, Psychoanalyst

Licensed Psychoanalyst

I have helped and am helping people cope with loss, divorce, anguish and parenting. Depression is also a major issue that comes up.

listener342
If you are wondering about this and asking this question, then that is a good reason to reach out! It is always a good idea to try and get some support before you are really struggling. Your teacher is there to support you, whether you need a little help or a whole lot of help. See if you can meet with your teacher and let them know how exactly you need support with class work. Is it hard for you to understand the concepts? Does your work take you too long to complete? Are you worried about quizzes and tests? They will know how to help you move forward.
optimisticDog5922
Knowing when to reach out to a teacher to get support is difficult but the key thing to remember, especially when exams are coming up, is that the teachers are there to help you. In fact for many it's the entire reason they chose the profession. Knowing when to ask for help is something that I really struggled with. Eventually, I realised that for me the best time to ask for help is as soon as I didn't understand or was struggling with something. This is the best time to ask as the teacher's advice has the most impact. If you are feeling a bit nervous about asking for help then talk to your teacher after the lesson as most, if not all teachers, will be willing to help.